My initial enthusiasm about this new game simply disappeared

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

darrund
x4

My initial enthusiasm about this new game simply disappeared

Post by darrund » Sat, 8. May 21, 22:37

As per the title.
Don't get me wrong, I still like the idea of a new x3 sequel with different scenarios, not obliged to do the same things again and again but I am a bit disappointed.
Especially with the dynamic relations system. It doesn't seem to add up. Not to me anyway.
Just not my playstyle.
So it will be shelved until further notice.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Re: My initial enthusiasm about this new game simply disappeared

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 8. May 21, 23:15

You should try the Goner start, that will test your patients.
I am 23 hours in and stuck yet again , not a clue what to do next.
Not allowed to go any where, have to follow the breadcrumbs that are scattered too far apart the birds have eaten most of them.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sun, 9. May 21, 07:01

This is how I feel. I have a vast empire in Reunion and a modest in AP. It was a pain to build them and make some security. Then now I have it in X4 too. Pushing the nostalgia button on me with the logical parts of X3 but the factory build I won't do it again. I rather would enjoy to expand the older X3s than this new game where you need weeks of game play before you can start the real deal.
I won't forget the feeling in here when I first set up traders for the pilot station. Solve the problems that getting your needed stuff.
Another thing I won't forget the excitement of X3:Reunion the battles for the remaining sectors to get rid of Pirate Bases with Capital Ship patrollers. When the last sectors were nightmares as the game tried to fill them dozens of pirate ships. So i rather would enjoy if we start in AP or TC with our empire and assets to "boldly go" to new places. Expanded trading opportunities n all.
Maybe i have missed the point somewhere in here. In FL.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 9. May 21, 10:56

Virtualaughing wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 07:01
Possibly. :) With the plot in X3FL we deliberately tried to do something different than in previous X3 games. I tried to explain the motives behind it in my interview.

If you don't feel like playing the plot, which - similar to previous X games - introduces the player to the universe and to certain new features, then there are also sandbox starts and we reworked the custom game allowing you to set your own starting conditions. See the Survival Guide for reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 10. May 21, 07:19

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 10:56
Virtualaughing wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 07:01
Possibly. :) With the plot in X3FL we deliberately tried to do something different than in previous X3 games. I tried to explain the motives behind it in my interview.

If you don't feel like playing the plot, which - similar to previous X games - introduces the player to the universe and to certain new features, then there are also sandbox starts and we reworked the custom game allowing you to set your own starting conditions. See the Survival Guide for reference.
I meant no disrespect. It should be in my signature. :D
My main gameplay in Reunion is custom start. The Pilot is all right. I can imagine to lose control over my asserts because no gate connection to use Trading System Extension in an existing Reunion or TC/AP universe. What i feel not doing again to build an empire from the ground up.
438 DAY gameplay in Reunion. The only modification I have in there is thereshallbewings applied without fully grasping the consequences. Due at that time my english was limited at best. :D Around 200 day was when the Hyperion story got available. 200+ Hyperion I have there. Every non Xenon sector is secured with at least 1 Raptor 1 Hyperion. Around a hundred Ray fulI Gamma PPC. Full cover of all goods with support for NPC factories A hundred megacomplex.. I can won almost any war only using Global Commands. :..... So.... :D :D :D LOVE!
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:01

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 10:56
The custom start is a really nice feature, by the way. Good job on that.

Readymade

Post by Readymade » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:16

I can totally agree with you. I just press the wrong button and lost reputation and two ranks with just one click - that's insane. And not only lost it with one faction, it just decreased by 4 factions due to the dynamic rep system. Also even if you are friends with the factions again a lot of the ships are still marked as foes and therefore you can't send your traders out into the universe because they always will get killed by your friends because they are still marked as enemys. That makes the game pretty unplayable. Just have a look into the mod section, there is a guide to turn dynamic reputations off on the cost of a **modified** game

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:20

The reputation system will possibly be overhauled in a future update. Please refer this thread for reference.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”