Can't connect all the factories...

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sarah L Adams

Can't connect all the factories...

Post by Sarah L Adams » Wed, 5. Jul 23, 03:17

Can someone help me please?

I’m playing Farnham’s Legacy.

I’m attempting to build a small factory complex. I built 6 Cattle Ranches close together all aligned 3 x 2. My problem is I can only connect 4 factories and place the docking port. I can’t figure out how to connect the other remaining 2 Ranches to the other 4. I used the Complex Construction kit to try and connect the remaining 2 factories, but I just end up with another separate docking port.

What am I doing wrong? Are there any video tutorials available?

Thanks

DanKara
x4

Re: Can't connect all the factories...

Post by DanKara » Wed, 5. Jul 23, 06:33

Welcome to the game and forum!

Building a complex in X3FL is a wee bit different from earlier games.
The 'Complex Construction Kit' you used is now responsable for the complex hub (docking ports). It comes with the possibility to connect 4 stations with it. For each additionial station you need one 'Complex Extension Kit' (sold at every(?) shipyard).
You can use the CEK anytime after placement of the CCK.
With your own TL (Build MK2) you can pick up your second placed complex hub (for use with a different complex)
... I think it is still possible to connext to complex hubs through the use of a third CCK (to circumvent the 20km-reach-limit).

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 5. Jul 23, 09:57

You need additional complex extension kits to connect more factories. If you have them in the TL when you use the complex construction kit you can connect them all at the same time

Sarah L Adams

Post by Sarah L Adams » Thu, 6. Jul 23, 21:33

Thanks guys.

All working Ok now. But the connecting tubes are all over the place. It must be the order in which I connect the factory units. I’ll keep trying.

Cheers…

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 6. Jul 23, 22:16

Sarah L Adams wrote:
Thu, 6. Jul 23, 21:33
But the connecting tubes are all over the place.
I gave up on trying to control the placements of the tubes long ago. The spagheties will always get out of hands.
I think with FL it got even worse (maybe because of that 'safety distance' used now?)

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 10. Jul 23, 04:32

Sarah L Adams wrote:
Thu, 6. Jul 23, 21:33
Thanks guys.

All working Ok now. But the connecting tubes are all over the place. It must be the order in which I connect the factory units. I’ll keep trying.

Cheers…
If you get the Build Command Software Mk3, it'll solve the spaghetti problem. Just keep in mind, "and at least in my case", the software wouldn't use anything, or let me change it from the Boron equivalent of the complex kits. And yes it did travel to the shipyard to buy it. Not even when I had the "Teladi Version" which was actively in the cargo bay of my TL.

The placement though is nice and tight.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”