X3 FL + XRM?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

-XeNoN-
x4

X3 FL + XRM?

Post by -XeNoN- » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 17:32

Just wanted to know if there will be some work regarding of fixing compatibility between FL and XRM or if XRM is abandoned what other mods are you guys recommand then with x3 FL

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X3 FL + XRM?

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 17:33

It's up to mod creators to decide whether to update their mods.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 17:36

Yea ok well hopefully they'll do it.

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 21:50

I don't think you'll hear any mod recommendations prior to release, really. XRM in particular is, as I understand it, a whole different beast in that it has its own map (additions? Not sure on that), and so would be incompatible by default, not to mention all the differences between the various object-lists.

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 23:46

Hopefully Paul will come back and lead a project to port it over. I'm waiting to hear from him before posting what I have in mind, but suffice it to say something will be done (i.e. at minimum a compatibility patch).
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Post by Aven Valkyr » Sat, 1. May 21, 18:00

Why would you want to mod the game before its release? This has been years in the making in collaboration with some of the top modders in the community. Just play the game for what it is, worry about that stuff later 😁

P.S. recently did a base game run-through, it's pretty shiny as-is, there's info stating that some of the last game updates for AP came out of the work put in to FL

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Sat, 1. May 21, 22:38

Because getting an early start on the slow process of modding a new release is more productive than simply waiting. Vanilla gameplay balance is not likely to be significantly different than X3-R to TC to AP, which many players consider to be too easy, XRM is a good improvement and expansion on that balance, without any large fundamental changes, so its good place to start.

That said, yes, absolutely, everyone should play the vanilla game before using mods, try everything, and take notes on ideas as they come.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 1. May 21, 23:32

As Megaburn said and i agree early start is always good but its also good to see what new stuff is in vanilla and first do those achievements then mod the game or patch if needed

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”