Problematic placement of Complex Hub docking station

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Swagmatic
x4

Problematic placement of Complex Hub docking station

Post by Swagmatic » Fri, 30. Jun 23, 22:30

Hi everyone,
I've build a complex using the complex planner and i'm really enjoying not having to tediously align stations by hand.
But when the complex finished, it placed the complex hub in a really awkward position, where the route to half of the docking clamps is obstructed by asteroids from mines in the complex.
I myself obviously dont have a problem docking due to a docking computer, but im worried about my ships beind destroyed when docking while im in sector.

Here are 2 pics of the docks next to the mines:
https://imgur.com/a/BbYxQpi

Is there a way to prevent this problematic placement?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Problematic placement of Complex Hub docking station

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 4. Jul 23, 00:36

One way that could work is to place a few stations together as another complex and then connect them to the previous complex. There's a 50% chance that the new hub will be the one on the new complex instead of on the old one.

I had three complexes in a sector, to reduce construction time, and wanted the final hub in a specific location. Instead, no matter how I chose the final hub, it kept going to the one closest to the gate.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”