Release on GOG any Updates/ETA?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

stevecs
xr

Release on GOG any Updates/ETA?

Post by stevecs » Sun, 9. Jul 23, 18:13

Been playing X3TC LU & Mayhem for years. Before that XBTF, X2. I just tried X4 yet again but even after 6 years of patches the game just IMHO sucks the life out of what the previous versions of X were. Just can't play it for more than a couple hours every 2-3 years to realize that it's not for me and then go back to X3 LU again.

I saw this announcement and the ads for it on Steam but nothing for GOG. I won't buy on steam (don't care for their model and like completely offline gaming). Is there any update as to if/when this is coming to GOG? The last I saw was way back in 2021 saying that it was being looked into (this was from egosoft on the youtube trailer). but really *nothing* in the last 2 years.

I know it's really just some minor work/patches to TC/AP (would *really* love to see modern graphics & multi-threading (instead of 2-4 threads per game, 2-4 threads or more per sector esp with 64/128/192 thread cpus) but with the X UI/Interface; fleet mechanics; trading mechanics; etc) but at least it's *something*.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Release on GOG any Updates/ETA?

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 9. Jul 23, 20:09

It's not really a minor patch to TC/AP it adds and changes alot.

Alot bigger than what AP was to TC.

It's been available on GOG since May 2021, as part of the Terran War Pack.

If you own TC/AP on GOG then you should already have it

stevecs
xr

Re: Release on GOG any Updates/ETA?

Post by stevecs » Sun, 9. Jul 23, 23:24

Hmm. Thanks for the response as I didn't see it. I pinged GOG and they fixed the issue. I just grabbed it and will re-install. I mean looking at the list of fixes from here:

https://egosoft.com:8444/confluence/dis ... egacy+Wiki

is interesting. (why that wiki is not easy to be found is another issue, as well as it being on port 8444 which requires me to use a proxy server to hit so pretty well hidden). I like the new map (that's one thing I liked about some of the scripts in previous versions with more of a 'randomized' map option. This isn't random but it's at least different so should be good for a couple hundred hours.

I see that you've ported/modded some scripts over to it already (which is good as I loved your scripts for X3). Though wonder how compatible the older scripts are for quality of life and late-game (war/unrest/etc, i.e. scaling difficulty when the player becomes a major faction themselves).

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”