The TS Guide

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

What's your favourite TS Class ship?

Argon Mercury
19%
Boron Dolphin
27%
Paranid Demeter
26%
Split Caiman
18%
Teladi Vulture
7%
Pirate Ship
3%

Total votes: 135

Java Jawa
x3tc

Post by Java Jawa » Tue, 31. May 05, 08:34

I know, and it's score represents that, on the good side of adeuquate, but not great :wink: . Don't worry, this is a rolling thread . . . the M3 guide got a couple of thousand hits, but a tenth of the posts :) .
i7 940 @ 2.93GHz
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
XFX GTX 295 1792MB GPU
ASUS Rampage II Extreme MoBo w/ X-Fi
Logitech G19, G9, Z-2300 THX speakers
Sennheiser PC350 headphones

Walken
x2

Post by Walken » Tue, 31. May 05, 12:31

This series of threads is incredibly helpful; and it is also helpful to see different opinions.

One thing I never figured out, is how can even a fully-loaded TS be any good as a capping rig if it cannot turn fast? You can't shoot something unless you can point your guns at it.

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Tue, 31. May 05, 13:50

Walken wrote:This series of threads is incredibly helpful; and it is also helpful to see different opinions.

One thing I never figured out, is how can even a fully-loaded TS be any good as a capping rig if it cannot turn fast? You can't shoot something unless you can point your guns at it.
Why do you think the Demeter has guns fore and aft? I found the best way to cap is to fly towards a ship (I'll use a pirate TS for this example although any ship with 1 x 25MW shield and above works too) and open APSG fire when within range and pass it avoiding it's fire with a strafe drive. As I pass, the rear ASPG is icing down the shields and the hull. I stop as the target mark of 87% is reached, fly off to let it's shields recharge and just rinse and repeat, I have a AIRE in the aft turret when the mark of 87% is reached to preserve the hull, occasionally changing back to ASPG if I become impatient.

Sometimes I decide to switch to external view and let the rear gun fire upon it's target but use a similar method to the above in a similar way to a corvette.

So far I have capped 10 Orinocos, 1 L, an average of 25 Pirate ships and 2 Bayamons and I've only just begun!
A new rig is in my hands now if only there was time...

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Tue, 31. May 05, 21:43

IMO the Demeter, Caiman, & Dolphin are all quite viable freight haulers. The other 3 (Vulture, Mercury, & Pirate Ship) have no role in my Corporation.

Although I agree with all of BoronSticks observations I disagree with the conclusion. I feel Caiman & Demeters are about equal in survivability. The reason is that only speed with save a TS's bacon. Everything else is just a means of stalling the inevitable to see if the ship's speed will save it.

In my games I treat the Caiman as an equal to the Demeter (their cargo hauling over time is very comparable). I think I may start switching to Manta's in some of the higher risk areas.

Anyway as a general freight hauler I use Caiman or Demeter (favoring the Demeter). For ecells, Soja Beans, et al AND for MkIII trading I use Dolphins exclusively.
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

BoronSticks

Post by BoronSticks » Wed, 1. Jun 05, 01:33

I feel Caiman & Demeters are about equal in survivability
That could be. I'm torn between whether the extra 25 MW of shielding or the 15 M/S speed is more important. Someone should run some kind of test.

Reaper8436247
x2

Dakka dakka

Post by Reaper8436247 » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 19:55

I volunteer to do the shooting! :twisted:
We are but things that dreams are made on, and our little lives are rounded with a sleep.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”