NEWS: Deepsilver UK confirm Gold and release date of 28 October 2005

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jukebox
x2

Post by jukebox » Sat, 22. Oct 05, 17:06

hope firday comes soon can hardly wait for x3.
also if they use D H L to ship the game i'll be able to get my hands on them the moment they reach the shops(i work as a delivery driver for dhl)
makes a refreshing change to get anything before the americans(no offence meant)

Devor
x4

Post by Devor » Sat, 22. Oct 05, 18:24

Well if play.com get them in stock in time they will normally dispatch 3 day before the release date so they arrive on time. I will be watching my play.com order closely Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. :)

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Sun, 23. Oct 05, 10:00

jukebox wrote:hope firday comes soon can hardly wait for x3.
also if they use D H L to ship the game i'll be able to get my hands on them the moment they reach the shops(i work as a delivery driver for dhl)
makes a refreshing change to get anything before the americans(no offence meant)
:D None taken!
I just hope Egosoft ment 05 not 06 :lol:

Work for D H L do you ?
Don't forget to let know when there on your truck , OK?

D H L - Good Company !!!

Astra
x2

Post by Astra » Sun, 23. Oct 05, 14:07

[quote="pjknibbs"][quote="Bane_v2"]A Friday release? That seems odd, but works for me! I know what I'll be doing [u]all[/u] of that weekend.[/quote]

That's the UK release, and games over here are always released on Fridays. I don't think there's a confirmed US release date yet.[/quote]

Is any difference between UK and American releases? I hate that British accent. :twisted:

I tried to preorder and got to the checkout / payment page but did not find Russia in the list of countries. :evil: Are you guys thinking that its market is too small to have it on the list??? There are two China options...

When the game will be available in the brick-and-mortar stores (UK)? I will simply go to the store and buy instead of messing with the on-line pre-order (I waited long since Reunion replaced Return; another two weeks - Uhhhh). Which store in London one can visit to buy the game?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 23. Oct 05, 15:42

Which store in London one can visit to buy the game?
Any that sells computer games and has any sense.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Sun, 23. Oct 05, 16:01

Any idea if there is a delay on preorders as i am still waiting for my email confirmation from egosoft shop, paid on 17th for the english version.

(ive started talking to old people just passing the time)

OD53
x4

Post by OD53 » Sun, 23. Oct 05, 18:31

I have to admit I have never been so excited and eiger to play a game as much as I have for X3, if its as brilliant as all the reports and the developers say it is (and I have no doupt about it) then I will shelf all my old space sims I have until I have finished playing X3 (hopefully at least a years or two!)

OD53.
I'am the conquere of worlds!

I'am the destroyer of all life of which that opposses me!

I'am the 'Oblivious Destroyer the 53rd'

a.k.a. OD53 :D

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 23. Oct 05, 19:28

theres a little thread here

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95111

about the pre-orders, might or might not be od some explaination to you..

As far as talking to old people, us old people aint all that bad to talk to you know, you never know, you might end up learning something you don't know :D :D
pgllrdp wrote:Any idea if there is a delay on preorders as i am still waiting for my email confirmation from egosoft shop, paid on 17th for the english version.
(ive started talking to old people just passing the time)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

daneren2005
x2

Post by daneren2005 » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 02:00

I keep on hearing that the US release date has not been set, yet on Amazon.com, it is already allowing you to buy it, and it says that it's only shipping to the US. I'm curious if anyone knows for a fact that that means if I order it now that I won't be getting a Uk version, but a US one whenever it comes out?

genovagen
x3

Post by genovagen » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 02:36

yea amazone would let you buy the game but it wont ship till they actually GET the game, which im thinking the US and the UK release is going to be pretty much the same since they are the only 2 countries in english right :P and you can just buy it online through a uk based company and get it us that is if for some odd reason they dont have it in the us on the 28th. Gamestop also has set its date to the 31st, but that doesnt meen *(((* since they have changed the date 5 times now : :x

Also i dont know if you guys know this or not but allot of the game stores are now going to preorder only for computer games since the demand for them has gone down......which ofcourse blows but at least youll have the game. They did it with age of empires 3 they only sent 2 or 3 copies extra with the preorders. Thats with the gamestop stores, so if you havnt gotten it preorderd i recomend you do it, its only 5 bucks and goes toward the price so you dont lose anything. I know i was the only one to preorder x3 from my store.....and well thats sad......but i have goteen at least 20 people interested :)

Go forth and spread the word!

daneren2005
x2

Post by daneren2005 » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 03:51

I'm just figuring that if they went through the effort to make a different US and UK version then there probably is a difference. Even if it was only that they had American voices, then that would still make it annoying to have the UK version. I'm just curious about how I can get the US version online, because I don't think I'll find X3 in stores. Where I am in CA, I have only seen one single copy of X-2 my entire life, and it was just a lone copy sitting on a shelf in Best Buy. I have never seen any other game from the X-Universe either, so my hopes of just going to a store and finding it aren't very high. The other big reason that I want to know if it is US version though, is that I don't have a DVD player. It said that they are going to release X3 for CD in US version, but not UK. That kind of makes it important that I get a US version. It would be nice if Ego would provide a little bit more info on this. They don't have to say the exact release date to say how we are going to be able to get ahold or preorder the game in US version.

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 04:32

Don't know.
Anyway just sent E-Mail to Comp U Ware to find out if they are stocking
X3. Hope so.
The only other diff. between th UK verson and the US version that
could be foreseen other than voices, is that the UK verson would be 220 vac and the
US version would be 110 vac.
:lol:

blacktoe
x3

Post by blacktoe » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 06:26

I'm really looking forward to X3, but I, and my $$, will wait to see what all you early adopters have to say... once you actually have the game running. :)

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 13:19

Who fancies a wander down to Deepsilver in Baisingstoke, UK to beg for a copy 8) I can provide proof of purchase :wink:

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 14:42

a proof ? hummm ... Show us a screenshot of an x3 cockpit ! :lol:

genovagen
x3

Post by genovagen » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 19:19

Hot damn those cockpits look nice, i especially like how the ships are desighned, the cockpit has a total 180 degrea view angle since its located on top of the ship instead of in the middle or direct front like others.......the nova seems like they took inspiration from the battle star galactica ships? if so nice because i always liked there fighters ^_^ small monuverable little twerps......alas i have given up hope on getting a copy though.....its never goign to come out :cry:

Roger 1
x3

Post by Roger 1 » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 20:27

Wow - i can't beleive its here already. I waited years for X2 and now this!!
I'm pink therefore I'm Spam

SupertoneD

Post by SupertoneD » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 22:26

i feel exactly the same way! i had almost forgotten about the x universe, and now... it is like the mother of all elite promises just fell out of the sky and into my lap!

i even ordered a brand new CH combatstick to really savour the experience!

i am so excited! they should both arrive on the same day!
Keep mah composure when it's time to get loose, magnetized by tha' mike when I kick mah juice.

-]Darxide[-

Post by -]Darxide[- » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 22:45

Who fancies a wander down to Deepsilver in Baisingstoke, UK to beg for a copy
Yeah I'll go, could do with a nice long walk to pass the time. :wink:
When in doubt, wobble about.

daneren2005
x2

Post by daneren2005 » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 06:43

Tracker001 wrote:Don't know.
Anyway just sent E-Mail to Comp U Ware to find out if they are stocking
X3. Hope so.
The only other diff. between th UK verson and the US version that
could be foreseen other than voices, is that the UK verson would be 220 vac and the
US version would be 110 vac.
:lol:
So, what does the 220 vac and 110 vac mean though? I'm not a big computer person.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”