NEWS: Enlight confirms 5 November for X3: Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MadBoris
x3

Post by MadBoris » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 09:31

Where's Steam when you need it, I'd have had it preloaded by now and been playing :)

How long does a delivery from UK to US take ???

slybri
x2

Post by slybri » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 19:05

Been looking for this game like crazy. Thought it was coming out last week, then this week, now next week :cry:

/sighs
/puts joystick away

Back to World of Warcraft...

Lonewolf102
x3

Post by Lonewolf102 » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 01:08

It will be here soon enough I we have all waited a long time a few more days won't kill us...well I hope not anyway.

Could life be meaningless without x3 :o ... I must consult my local Gonar temple.

:D
Lonewolf, the packwolf in a diffrent season.

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 10:47

Well, I just ordered my copy...if it ships Monday (10/31/05-Gogamer), I will recieve it Tuesday. Should be able to fire it up and play some before I have to go to work. Guess I might have to install it onto my laptop, and play it at work also. Enjoyed X2...looking forward to X3 and chatting with everyone on this fine forum. Later, Captains...

DC

Lonewolf102
x3

Post by Lonewolf102 » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 16:34

By the way are the tech specks up anywere to check if my computer is up to the task?

AMD64 3000+
2x120gb drives
1gbram
fx5800xt from nvidia
Creative Audigy 2
Logitech extreme 3d pro

:D can't wait

Lonewolf102
x3

Post by Lonewolf102 » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 16:52

X³: Reunion - Requirements

Preliminary info

Although we are still in development, we are pleased to be able to update the expected PC requirements for X³: Reunion with some details as below. Please note that these may well change as coding progresses:

Minimum Requirements

Operating System: Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP
CPU Type and speed: Pentium IV (or AMD equivalent) 1.7 GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Hard drive space: 2GB of disk space
Graphics card: 128MB 3D DirectX 9 compatible card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 1.3 support
Optical media: DVD-ROM drive

Recommended Requirements

Operating System: Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP
CPU Type and speed: Pentium IV (or AMD equivalent) 2.4 GHz
Memory: 1GB RAM
Hard drive space: 2GB of disk space
Graphics card: 256MB 3D DirectX 9 compatible card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 2.0 support
Optical media: DVD-ROM drive

is this right? if so I should be all set

daneren2005
x2

Post by daneren2005 » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 18:14

I've got a question, are they still going to release it on CD in US. If so, does it have a different release date or is it going to be released at the same time?

MadBoris
x3

Post by MadBoris » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 19:28

daneren2005 wrote:I've got a question, are they still going to release it on CD in US. If so, does it have a different release date or is it going to be released at the same time?
Both CD and DVD at the same time by Enlight in US has been stated, but as to actual time of actual release, well that's what this thread is about.

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 21:38

Gogamer.com is showing an 10/31/05 as the ship date. EB games states an 11/03/05 release date. The GG is the DVD, and EB is the CD I think :)

DC

MadBoris
x3

Post by MadBoris » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 22:32

So two seperate shops I've checked in two seperate states said it was pushed back to November 8th release, that's a Teusday.

I was never one of the ones that believed October was closely possible so I would expect it would atleast hit the target of that week at this point, that is looking more solid.

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 23:56

Hmm...I hope that's not correct. Gogamer is still listing an October 31st as the ship date. Guess we will see Monday. If they send an email verifying the item has shipped, I will be sure to post it here. If not, guess either FEAR or COD2 will keep me occupied until it arrives :) . BTW, anyone know if anyone has any trade-logs available yet? Can't remember the website that use to carry an extensive trade-log site. Anyways...later...

DC

MadBoris
x3

Post by MadBoris » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 02:43

Dungeoncrawler wrote:Gogamer is still listing an October 31st as the ship date. Guess we will see Monday. If they send an email verifying the item has shipped, I will be sure to post it here.
GoGamer has been late all along, they have been the earliest incorrect date since X3 went Gold and have been the ones to change the date last to reflect it being pushed back. Legally, since Enlight is only allowing release on the 5th it would not be a good idea for them to ship prior to the 4th, legally speaking. But as mentioned, I think the 5th got pushed back to the 8th now.

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 02:51

I see. If they did push it back, will probably just order it from the UK site. It is shipping now from there :) . Wonder what the different dates are for? After all, if you live here in the US, you can still order it directly from another country. With the internet...normal country bounderies no longer apply. Ah well...worst case scenario, next week. In the mean time, I'll just hang out in one of the space dock bars :roll: .

DC

sq_paradox
x4

Post by sq_paradox » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 03:02

MadBoris wrote:GoGamer has been late all along, they have been the earliest incorrect date since X3 went Gold and have been the ones to change the date last to reflect it being pushed back. Legally, since Enlight is only allowing release on the 5th it would not be a good idea for them to ship prior to the 4th, legally speaking. But as mentioned, I think the 5th got pushed back to the 8th now.
If you had read this entire thread you would know that it was Enlight who arranged for Gogamer to get the DVD version earlier. You would also know that the DVD version they are getting is the Deepsilver UK version, not Enlight's version. And last but not least, you would know that Gogamer was supposed to have it Friday but that US customs held up their shipment.

I don't think it is as simple as the date being pushed back to the 8th. From what I can tell the Enlight will be releasing the game on November 4th or 5th, however since the 5th is a Saturday I really, really doubt any store will pay for it to be shipped to them for that day. Thus the will ship on Monday. As further evidence Amazon has the release date as November 5th, while Gamestop and many other such sites have the 8th. I think they are both right; although it is possible, however unlikely, that the sites with the 3rd as thier date may turn out to be right as that would put the game in stores on the 4th.

Moral of the story: Want it the fastest? Order from Gogamer.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 03:06

sq_paradox wrote:
MadBoris wrote:GoGamer has been late all along, they have been the earliest incorrect date since X3 went Gold and have been the ones to change the date last to reflect it being pushed back. Legally, since Enlight is only allowing release on the 5th it would not be a good idea for them to ship prior to the 4th, legally speaking. But as mentioned, I think the 5th got pushed back to the 8th now.
If you had read this entire thread you would know that it was Enlight who arranged for Gogamer to get the DVD version earlier. You would also know that the DVD version they are getting is the Deepsilver UK version, not Enlight's version. And last but not least, you would know that Gogamer was supposed to have it Friday but that US customs held up their shipment...
Thanks for saying that. And if you doubt sq_paradox just read the earlier parts of this thread.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

MadBoris
x3

Post by MadBoris » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 03:37

Galaxy613 wrote: If you had read this entire thread you would know that it was Enlight who arranged for Gogamer to get the DVD version earlier. You would also know that the DVD version they are getting is the Deepsilver UK version, not Enlight's version. And last but not least, you would know that Gogamer was supposed to have it Friday but that US customs held up their shipment...
Ok Ok, I've been focused on the Enlight release in the thread so I forgot about the UK DVD being held up. So I was incorrect about GoGamer release date, my confusion, but as far as the Nov. 8th, that still stands for the enlight release, which is the subject of the topic. Obviously my focus is the US release that will effect most people in the US who buy at local shops.

Gyre
x4

Post by Gyre » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 21:36

Well here is order status report from Gogamer:
Order Details

Order Number : 051026- *******
Date : 10-26-05
Order Total : $47.89

Order Process : Completed

Payment Process : Completed

Shipping Process : Completed , 10-31-05

...And today happens to be my birthday... Happy X3 day to all you Gogamers out there. We will be putting the Universe in a stanglehold starting tomarrow! :D

ThatGuyBob
x3tc

Post by ThatGuyBob » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 22:15

Yup. Just got my shipping notification and tracking number from GoGamer myself.

I've been dying to say this all week: W00T!

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 23:10

ThatGuyBob wrote:Yup. Just got my shipping notification and tracking number from GoGamer myself.

I've been dying to say this all week: W00T!
Did you get your tracking number via email? I still haven't got any emails from gogamer.com yet. Although it shows shipping process completed on my order page.

onewheeldoin200
x2

Post by onewheeldoin200 » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 01:50

Okay, that's it: go to hell EB Games, I'm ordering from GoGamer right now 8)

edit: awwww they're US only :(

*goes back to waiting helplessly*

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”