X3 - Can you move your own stations?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Clunge
x2

X3 - Can you move your own stations?

Post by Clunge » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 13:39

Hi All,

Cocked up and put two of my stations on top of each other - when you're up close you can hear them colliding and the sheilds are weakening!!

Anyhow's I need to move one or destroy one - anyone know if you can move them (tried Mammoth,s Orca's and Herules but none give you the option?

Help please....

Thanks

Apollo911
x3tc

Post by Apollo911 » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 14:47

There was meant to be a tug, but I dunno if it went the way of mining.
[ external image ]
From the darkness you must fall
Starting to mod? Watch my ship importing tutorial here here!

LanceCorp
x4

Post by LanceCorp » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 15:17

I have an idea. get that mammoth and ram the station. Never fails.

TGC
x3tc

Post by TGC » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 15:35

Yes you can move your own stations. You want to know how?

Two words

MASS DRIVER

Simply equip your ship with a mass driver, fire it up and then simply drag your station to a new location, easy!!!!

:twisted:

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 15:51

I keep telling you guys the Tugs are parked in the player HQ mining facilitties that are loacated in the only sector without a name that you can call your own :wink:

khawk
x3

Post by khawk » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 15:52

GGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!
So they skipped a new ship I was looking forward to own as well. This is frustrating. No Mobile mining yet, no tug ship, no M0's. GGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!! :evil: :evil:

Wishlist:
Please in X4, I want to have a planet destroying ship (Death Star?!)

MUCH, MUCH FRUSTRATION, SO MUCH THAT I AM GOING TO BUY THIS GAME TOMORROW! :lol:

Most confusing post I ever made!

Sagan
x4

Post by Sagan » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 16:23

thrangar wrote:I keep telling you guys the Tugs are parked in the player HQ mining facilitties that are loacated in the only sector without a name that you can call your own :wink:
:lol:

Wake up thranger, you fell asleep again, and started dreaming about X6... [ external image ] WAKE UP!! :roll:
I'd much rather regret the things I've done, than regret those I haven't.

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 17:18

Sagan wrote:
thrangar wrote:I keep telling you guys the Tugs are parked in the player HQ mining facilitties that are loacated in the only sector without a name that you can call your own :wink:
:lol:

Wake up thranger, you fell asleep again, and started dreaming about X6... [ external image ] WAKE UP!! :roll:

:o Huh .what, where ,who,when...ooohh X3 :oops: :D

embers

Post by embers » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 17:48

:lol: Which also has the station with the new BBS missions, and the special cockpit fitting service.

Trips
x3

Post by Trips » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 18:49

An official cockup service actually in the game is….. oh cockpit, sorry.
TMG – The home of the largest collection of B5 Canon Ship models on the net.
Unfortunately
<<< Links and Logo Removed By order of TAR and a Big Brush Company. >>>

Urashima Keitaro
x2

Post by Urashima Keitaro » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 21:37

TGC wrote:Yes you can move your own stations. You want to know how?

Two words

MASS DRIVER

Simply equip your ship with a mass driver, fire it up and then simply drag your station to a new location, easy!!!!

I thought another way to do it was with a few Hornet missiles. Tie them to the station and fire them at the nearest station security. Et voila, no more Boron. Oh... better spruce up the shields a bit. :D

You'll have to target them at the station first though, and then, just when the strings are close enough, quickly target them somewhere else. (Preferably a Boron trader.)

TGC
x3tc

Post by TGC » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 22:55

Urashima Keitaro wrote:

Two words

MASS DRIVER

I thought another way to do it was with a few Hornet missiles. Tie them to the station and fire them at the nearest station security. Et voila, no more Boron. Oh... better spruce up the shields a bit. :D

You'll have to target them at the station first though, and then, just when the strings are close enough, quickly target them somewhere else. (Preferably a Boron trader.)
Now you're just being silly!!!

The clue is in the name, MASS......DRIVER......

i.e a driver (maybe a tug) able move a large mass (your station)

Ignore the bit about ammo, thats just a translation error from German to English, it actually means Mass Driver Fuel, a unique product which produces a higher energy yield thus enabling the mass driver to move such large objects.

This information was brought to you by MoM. Everyone knows MoM is a noobs best friend :D

Urashima Keitaro
x2

Post by Urashima Keitaro » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 00:23

TGC wrote:
Urashima Keitaro wrote:

Two words

MASS DRIVER

Now you're just being silly!!!

The clue is in the name, MASS......DRIVER......

i.e a driver (maybe a tug) able move a large mass (your station)

Ignore the bit about ammo, thats just a translation error from German to English, it actually means Mass Driver Fuel, a unique product which produces a higher energy yield thus enabling the mass driver to move such large objects.

This information was brought to you by MoM. Everyone knows MoM is a noobs best friend :D
Being silly eh Corn? Watched Stargate series 4 recently? One of the episodes has Teal'c and O'Neil being flown into space by one of the Goa'uld Death Gliders. In fact, using the thrust of the two missiles they actually partially orbit Jupiter... I think it was Jupiter. So what if they ended up on a journey through the Oort cluster, and then got rescued by the To'kra?

Point. :P

Darkgalahad
x3

Post by Darkgalahad » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 02:58

Took me 6 hours to get the joke with the Mass Driver haha

Fleshrend
x3

Post by Fleshrend » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 05:46

I'm still yearning for a game where you can blow up solar systems... :cry:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”