X³ Canada watch here!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X_30002000
x4

Post by X_30002000 » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 23:01

Wow, just looked at amazon.ca X3 availability: delivery withn 4-6 weeks! That is a progress!!! I am glad I had canceled amazon.ca order and ordered it from UK last week.

geestring

Post by geestring » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 23:04

is eb getting more copies?
I want to return my copy soon for one that isnt messed

PainhammeR
x3tc

Post by PainhammeR » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 23:17

This what I asked Enlight in an email.
Any idea when more copies will be sent to Canada stores?

Any idea when the DVD release will be available in Canada?
and this is what they said
Dear Customer

Sorry for the problem caused. We had reported this issue to our leading official. And now we are trying to figure it out.

For more and other information, please contact: info@enlight.com. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Enlight Tech Team.
Another useless BS reply that does not help at all. They are like politicians. Saying nothing when saying something until it goes away. In other works, "bugger off, we don't give a crap".

Our only recourse is to buy it overseas, or wait until we see it in a retail store here. And then hope it works.
------------------------------
[ external image ]

Scallop
x3

Post by Scallop » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 23:17

has anyone found any new info on what is going on with the release. Enlight's page has had nothing new for days now... Also please post if you find some copies in stock anywhere....

Optik

Post by Optik » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 03:50

Does anyone have an estimate for the shipping time from the UK to Canada :?:

I realize I'm stating the obvious...but here i go: Given that the game has still not appeared on shelves here, Enlight must simply have forgottened about, or severely buggered up, Canadian distribution arrangements. Even at this date, I'm beginning to think I should bite the bullet and order from the UK.

Scallop
x3

Post by Scallop » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 05:31

The egosoft store said something like 5-7 business days. How close to accurate that is depends on Canada post, and which side you're on I guess... But if you have to try and use debit through pay pal like I would, then chances are you'll be waiting three weeks....

PainhammeR
x3tc

Post by PainhammeR » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 14:01

Still no gign here.

The clerk at EBGames said they usually get shipments on Mondays, so if we are lucky (good luck that is) we can see it today.

I kind of doubt it, the way Enlight has been handling this, but you never know.
[ external image ]

Fugazi
x3

Post by Fugazi » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 21:31

GameShack in Toronto has just received some copies!

I called them 10 minutes ago and reserved a copy and I am going down after work to pick it up. Anyone in the Toronto area that needs a copy should call them att: 416-351-7065.
Read. Understand. Post.
Pick any 2.

PainhammeR
x3tc

Post by PainhammeR » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 01:10

Well, I just picked one up from EBgames. They got one copy in today. Just one. Looks like it will be a trickle release. Too bad, because the clerk at EBGames said she got quite a few calls for it. Enlight is really cripling it's pre-christmas profits with this.

My best suggestion is to leave a $5 deposit for it at EBGames and hope one trickles in soon. Or else order it online and get it in a week or two.

First thing I did was to play both files I could not play with the original one I had. They both played fine. Installing now and will let you know how it goes.

Hoping beyond hope...
[ external image ]

PainhammeR
x3tc

Post by PainhammeR » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 01:32

HOLY CRAP it installed !!!!

Patching it now. I am still very very unimpressed with Enlight (and a little unimpressed with Egosoft for choosing Enlight) but my relief at just having the game is mighty high :wink:

Let you know how it performs/looks
[ external image ]

Fugazi
x3

Post by Fugazi » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 03:20

I picked up my copy a few hours ago from GameShack. They still have plenty of copies so if anyone in Toronto is still looking go there. They are in the Atrium on Bay (Dundas Subway Station). The game is selling for $39.99 CDN.
Read. Understand. Post.
Pick any 2.

Krytoss
x3

Post by Krytoss » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 06:00

im debating whether to go and get it - on one hand, im dubious with the amount of bugs.

on the other hand, it doesn't sound like it's going to be all that available after this first run.. i can't see a whole lot more of these getting shipped out.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 21:01

First off i apologise to anyone that hasn't gotten their copy in Canada yet.

Secondly after 17 days of waiting for the bloody Canada post to deliver, i FINALLY got it this morning!

So anyone from BC that orders from the UK this may well be the time frame your looking at for you to see yours delivered.

Now to go TRADE<>RUN<>BUILD<>THINK (never could fight)

Twelvefield
x3

Post by Twelvefield » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 22:41

I got my copy from the Coquitlam (BC) EB on Nov 18. I got the only copy.

Unfortunately, I have had just a little bit of time to play with the game, but it runs okay, and it looks hot.

One issue I've had to deal with is Civ 4... no problem purchasing, installing, and playing that game, and it's wickedly addictive to boot. So, if you are Canadian and you're looking for gaming goodness, I would suggest that Firaxis likes us Canucks more than Enlight/Egosoft.

Still, it's not like EB Canada is making massive money off of X3 -- I paid $35 CDN for it, and so far, I feel I have gotten my money's worth. If you are really pining for X3, I would say that the greatest challenge and thrill to this game is actually finding one for sale in Canada. After that, the rest of the game kind of pales in comparison. I don't mean this as a knock against X3, as it is entertaining, but more that like being able to actually buy the game should get me set up for an Order Of Canada award.

That, and seeing how current events have turned, I would gladly sell back my copy of X3 if it would mean that my beloved Lions would be in the Grey Cup this year!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”