Looking forward to 1.3 patch which is to be released either today or tomorrow!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Misinformed
x3tc

Post by Misinformed » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 15:56

It is lamentable the state of the release of X3, egosoft will put it right. In fact for support of product aftersales I would say that egosoft is second only to Bioware in my experience(at least outside of the mmorpg world, who require to keep people playing to make their money).
You havnt played Operation Flashpoint have you? :wink:

Codemasters = patch masters and the vast majority was additional content patches.
Last edited by Misinformed on Tue, 29. Nov 05, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

Da_Imp
x3tc

Post by Da_Imp » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 15:57

Bishop149 wrote:Notice whould appear to have been taken:

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 86#1279986
Well that was to be expected...

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 16:00

Mybig gripe about info reguarding patches,is with the vagueness of the info.

They say some new gameplay material will added with this patch.

How does that help me?

Will more starting options be added by this patch,if so why not tell me.

I can hold off and wait for the option I was told was going to be in the game.

If its not one of the listed additions I then can go on with what I am doing.

Cheers/Thrangar

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 16:16

thrangar wrote:Mybig gripe about info reguarding patches,is with the vagueness of the info.

They say some new gameplay material will added with this patch.

How does that help me?

Will more starting options be added by this patch,if so why not tell me.

I can hold off and wait for the option I was told was going to be in the game.

If its not one of the listed additions I then can go on with what I am doing.

Cheers/Thrangar
There is no point telling you what is in the patch as Egosoft do not know yet. If they said you are going to have laura Ashley curtains then everybody gets excited and then have a go when they are not included.

At least my kids dont ask "are we there yet " any more.

Hopefully Ego are reading this and rapidly writing the code for Laura Ashley curtains in the ships.

Dunners

techno-mole
x3tc

1.3 patch... ...

Post by techno-mole » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 16:36

Ive been waiting for the new patch for a while, makes no odds whether it comes out tomorrow or in a months time, the main reason for that is because my system is about to under go a major re fit, new main board and cpu, new agp card, more memory, although i would be happier if the patch came out sooner rather than later, the reason for that is because when i first installed the game on my pc it wouldnt run, it ran alot better with the patches that were available, so theres a chance it will run well enough for me to play it until i upgrade.
People should just let egosoft do their stuff, does it really matter if its a week late with a patch ? as long as the patch does what it says it will ?
ive been playing x 2 for a while now, ive installed all the patches and bonus stuff, and all that runs well and looks good, but it took time ill bet, its like wine, gets better with time, so if the egosoft people have less pressure put on them surely we all get a better game ? and as some one said, they dont have to patch the problems in the game free of charge :)
Patience is a virtue.

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 17:57

carran wrote:Let me see, first patch released the same day as X3, second patch 2 weeks later and a third currently undergoing test... Pretty poor support from a vendor who is under NO obligation to provide any wouldn't you agree?

Yet you're happy to use an OS which is full of bugs and exploits without throwing your teddy out the cot and returning your legally purchased Windows CD's to the vendor? I assume you DID buy a licence to use Windows...
That is because the game was bugged to hell, no content was added, content from x2 was even removed or disabled, yeah, i'd say good support, hey why wont you foolish peopel realize that when i came comes out if its patched 3 times in the first month, thats not a good sign fool!
Read the definition of "Patch"
TO FIX.

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 18:08

dlryan wrote:
carran wrote:Let me see, first patch released the same day as X3, second patch 2 weeks later and a third currently undergoing test... Pretty poor support from a vendor who is under NO obligation to provide any wouldn't you agree?

Yet you're happy to use an OS which is full of bugs and exploits without throwing your teddy out the cot and returning your legally purchased Windows CD's to the vendor? I assume you DID buy a licence to use Windows...
That is because the game was bugged to hell, no content was added, content from x2 was even removed or disabled, yeah, i'd say good support, hey why wont you foolish peopel realize that when i came comes out if its patched 3 times in the first month, thats not a good sign fool!
Read the definition of "Patch"
TO FIX.
Oh please...

every game needs at least three patches when it comes out.....we got ours in the first month! That just shows they are'nt taking a break when the game is released, but keep working on it.
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)
Have Scanner-Will Travel(X2)
WetWare's Ship Tweaks(X2)

tphater
x3tc

Post by tphater » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 18:24

thats not a good sign fool!
Calm down.We all know what a patch is.No need for insults.
I am the one and only,the indestructible,fear me,cause i have a raging dragon and i'm not affraid to use it!
PAIN,SUFFERING,DEATH,it's all coming!
Terror feeds me,power flows through me,death is my ally!
Join me!
DIE!!!

Chestnut Stallion
x3

Post by Chestnut Stallion » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 18:29

The orginal poster is both scarcastic and annoying.

Dont worry.. the patch will be out when its done.. I'd rather it be unlike the release.. finished and not rushed.

Valkenswaard
x3tc

Post by Valkenswaard » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 18:39

Misinformed wrote: You havnt played Operation Flashpoint have you? :wink:

Codemasters = patch masters and the vast majority was additional content patches.
Well at least it was playable, unlike other games I might know :wink:

greets
Valken
Gods last name is not dammit!

"Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores, burning with
the fires of Orc"
...quote from Blade Runner...

literary allusion to Blake's 'America, A Prophecy'

Wee_Mee
x3

patchs

Post by Wee_Mee » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 19:02

Well i have just uninstalled my x3 for the time being not enjoying at all so gone back to x2 and i having a fair bit of fun. :o

But things that get me about this game (x3) is why o why dont they tell us day in and day out what is going on .I meen in that time people would be with them all the way and you would stop all the bad feeling.

For me personaly i think they are enjoying reading posts with us up set because if i had seen them posts i be like omg we shuld start to give them more updates on whats going on or we wight lose a fair amount of customers here !!!!!!

This isnt a rant just exsplaining what i am seeing around the forums. The game is good in idea but hasnt managed to grab me yet mabye when it has the options x2 has by 1.4 and all the signed content is added then i be happy you might say this is greedy of me i say no why this game is ment to be more the x2 not lacking.

"enuff said now its your turn"

Lord KiRon
x3

Post by Lord KiRon » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 19:18

Chestnut Stallion wrote:T
Dont worry.. the patch will be out when its done..
Whe patch is out of there ... :roll:

Really after playing "Parkan 2" (russian made kind of X2 game - well at least it was supposed to be this way) and usin KiSS DivX players (- not working properly after year from release and each new patch add even more bugs)

I kind of thinking EgoSoft works good and promptly, on another hand I have to agree - game was rashed and all the problems we have are results of that rushing.
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz HT , 2x512MB OCZ 2.5 dualchannel RAM 3200 (400Mhz),
800Mhz BUS, Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo
Gigabyte 6800GT 256MB ,
Windows XP SP2 , 81.85 Detonators
10,000 RPM SATA WD Raptor HD,
Creative Audigy 2 Pro.

rico01
x3

Post by rico01 » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 19:20

Interesting...

Personally I'd rather have the devs working on the patch than feeding complainers useless info.

HadleysHope
x3

Post by HadleysHope » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 19:21

good point.

rico01
x3

Post by rico01 » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 19:26

It's not like the patch or whatever is going to be finished EARLIER just because we get a date from anyone. If it is released in 3 weeks without any announcement it will hardly be either earlier or later than if a date was set (given of course the patch was released on date).

You'll have to wait the same amount of time regardless.

Veles343
x3

Post by Veles343 » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 19:36

Be lucky you have any patches at all, egosoft are a german company and german games companies are notorious for not releasing any patches at all. I think they've done a pretty good job. But then again I'm not really having any problems with the game.

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 20:29

rico01 wrote:It's not like the patch or whatever is going to be finished EARLIER just because we get a date from anyone. If it is released in 3 weeks without any announcement it will hardly be either earlier or later than if a date was set (given of course the patch was released on date).

You'll have to wait the same amount of time regardless.
True, but.....hmmm....

Maybe if we all whined at the same time, in harmony, the vibrations would rattle the earth so much that the code for the patch would just fall into place, and we can get the patch early?
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)
Have Scanner-Will Travel(X2)
WetWare's Ship Tweaks(X2)

EsGi
x3

Post by EsGi » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 20:45

Earlier = less testing, more pressure on devs, more bugs, less implemented features
Later = more testing, lots of pressure on devs, less bugs, more implemented features.
They're your options. People should pick one and relax. High blood pressure kills.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 20:57

Bishop149 wrote:If Egosoft wasn't going to be able to (or unsure if they could) hit a release date for the patch then they shouldn't have given one at all (I know that would cause endless moaning from the forum but sod us! :D )
Two words ... sod's law!

Software development is not an exact science and estimates are always subject to historical data/experience. But even the best software delivery estimate can be foiled by unexpected problems. So please everyone, give the guys at egosoft a break!
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

vogelap
x3

Post by vogelap » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 21:05

WetWarev7 wrote:Maybe if we all whined at the same time, in harmony, the vibrations would rattle the earth so much that the code for the patch would just fall into place, and we can get the patch early?
If that were possible, we could all whine at the same time and the code would be PERFECT in the first place, no patch needed!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”