Fog lights and wing mirrors

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PBrghtwll
x3

Fog lights and wing mirrors

Post by PBrghtwll » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 20:57

Does anyone else think that X3 could really benefit from fog lights that could be fitted to space ships - when going through misty sectors. Wing mirrors would also be a nice feature so you could see whats coming up behind you!

It would also be amusing if we had the RBAC (Royal Boron Automobile Club) or the AAA (Argon Automobile Association) in the universe coming out to fix ships that got a flat.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 21:04

A nice idea but instead of adding more to the cpu/mem load I would prefer to get rid of these nemulae.

I do not like them anyway. You can see the stars but not the roid 5Km in front of you.

Cheers Euclid

RagX

Post by RagX » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 21:05

I can imagine heavy-nebulae sectors will be adjusted for the heavy-nebulae look of no stars but all thick and mucky nebula :)

Decun2001
x3

Post by Decun2001 » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 21:07

I want Nebula's that were like Freespace 2! Where you see lightening shooting thorugh them every so often =P

RagX

Post by RagX » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 21:09

Decun2001 wrote:I want Nebula's that were like Freespace 2! Where you see lightening shooting thorugh them every so often =P
The thick nebulae look most likely will come soon :) the lighning thing, I doubt it, since it'll be an effect that may be considered weaponbased in origin to the AI :/

Twelvefield
x3

Post by Twelvefield » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 21:18

When I purchased a triplex scanner, I found that I could track a lot more ships coming and going. One of them, around Bad Debt, was labelled "Emergency Assistance Craft" or some such thing, so your space tow trucks do exist as civilian craft. They just don't do anything other than fly around like the other AI craft. There's also taxis and hearses, that I recall seeing.

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 21:19

split interior designer :D
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 21:23

I swear the fog in Great Reef is even thicker now.

I literally ran into the equipment dock in my TL and did 35% hull damage, I physically could not SEE the equipment dock, even though it's only about 1.5 km's from the bridge to the bow of the ship.

I'm usually good at flying by instruments, but the only visible indicator was the green pip, and the station brackets, the docking lights nor station were visible, so I couldn't orientate my approach path, and hit it end-on, since I was flying toward the pip, but approaching from the side unknowingly

PBrghtwll
x3

Post by PBrghtwll » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 21:25

Perhaps a horn that you could beep would also be handy!

PBrghtwll
x3

Post by PBrghtwll » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 21:26

Oh - forgot - in space no-one can hear you beep!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 22:23

Mirrors are nothing - you have a rear cocpit on Nova ;) And foglights.. huh should be nice.. Yet fog sectors should be finally fixed - I hate seeng stars and planets but missing stations.. Yet even that sometimes looks nice..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”