The first bloody mission?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

daneren2005
x2

The first bloody mission?

Post by daneren2005 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 07:05

So, how do you start the first bloody mission? It says to grab a patrol and go south and west (?, I went to the correct systems, just don't remember what they were). I did that, nothing happened. Came back to were I started flew around a bunch, went back and forth to and from my destination a few times. Nothing keeps on happening, any hints on what I'm doing wrong, because I don't even see the patrol I'm suppose to be leading on my map.

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 07:39

Actually, the missions is going to Cloudbase southwest. The mission starts in home of light. Just go through the southgate from Argon Prime and the mission will start. You will get patrol info your the gamma flight leader.

Shokai
I miss Yaguchi Mari

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 08:44

You actually have to fly within a certain range of the patrol to trigger the mission, I think--look for the flight leader in Home of Light (sector south of AP) and fly toward him.

BigVern
x3tc

Post by BigVern » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 09:30

You might even have to select and comm Gamma Leader to trigger the mission start. The briefing is a bit obscure as to what you really have to do though.
Three Time Beagle Point Veteran

Sixhitter
x3

Post by Sixhitter » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 11:04

goto home of light. Target the squad leader. Hit auto pilot then the mission starts when u get close to him

Hope U think the mission is worth it after all the aggro :lol:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 14:15

When you go into Home of Light, you will auto-target the wing leader. Hit autopilot to go close to him and the mission will start. After each combat, I retargetted and autopiloted again, so the wing leader actually leads the whole squad, including me.

Your not there to lead the mission, just go on it.

daneren2005
x2

Post by daneren2005 » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 00:18

ok, I'll try that, because I know I was going to the right sectors, and I was starting from Home of Light and going to CloudBase Southwest, I just didn't remember what it was called when I wrote this. I should do just fine now that I know the name of the patrol that I should look for.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”