Strange Occurrances!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Carl Sumner
x4

Strange Occurrances!

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:20

I saw a Teladi Destroyer in Siezewell hit an asteroid and blow up! I've never seen that before, in X2 or X3. :o

A Kha'ak fleet appeared in Cloudbase Southeast and blew up two stations! A Kha'ak Carrier, a Destroyer and three clusters. :o

We took the clusters out, but what do I do about the Carrier and Destroyer?!!! I only have a captured pirate Nova... :wink:

Running X3 V1.3, no scripts or mods (yet).

Anyone else have other Strange Occurrances? :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

RagX

Post by RagX » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:30

dont get me started on how many Orcas the Borons lose in Kingdon End thanks to those stupid mini-roids...

I've actually had to use LV's Cheat Scripts to keep replacing the dammed losses EVERY TIME I'm in-sector.

Egosoft, get rid of those "sector enhancements" next patch for good. Not even community-created "less roids" mods help with this shenanigan

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:30

Check out my story: http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=. This happened to me today, and I am still unsure why it happened. Still, they got what they asked for :roll:.
Edit:Thanks, didn't notice that :)
Last edited by bendyspex on Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:32

yer have seen this happen to.
My advise to you is do what I did get the bloody hell out of there theres not much you can do in a nova. :lol:

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:34

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:42

Nice tale bendyspex but why didn't you eject just before the colision would have been fun to go throu a jump gate in your suite :lol:

JonR
x3

Post by JonR » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:48

Ive got some different strange things:

1) WHen I was flying past a roid in my new free mamba, the whole roid lit up bright blue :?

2) I once looked at the landed ships in an argon station and there were 3 Ms and a L :? :?

3) I was scanned by police in teladi space and they were polite to me :? :? :? .................................... :wink:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=116904 ... a guide/review of M3s

Your shields in perspective ... be scared
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... ht=shields

Iron Giant
x3

Post by Iron Giant » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:51

JonR wrote: 2) I once looked at the landed ships in an argon station and there were 3 Ms and a L :? :?
Hey! That happened to me too. Xenons landed at a station, then they launched and attacked me when I left the station..

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:55

soleseacher wrote:My advise to you is do what I did get the bloody hell out of there theres not much you can do in a nova. :lol:
Yeah, I thought so too. :roll:

I think everyone knows about the war between the Argon and Boron that was fixed in V1.3. I bought a Wheat Farm and moved it to Kingdoms End in a hired Argon TL. This was before V1.3. When I finished placing the station the Boron jumped the TL, and it did not get back to Three Worlds. I thought it was highly unfair! :o
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:59

Iron Giant wrote:
JonR wrote: 2) I once looked at the landed ships in an argon station and there were 3 Ms and a L :? :?
Hey! That happened to me too. Xenons landed at a station, then they launched and attacked me when I left the station..
An Argon station? That sounds strange! I would believe it of a Teladi station though. :roll:
RagX wrote:dont get me started on how many Orcas the Borons lose in Kingdon End thanks to those stupid mini-roids...
The mini-asteroids don't seem to cause collisions, they are just ghosts. But I think there are more real asteroids, too. It does seem a bit much. 8)
JonR wrote:3) I was scanned by police in teladi space and they were polite to me :? :? :? .................................... :wink:
I was scanned by Paranid in Empires Edge and they were polite to me! :o
But then I went next door to Paranid Prime and got scanned again, and they said I should "leave the sector". :cry:
Last edited by Carl Sumner on Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Tinker

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:05

I think everyone knows about the war between the Argon and Boron that was fixed in V1.3. I bought a Wheat Farm and moved it to Kingdoms End in a hired Argon TL. This was before V1.3. When I finished placing the station the Boron jumped the TL, and it did not get back to Three Worlds. I thought it was highly unfair!
Yer right carl tend to agree HATE! those fish fased little b@*@$*ds anyway
:lol:
Guess what my standing is with them in my game at the mo
Enemy of the Kingdom :twisted:
probably becouse I,ve made most of my money off there ships :rofl:
well in with the teladi and split thou :wink:
will wipe those smelly little fish out soon :lol:

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:12

Carl,

Got the same thing in Elena's Fortune in my game. Manage to take out the Carrier with my Dragon's rear turret pot shots, but got blown up by the destroyer every time. I never got close enough to scan it, as my fully kitted Dragon got evaporated within seconds, but I think the Carrier may have B-Kyon while the destroyer has G-Kyon?

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:18

VincentTH wrote:Carl,

Got the same thing in Elena's Fortune in my game. Manage to take out the Carrier with my Dragon's rear turret pot shots, but got blown up by the destroyer every time. I never got close enough to scan it, as my fully kitted Dragon got evaporated within seconds, but I think the Carrier may have B-Kyon while the destroyer has G-Kyon?
Don't know. But, I'm not going near those things! :(
Tinker

Flipside72
x3

Post by Flipside72 » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:20

I was having a discussion with Ban Danna while Argon One was happily firing on a bunch of Boron ships for no apparent reason, maybe they bounced or something.

RagX

Post by RagX » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:21

Carl Sumner wrote:
VincentTH wrote:Carl,

Don't know. But, I'm not going near those things! :(
no duh :D :lol:

dawdler
x3

Post by dawdler » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 23:10

I've seen a Boron Orca court an asteroid. It danced around it like it was trying to impressive it, showing of its imposing hull.

It was actually rather beatifull in a wierd sort of way.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 02:06

Can confirm Xenons docked at Boron and Argon stations. I really don't know what is going on. Read a BBS news about some stations owners doing deals with Pirates. Maybe there are others having an agreement with Xenons.

Concering the Kha'ak capital ships - fire a Hammerhead (unknown object). One hit and every cap ship is toast. Probably the most powerful missile in the game.

I'm not sure a Nova can mount them, though.

Cheers Euclid

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 02:14

Oh, did not know the Hammerhead can do that, but I am sure my Nova can mount and launch one.

I will be keeping Unknown Objects in my Nova from now on....

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 02:16

Here's my Mysterious occurance- A Khaak Fleet of 1 destroyer, 1 Carrier and 5 Clusters has been sitting in Rolks drift for 1 game day now. They aren't attacking anything they're just sitting there. Well, unless i enter the sector that is. Then they go nuts. So for the meantime i'm avoiding the place and letting them sit there idle until i'm rich enough to do something about them. Of course that will be a LONG time.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 19:03

VincentTH wrote:Oh, did not know the Hammerhead can do that, but I am sure my Nova can mount and launch one.

I will be keeping Unknown Objects in my Nova from now on....
"Unknown Object" just means you don't know what it is. It could be several things. You can get an idea of what by the price they list in Equipment docks, and by whether you can equip it in a slot in your ship.
Nyax wrote: They aren't attacking anything they're just sitting there. Well, unless i enter the sector that is. Then they go nuts.
What if one of your cargo ships goes in there? I guess I should stay out for a while. :cry:
Tinker

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”