capping and ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

buzz_aldrine

capping and ships

Post by buzz_aldrine » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:06

If we are flying larger ship like m6 - do you think that capping is easier? I cap almost every transport - but the most profitable ships are m3 - and during dogfight it's not so easy to capture one.

I read that somebody captured nova raider flying m6 in strange way - that nova got still active shields when pilot bailed.

I spotted only one non-argon nova raider and I also captured this ship (perfect fighter) - so maybe raiders are easier to cap?

But maybe larger ships indeed could frighten smaller ships?[/i]

RagX

Post by RagX » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:11

it can be a possible 3 things that induce pilots to bail:

1. His ship turning into slag metal with him in it. Sometimes, weak but rapid-firing shots rattle his ship hard, making him panic and bail more often. I've seen IRE's cap more this way, on occasion

2. Bigger ship hitting him. He'd panic if he's the only one left against a big bad ship (that you are in) and he's under heavy fire

3. repeated coms for him to surrender. I'd think he'd listen ;)

Oh and the pilot's "tolerance to bail" seems to be random. At times that little M5 just wont want to be capped, whilst that Nova Raider you so want will bail as soon as his shields take a beating.

buzz_aldrine

Post by buzz_aldrine » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:27

RagX wrote:it can be a possible 3 things that induce pilots to bail:

1. His ship turning into slag metal with him in it. Sometimes, weak but rapid-firing shots rattle his ship hard, making him panic and bail more often. I've seen IRE's cap more this way, on occasion

2. Bigger ship hitting him. He'd panic if he's the only one left against a big bad ship (that you are in) and he's under heavy fire

3. repeated coms for him to surrender. I'd think he'd listen ;)

Oh and the pilot's "tolerance to bail" seems to be random. At times that little M5 just wont want to be capped, whilst that Nova Raider you so want will bail as soon as his shields take a beating.
hmmm...I wrote my tactic some posts ago - I spotted that I have to remove his shield exactly in the moment when he turns red and next I have to damage about 20% hull very quickly but not in 1-2 shots.

He always jump out. But it's good only for transport ships and only few m3 don't change their way after first shots.

I have never used this way with repeated comms. Does it really works??

I also spotted that some pilots would better die than give up the ship.

And about the bigger ship - is this matter of "ship" or "firepower" - becuase I suppose that my nove has bigger firepower than m6

RagX

Post by RagX » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:29

Honestly, those factors I've mention are moot if capturing is completely random (pilot's tolerance level to bail)

So just go out there and kill. If you cap some, lucky you :)

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:30

The game code has a lot of random number generators, so what happens one time might not happen another time. Sometimes the pilots get pretty stubborn. 8)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”