Pulsed Beam Emitter

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pcorn
x3

Pulsed Beam Emitter

Post by Pcorn » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 21:53

Hi all.

I capped a Xenon L with about 61% hull and decided to renovate it as maxed out it was marginally faster than my Nova. I decided to equip it with PBEs as they seem rated higher than HEPTs. My rep still isn't high enough for BPBEs and I've only been able to buy 4 APBEs.

Anyways, I am not impressed by their performance. The range sucked - only 1.5 clicks compared to the HEPTs 2.5 - and I really laboured to take out a Xenon M which I would normally chop up with just 4 AHEPTs.

So what gives? Are PBEs superior to HEPTs? Are the Beta PBEs a big improvement over AHEPTs?

I can't remember off the top of my head, but in X3 is the Xenon L able to take BHEPTs? You can only carry six, and I'm aware the recharge rate on the L is a lot slower than on the Nova, but surely 4 BHEPTs would be enough?

Anyone? :?

Flipside72
x3

Post by Flipside72 » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:10

I find they are useful on turrets for missile defence, but pretty much pointless for anything else personally.

RagX

Post by RagX » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:14

some mods down at the Script And Modding section offer PBE/Flak adjustments so they actually are as effective as they sound.

Oh and its a nasty trick to equip your wingmen with these things. Once you do, they'll NEVER miss, and so kill lots faster than with normal weapon loadouts. Pity not many ships can equip PBE's... :roll: then again you could always make it so they could...

Pcorn
x3

Post by Pcorn » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:16

Thanks for that, sounds like I'll sell them on and try the ship with HEPTs instead. Failing that, PACs and I'll set it to protect my Sillicon Mine in Ore Belt. ^_^

x2newbie1
x3

Re: Pulsed Beam Emitter

Post by x2newbie1 » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 06:11

Pcorn wrote: My rep still isn't high enough for BPBEs and I've only been able to buy 4 APBEs.

Anyways, I am not impressed by their performance. The range sucked - only 1.5 clicks compared to the HEPTs 2.5 - and I really laboured to take out a Xenon M which I would normally chop up with just 4 AHEPTs.
Yep, APBEs sux big time. I tried them out once and put them away. Poor range plus poor damage = useless

TheHolyLancer

Post by TheHolyLancer » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 06:46

heh i love PBEs, they do great at capping, if you know how to control the burst length...... (too long and go past 50% and too short don't to enough to even break the shieeld...) my split mamba is armed with 4 BPBE and 2 APBE with 2 MDs and this is a rocking ship for capping w/e (now i jsut goto find out where the heck are them pirate mamba raiders....)
I7-3610QM
Radeon 7970M
16 GB DDR3

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 07:21

TheHolyLancer wrote:heh i love PBEs, they do great at capping, if you know how to control the burst length...... (too long and go past 50% and too short don't to enough to even break the shieeld...) my split mamba is armed with 4 BPBE and 2 APBE with 2 MDs and this is a rocking ship for capping w/e (now i jsut goto find out where the heck are them pirate mamba raiders....)
Another vote, I'm sticking with my Raijin Raider (best M4 IMHO) and 4 BPACs and 2 Alpha PBEs are a Nova killing combo.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”