System Override Software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Z0diac
x3

System Override Software

Post by Z0diac » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 15:07

I bought a System Override Software upgrade from the pie-rats in Brennan's triumph, but I can't get the thing to work, or rather, don't even know how it works.

Do I target the enemy and just fire like normal? (Like a passive bonus to the chance of capturing the ship)

Do I need to activate it within a certain range?

Is it meant for a specific mission?

Or is it simply broken, like Mobile Mining was?
Signatures are for the wicked.

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 15:29

The System Override Software is an illegal device that allows you to claim abandoned ships from the comfort of your cockpit. To Use: a) Shoot ship until pilot bails. b) Shoot his buddies until they bail or die. c) Target abandoned ship and get really close. d) Bring up Target Info menu and the Claim icon will be available, as if you had done the spacewalk.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Z0diac
x3

Post by Z0diac » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 16:57

Argh... Hadnt tried that one yet...

Bah, pretty useless then :) Thanks for the info.
Signatures are for the wicked.

Jolly_Roger_uk
x3

Post by Jolly_Roger_uk » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 17:02

The only real use for it is that you don't need to leave your ship to claim another ship, could be useful in a enemy rich sector when leaving your ship could be very, very bad, even if only for a short space of time.

Note its also illegal too, so if you get scanned by the local cops you may lose cred for having it.

JonR
x3

Post by JonR » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 17:21

TBH its not worth 500k, 50 at most. And in an enemy rich sector then there will always be some wise guy who decides to attack not the threat (THATS YOU... except you ... you know who you are ... :wink: ) but his property (thats the ship you just claimed as you didnt have to exit your ship). So its fairly useless for that too. I also can see why its illegal as, I am only aware of it working on abandoned ships. What do they have against scrap merchants/2nd hand ship dealers?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=116904 ... a guide/review of M3s

Your shields in perspective ... be scared
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... ht=shields

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 17:39

JonR wrote:TBH its not worth 500k, 50 at most. And in an enemy rich sector then there will always be some wise guy who decides to attack not the threat (THATS YOU... except you ... you know who you are ... :wink: ) but his property (thats the ship you just claimed as you didnt have to exit your ship). So its fairly useless for that too. I also can see why its illegal as, I am only aware of it working on abandoned ships. What do they have against scrap merchants/2nd hand ship dealers?
Personally, I think its worth it once you've capped 500k worth of ships! Least you have your money back.

mdrailer
x3

Post by mdrailer » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 18:16

If you get scanned and have it installed. What do the race that scanned you do? Just wondering if they ignore it like they do the Cargo life support system or do they react differently

JonR
x3

Post by JonR » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 21:34

They scan, and say your carrying illegal freight - drop it or else - you loose rank
I said drop it or I will open fire (squeaks the guy in the M5 :D )
You drop it and loose 500k
You jump out before he gets to open fire
You let him turn red but then comm and apologise for firing ... :?
You let him turn red then swat the lil' bugger
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=116904 ... a guide/review of M3s

Your shields in perspective ... be scared
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... ht=shields

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”