Wow where has X been my whole life?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

koihoshi
x3

Post by koihoshi » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 05:03

I honestly had never heard of the X series till 2 days ago when I bought X3.

I have been looking for an extensive and amazing RPG/Simulator/Action game for AGES and the ONLY thing to suffice so far has been Morrowind due to the ability to pretty much go anywhere, then there was freelancer and then I saw this game and have been playing it and it has SO MUCH substance to it, it's AMAZING! How come there isn't any advertising for this game, I mean the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is amazing and yeah its really hard to pick up on at first but when you get the hang of how this works its just insane!

X3 owns me. Just had to say it.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 05:06

if you can try and keep out the forum till you are well into it.

its a game of discovery and if you like that a lot of it can be spoiled floating round this forum.

welcome

koihoshi
x3

Post by koihoshi » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 05:09

I'm reading newbie guides, staying away of a lot of the threads involving what appear to be storyline stuff. Just reading on making profit and such for now.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 05:10

fairplay to you :wink:

ive been playing every day since release, about 3 months and havent enen played the plot side of it yet

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 05:37

The X-Series has suffered from lack of advertising a fair amount. Word of mouth helps, tell a friend :wink:

Welcome to X and the board. (And not the X that people normally get confused thinking this is, aka mutants.)
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

yeebok
x3

Hehe and welcome

Post by yeebok » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 06:44

I must admit I was in pretty much the same boat until a couple of months back when I saw X2 as a cheapie and grabbed it thinking "hmm.." not heard of either.

Suffice to say within 2 months I'd finished X2 with 2xM1 ships and about 30 stations and quite a fleet, so it got played lotsa.

Then well X3 (to me) in many areas lays X2 to waste (and vice versa in a couple of areas too IMHO) - I think if I didn't have to turn the PC off and go to bed for work I'd be in front of it 24/7. I managed some 13 hours on Monday in 2 sessions so yeah I'm obsessed too .. welcome to the club :)

I do agree with what some have said, don't read too far into these forums if you don't want to learn something you may prefer to find out. Most people do use the 'spolier' tags, but what is a spoiler to you may not be one to someone else :)
Setup: Quad Q9550/2.8Ghz, 4Gb low latency RAM, 8800GTX/768, 24"widescreen 5x500Gb SATA2s, Win7.

koihoshi
x3

Post by koihoshi » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 08:51

So far the only thing i've read was the "P?" capture thread and the newbie guide. So I don't understand most of whats going on, but tomorrow i have a day off so i'll spend a lot of it eating pizza and checking this game out :)

Nhaixat
x3

Post by Nhaixat » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 09:21

A friend at work told me about this game, after a while I also bought the game and now were practicly talking about it every day XD there's so much to learn and so much to discover!

NogginTheNog
x3

Post by NogginTheNog » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 09:42

...and now you won't have a life because you'll be too busy playing this like the rest of us!

Cheers

Noggin

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 13:25

im in the same boat here. a friend at work had been telling me about x2 for a year. when he herd x3 was comming out i was like ok ill pick it up and see just what the fuss is about. needless to say im futher into it than he is.

:lol:
in fact if i say preist pity he doesnt know what im talking about. :o
Those Damn alien bastards are gonna pay for blowing up my ride!
--Duke Nukem 3D

antman112
x4

Post by antman112 » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 15:04

wellcom to the X-Universe

if you dont what to have all the messing up of your game that this forum can bring then i sergest you vist us at FACTS (in the sig) if you have and Q's or just what to find out something

you can pick up a lot in FACTS and we relly like new mebers

everyone is wellcom
http://facts-x2.net/
sorry of any spelling mistakes

Sharktooth
x3

Post by Sharktooth » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 15:13

Aro wrote:The X-Series has suffered from lack of advertising a fair amount. Word of mouth helps, tell a friend :wink:

Welcome to X and the board. (And not the X that people normally get confused thinking this is, aka mutants.)
Guess who's back, Back again, Shadys back, Tell a friend, yeah not much advertising, i think it for similar reasons to Better Than Life in Red Dwarf, its so addictive, if everyone knew about it and is playing it without sleeping/ and or having a social life and possibly eating, the economy of the country would come crashing down for many reasons beginning with people not going to work. I haven't played the game for two weeks as my pc has burnt out and waiting on a new motherboard and fixing of the system, its testing but I have a lof of study to do at the mo and have great friends at the local bar, hic! scuse me, miss, coming though to teh bar....hic! another pint, pleez...
Time to get SPACED OUT!

2.93gHz processor, XFX 6800GS AGP 256-bit, 2 GB RAM, 19' TFT monitor

antman112
x4

Post by antman112 » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 15:16

sometimes i walk down the street thinking where is the billbord for X3
or the shop window poster
or the advert on TV

it should be this big

it deffanty good enfo
sorry of any spelling mistakes

Tainos
x3

Post by Tainos » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 15:18

The other way arround:

Where has been my life since I know the X series?

Playing it since the first X.
MAC 27",4.0 GHz Intel Core i7

koihoshi
x3

Post by koihoshi » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 19:40

Tainos wrote:The other way arround:

LOL yesterday it felt like i played it for like an hour and it was more like 5.

FlyingElvis
x4

Post by FlyingElvis » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 22:08

koihoshi wrote:
Tainos wrote:The other way arround:

LOL yesterday it felt like i played it for like an hour and it was more like 5.
Just one more trade run! :D

incrediblerog
x3

Post by incrediblerog » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 22:30

i bought my first TL a herc named after the small rouge one at 2:50 am last night, 'just gonna take it for a quick spin to CBSE for some toy's' i thought! next thing i know it's 4am :shock: had to be up at 6 for work! :o

absolutely shattered right now, but the upside is i'll have my fully loaded hercules to play with when i go home tomorrow :D

APPC's anyone!

koihoshi
x3

Post by koihoshi » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 00:21

LOL it's insane how this game can do that, man it's addicting!

I had to rip myself away from it to go wash my ninja and take it for a spin, i was actually having a HARD TIME deciding between the two and thats RARE.

Sitting there with my helmet going "Ninja... or.... x3, ninja? orrrr x3.... wash the bike and get a coffee... orrrr x3...." i gave in, rode the bike and promised myself i'd play it when i got back :lol:

Tainos
x3

Post by Tainos » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 08:55

koihoshi wrote:LOL it's insane how this game can do that, man it's addicting!

I had to rip myself away from it to go wash my ninja and take it for a spin, i was actually having a HARD TIME deciding between the two and thats RARE.

Sitting there with my helmet going "Ninja... or.... x3, ninja? orrrr x3.... wash the bike and get a coffee... orrrr x3...." i gave in, rode the bike and promised myself i'd play it when i got back :lol:
Yepp, I will have some hard decisions next summer too. Riding my Harley or playing X3? Sunshine, Leathercloths, cool ride or cool drink and X3?
MAC 27",4.0 GHz Intel Core i7

homeless
x3tc

Post by homeless » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 09:12

It's almost like being 15 again and discovering Elite for the first time.

Almost.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”