A complex booboo

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Devor
x4

A complex booboo

Post by Devor » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 20:59

I have gone back and audited some of my early complexes and found a major problem with one of them.

The complex in question was one of the first I built and it contains:-

1x Ore Mine L
1x Silicon Mine L
1x Hub

I must have dropped the silicon mine on the wrong roid during construction as I would not have picked a roid that gives a cycle time of 40 mins. :o :shock: :cry:

I want to connect a new silicon mine to the complex on the correct roid. What effect will this silicon mine have on the cycle time for the complex. :?

If I destroy the hub will I get the two mining stations back as seperate stations or will the lot go.

Is there a way to dismantle a complex perhaps with a TL.

I would like to keep this silicon station and use it as a garage/warehouse.

Any advise. :)

Thanks Devor

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 21:48

Adding a new silicon mine will increase the overall production capacity of the complex. I believe that if you shoot the connecting tube between the misplaced silicon mine and the rest of the fab that you will free it up to use as a solo silicon/ship garage, but not if the hub is conected to it - I'm not sure what would happen if you did that!

All I can suggest is that you spend a few minutes experimenting - with a nice, new Savegame for backup!

Good luck!
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Devor
x4

Post by Devor » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 22:02

Thanks softweir for your responce. :)

Time to go experimenting.

hiryu
x3

Post by hiryu » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 23:05

...And please report back here with your findings - this will help many, many people :)

Diesel309
x3

Post by Diesel309 » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 23:13

If you blow the hub it only destroys the hub and tubes not the factories/mines. I had to do this after making a mess myself.

That was in 1.21 but I imagine it is the same in 1.4

Stevo Primus
x3tc

Post by Stevo Primus » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 23:20

Or, if you don't mind using scripts....

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=120842

This script will allow you to load the the complex hub onto a TL, then remove the mine from the duff 'roid and put it where you wanted it. Then you re-place the hub. Job done! And all for about 10% of the value of the stations involved (so it's not really cheating :wink: ).

Stevo

Devor
x4

Post by Devor » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 00:20

I don't have enough fire power to take down the hub unless I fill my Nova's hold with MD ammo and sit back with something weighty on the fire button. (Should stop spending monet on TS's and start thinking about combat/diffence.)

In X3 I have not used any scripts or mod. My mind set with X2 was "Dose the script/mod add functionallity that if the AI was real would not argue thats unfair". I might give the station relocator script a try.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 02:40

If the hub is not in a good place.....

Place 2 more stations, one of them being your needed silicon mine, join them together and place the hub for them where you really want a hub to be.

Then join the 2 hubs, choosing the new one first.

You will end up with 1 complex with 1 hub, and the hub will be where you placed the new one.

Only thing to check on, is that the second hub must be in range of the first one. So save first so you can go back and do again if need be.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”