X2 Junkie about to start in on X3

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The_T
x3

X2 Junkie about to start in on X3

Post by The_T » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 04:48

Some time ago I was big on X2, life interrupted, but now I'm back for X3. What do I need to know? Any handy early game tricks? Major differences?

Thanks!

The_T
x3

Post by The_T » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 05:18

ill admit i was hoping for an abriged version. like three lines of 'yo dude, its all the same deal, except x weapon now sucks, x ship is great at the beginning, and don't do x, because your empire will crumble while you aren't watching.'

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 06:35

Its all the same, except the really good money making things in X2 are all harder to use, dont work or cant be used at the beginning ofthe game for rank reasons.

Rank is much more important now.

The ship roles have changed. See Giskards guide.

The Gamma guns are mainly gone, but its like the alphas were removed and the other 2 renamed. A few new guns, including a tractor beam.

The graphics are updated, but the interface although changed, isnt.

The manual is useless, download the new one.

There are tons of good guides to help you get started.

Is that what you were after ? :)

The_T
x3

Post by The_T » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 07:46

indeed! thanks mate

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 12:26

Combat in x3 is much better (more fun for me) than x2, theres more of a challenge, cap ships can mount flak artilary arrays so taking down 1 in a fight with an m3 up close is very hard, missles are faster i think and some of them fire in swarms such as wasp missles. Ships mount more guns, TS ships look much better but i think there slower than x2 (been a while since i played).

SPP been very cheap and profitable in x2 is alot more expensive and most stations come in M,L,XL sizes and can be linked with kits from ship yards but this means making loops can be very good early in the game to get on your feet. I had a mega complex in my last game and it made a killing selling weed,space fuel, shields and i didnt have to monitor it ^^

Overall X3 is better than x2 but there are still bugs, and the AI still can fly a ship :p

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 13:03

there are additional keyboard commands - lots of 'em..

layouts are available in the Hint "sticky" above - well worth having one nearby..

X3 is a brilliant game - you'll love it, once you get into it.. :D
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 17:03

The_T wrote:ill admit i was hoping for an abriged version. like three lines of 'yo dude, its all the same deal, except x weapon now sucks, x ship is great at the beginning, and don't do x, because your empire will crumble while you aren't watching.'
Well then . Some weps are gone . The game play is good.
Great scripts.And
Yo dude ; Your Empire will Crumble while your
not looking . :wink:

411. I'm building in Split fire. Keeps me paying attention.
Doing this has cost me a carrier so far.
But I'm buiding up and hanging out in sector now.

You don't want to come into Split Fire now,
blinking all red . :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”