[x2] Gppc

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

muadiib
x4

[x2] Gppc

Post by muadiib » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 23:58

Well ive got to the point where i need these tasty weapons. I Have one M2 the argon titan so i decided along with my ghept and 125mw fac id churn out a few of these for when i get an M1 or KM2 (Want that one!) I Did a double take on the amount of materials it needed, i think ive screwed up my placement. its a boron model. Problem is i mined the area and left one 21 yield astroid instead of that and the 26 yield. having to much fun remote mining...oops. So how many bofu labs and what yields of ore am i likly to need to kick start this fac working?

My present resources are 100mil credits so i could start again from scratch so give me an idea where to place this fac?

M2:Titan CRS HOOD
M6:Teladi FRG WARP HUNTER
M6:Split CRV INVICTUS
M6:ARGON CRV IRON HAMMER, WRAITH, STORM SHIELD, CALIBAN
M3:Boron 40 Starfighters
What happens when your ion drives are fragged and your FTL drive have spun to zero?

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 00:29

Due to the length of time to produce just one GPPC ( 8 game hours or so I think ) I invariabley used the multi-buy exploit to fill any gaps in weapon procurement - buy 10 TS from a shipyard with eq dock in-sector which stocks GPPC's normally, you equip all 10 TS with 1 or 2 GPPC depending on stock levels ( you can add to the stock if needed ) and you get 20 GPPC out the other end plus the 10 TS.
Anyway, by the time your factory is producing GPPC's all the asteroids you mobile mined will be re-spawning again so don't make plans you can't alter to suit.
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 01:57

Your better off finding an XI mission, or just visitting Xenon territory and killing a J or K and hoping they drop a crate of the beasties.

Or stick a mine in another sector, and just ferry the needed supplies from there till the 'roid respawn.

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 02:06

or grab an M7 and 'visit' any xenon sector, every xenon M1/M2 should drop random weapon container if they are destroed

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 05:11

or grab an M7 and 'visit' any xenon sector, every xenon M1/M2 should drop random weapon container if they are destroed
:o There are no M7's in x2.

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 05:19

Well looking at you list of ships Muadiib I don't see the paronid Odysseus M2 there.
Don't know wether you know but the Odysseus fully fitted with PSG's is the most powerful weapon of mass distruction in x2.
with over 100 mil go get yourself one and kit it out and believe me you will only need one then jump to your nearst Xenon sector in your new baby and try it out, you should clear the sector in about 10 minutes :twisted

P.S
Oh and I forgot to mention don't use it in friendly sectors or you'll make more enemy's than friend's
You have been warned! :lol:

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 06:07

Ah, X2... then take Teladi M6, even easier to ramble in Xenon Sector than with M7 in X3

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 08:31

Just one problem: I don't think capital ships in X2 ever dropped their weapons when you blew them up. Could be wrong on that but I don't ever remember it happening...

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 09:57

Very true, the 'gun' dropping only came in with X3. You could get lots still left on a Xenon K in a Taxi mission capture, but you'd needed to have gotten to Ace-of-Aces 1st grade and have captured the K to get to that point. In which case it'd be likley you already had a load of G/B/APPC's anyway. And yes for maxxed out killing an Odysseus takes some beating, though my Zeus wasn't bad for a carrier, but that was X2 the new X3 models are not the same beasts at all :( .

Afterburnerz
x3

Post by Afterburnerz » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 12:32

Menelaus Paradise would be a good choice as there are several good Ore Asteroids in the system, with one of them being outstanding.
There are many Bio Gas plants in Menelaus Paradise with an excess usually available.
I'd recommend setting up at least:-
2 Solar Power Plants but preferably 3 if you don't yet have SPP's in Ocean of Fantasy where there are good profits to be made.
3 BoFu factories
2 BioGas factories
3 Ore Mines
1 Crystal Fab
2 Silicon Fabs in Bluish Snout
There is a shortage of Energy, BoFu, Ore, Silicon and Crystals in Ocean of Fantasy, Bluish Snout and in Menelaus Paradise.
Crystal shortages will be your main concern.
You'll eventually need to set up several Crystal Fabs in Ocean of Fantasy as well.

The major benefit however is that you have 7 Equipment Docks in close proximity to buy your weapons, should you decide to sell at a high price and then buy back at the average price.

Reservoir of Tranquility would be another good choice.

muadiib
x4

Post by muadiib » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 00:09

Well i took your advice and blew my 100 mil on a new M2 the ody, Well yes it is a huge killing machine. But with GPSG's way to powerful. I punched between to XM2 one down either side and blew them right back to there mums. I Also managed to capture a L with full shields when only a vice admiral.... Only 95% then i can try and cap myself an XM2

Maybe i'll have to rethink the ody, dont think i have to do any work to kill the xenon now so its removed the fun....even thou im still 2 GPPC's short!!

M2:Paranid CRS PILLAR OF TRUTH
M6:ARGON CRV IRON HAMMER, WRAITH, STORM SHIELD, CALIBAN,
IRON DUKE
M3 Khaak 1
M3 Argon 1
M3 Xenon 1
What happens when your ion drives are fragged and your FTL drive have spun to zero?

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 22:33

Thats where the X2 AEGIS fire control software and a selection of weapon options plus the gunnery crews to operate them pays dividends with the 'maximise captures' option. This allowed you to fly the ship while the gunnery crews selected the best weapon depending on target and possible damage to friendlies. They dropped to weaker guns as the targets shields fell and stopped when the enemy surrendered.
Its in the standard bonus pack though you 'll find aquiring the gunnery crews may need the multi-buy exploit I mentioned in an earlier post, you need 90 for an M2 and 50 for an M1, as thet only usually appear in small numbers and are snapped up v.v quickly.
I got a Zeus in my last X2 game and though its an M1 its not far short of all the other M2's apart from the Oddy as it too can mount PSG's, but in common with all M1's not as many weapon/turret slots compared to M2's.

muadiib
x4

Post by muadiib » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 13:44

I have aegis in both M2's having a hell of a time getting crew!! As i have 0 crew for each one. But hopefully by the end of the day i should have them!

You'll laugh thought i was nearly skint, then i saw a full sector where id forgot to run station managment just skimmed 36 million from one sector and still left 200k in each station...
Thats financed double energy loop in seizewell.

So i need 90 crew should i also by some GIREs to improve turret rotation??

M2:Paranid CRS PILLAR OF TRUTH
TL:Argon HTS DAISY
M6:ARGON CRV IRON HAMMER, WRAITH, STORM SHIELD, CALIBAN,
IRON DUKE
M3 Khaak 1
M3 Argon 1
M3 Xenon 3

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 19:16

No real need to go quite so low powered unless you're aiming to cap fighters, you'll need A/BPAC for the front guns on an Oddy and A/BHEPT's elsewhere ( you could add GHEPT's, but they didn't seem to get used much) A/B/GPPC's A/B/GPSG's ( should be 3/6/9, but I ended up 3/9/9 ) though I stopped using GPSG's except on assassination missions. As long as there aren't friendlies around the AEGIS used PPC's at range and PSG's closer in followed by HEPT's.
The only space you'll see Gunnery crews for sale in is Argon, though you see the MTxxx transports flitting all over, you can query them as to their next stop by targetting them and using Pg down to scroll down the top section of their info screen to the actions and commands part.

The Wolf
x3tc

Post by The Wolf » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 20:42

Afterburnerz wrote:Menelaus Paradise would be a good choice
Screenshots of the little GPPC and 125MW shield loops I had going in one of my old saved games :):
[ external image ] [ external image ]

Afterburnerz
x3

Post by Afterburnerz » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 21:34

The Wolf wrote:
Screenshots of the little GPPC and 125MW shield loops I had going in one of my old saved games

Bloody Brilliant!

I'll have to add more Crystal Fabs to Bluish Snout in my current Trading Game as I'm starting to see a shortage of crystals in the North West Sectors.

BoronSticks

Post by BoronSticks » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 22:33

In my X2 game I have 31 GPPC loops, 8 125 MW shield, 10 BPPC, 2 APPC, 1 GHEPT, 1 GPSG loop for capital ship armament. 1 BHEPT and 2 25 MW shield loops for fighter and freighter retrofitting. 1 of each missile type, 1 mass driver ammo, 2 for fighter drones, and 1 for squash mines for consumable ordnance. These are not all in 1 sector though, most of them are spread among 5 main built-up sectors. Obviously, I didn't get that far without being aware of the weapon cloning bug with multiple ship purchases.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”