Can you eliminate all evidence of 3rd party scripts?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aggy
x2

Can you eliminate all evidence of 3rd party scripts?

Post by aggy » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 00:18

OK, I just wanted to try a trade script to see what it does. So I installed it and looked at the trade console, but there were gibberish commands listed under the normal ones such as: "readtext_2014_416". So I just didn't save and exited the game.

When I reloaded the old game, the gibberish commands were still there. So I deleted all the script files I downloaded, and that still didn't solve the problem. Upon reading the script readme, I actually made a mistake in loading the script. I didn't put a "T" sub-directory in the X2 main directory as it instructed.

Anyone familiar enough with scripting to know how to undo the changes it makes so that you can just play the game as-is?

Lesson: carefully read all readme instructions on all scripts before using.

bobah083
x3

Post by bobah083 » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 03:11

look for init.*.xml file, it adds that command into menu, and restart x2 after you have deleted it. That t folder just contains language file with strings that should replace "readtext..." with intended command name.

BTW i made an installer to install and uninstall scripts automatically, to make end-user's life easier :) .
all i need now is to "attract" other scripters to use it.
i made 2 scripts: supplier mkI & sellbest improved, both of them are available at xscripting.com (with my installer of course)

i would like to hear any suggestions about is it good or bad, need-to-have or not, some improvements etc
Do not delay your task if you can ignore it!

aggy
x2

Post by aggy » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 03:28

Thanks for the input, but I could not find files under those parameters. I did find !init.*.pck files though. I guess I'll have to ask the guy who wrote the script... thanks anyway.

bobah083
x3

Post by bobah083 » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 03:37

are you sure you have restarted x2 after deletin files?
and command is still there?
i know it sounds crazy, but dont throw your stones to me...
i mean: just check it one more time.

aggy
x2

Post by aggy » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 03:55

No, no luck. I reloaded and the "readtext2014_416" type commands are still there. There are no XML files at all in any X2 directory.

The script I tried is called "Teladi autotrader Mk 2.2" written by a person called Mostlikely.

Link: http://www.xscripting.com/modules.php?n ... der_Mk2.2c

Maybe I'll contact Mostlikey about the problem and post the answer if I get 1. Thanks for the help.

bobah083
x3

Post by bobah083 » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 04:04

hmm thats weird...
anyway, it is right to ask him for support

bobah083
x3

Post by bobah083 » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 04:09

just checked - his script uses 410-415 commands, 416 is not there,
so... dont know what to say.
may be best way is to uninstall x2 and install it again (reserving sav's while doing it)

Trilon
x4

Post by Trilon » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 04:11

Scripts seem to be saved with a saved game, init ones do anyway, not sure about others. If you load up the script editor you'll see the scripts are still availabe to edit even though they no longer exist in scripts folder. You'll have to revert to a saved game before you started using the script...

aggy
x2

Post by aggy » Tue, 13. Jan 04, 01:04

I asked the author of the script about this and his reply:

Inside the script editor there's a command: remove key: <signal/command> class: <type/class> race: <race>
If you take the init.mk2bind.xml from the mod you'l find wich <commads> <type> and <race> to use to remove these from your command console.

So not being a script programmer, I really have no idea what he is talking about. Sigh... Anyone able to translate this?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 13. Jan 04, 01:29

aggy wrote:I asked the author of the script about this and his reply:

Inside the script editor there's a command: remove key: <signal/command> class: <type/class> race: <race>
If you take the init.mk2bind.xml from the mod you'l find wich <commads> <type> and <race> to use to remove these from your command console.

So not being a script programmer, I really have no idea what he is talking about. Sigh... Anyone able to translate this?
What he says is that
1) open the file init.mk2bind.xml (outside of game)
2) Look in there to find out what are the values of "commands", "type" and "race".
3) RUn the game and start the script editor. and type:
4) remove key: <command> class: <type> race: <race>
substituting with the values you found in (2)

No I am a mere programmer, not a script editor programmer.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”