what gives???????????????? question bout station max jumps

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Darquies
x3ap

what gives???????????????? question bout station max jumps

Post by Darquies » Sat, 24. Jan 04, 09:33

i have a wheat station in argon prime, I have the max jump thing in station pref set to 1. I have my ship that's owned to the station lookin for the best price of energy cells for that station. I see my wheat ship in President's end. Why is this

with the max jump setting set to one, how could he be in president's end???

he is owned to the station, he has no jumpdrive,

any help would be MUCHLY thanked
8)
Last edited by Darquies on Sun, 25. Jan 04, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.
to Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 24. Jan 04, 11:06

Simple: your ship went to The Wall to fetch something, but found it couldn't do it once it got there. It then had a look around for the next best place, and noticed it was Home of Light. The most direct route between The Wall and Home of Light goes through President's End...

Darquies
x3ap

???????

Post by Darquies » Sat, 24. Jan 04, 17:18

But that still doesn't tell me about the max jump setting in the station pref. screen. I also have a eletric plant in argon prime that sells energy cells at 14 credits, which the wheat farm eletric cell buy price is set at. So if by some chance the wall doesn't have any eletric cells at 14 creds or lower my ship SHOULD buy from my eletric plant in argon prime, not go into a sector(2 jumps) where I forbid it to go. I don't want my ships in president's end period. could you all please in the next patch PLEASE make that max jump in the station settings an absolute.

thanx.

Darquies
x3ap

@$^#$&#$&@$& Now I'm Pissed! #$

Post by Darquies » Sun, 25. Jan 04, 08:15

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Well I just lost my first ship (Pirate Trade Ship) to those punks in President's end. I still would like an answer to my previous question. I REALLY hope that this is fixed in the next patch. MAX JUMP SETTINGS in the station preferences should be an ABSOLUTE not a Freaking suggestion

and to top it all off, I still have a Freakin SSP in Argon Prime selling Eletric cells at 14 cred per cell, which coincidently is WHAT MY WHEAT FARM'S ENERGY PRICE IS SET TO!

Acidic
x2

Post by Acidic » Sun, 25. Jan 04, 11:16

Here, take a chill pill, its guaranteed to calm you down and reverse retardation. Feel better? Thought so.

When you set your Wheat Farm to buy EC's at 14 credits, it means that it will pay a MAXIMUM of 14 credits. If the Wheat Farm ships can find a SPP selling EC's cheaper than 14 creds then it will go there instead of your SPP, which saves you money.

Now calm down or its off to bed with no supper.
Acidic
Novas caught - 216
Rank - UNCC Captain Of The Forces
Title - Former UNCC Fleet Admiral [Retired]

Tandem
x2

Another solution

Post by Tandem » Sun, 25. Jan 04, 15:15

Darquies,

Two thoughts.
1. Your energy station may have been out of stock when your freighter looked at it???
2. You can always set the max jumps to zero. As I understand it, then the freighter will never try to leave the home sector. You may want to up your energy purchace max to 15 or something so that your station does not 'starve' if your energy plant is sold out.

DanS

White Tiger
x2

Post by White Tiger » Sun, 25. Jan 04, 15:29

Whenever possible, I place my stations and factories in sectors where I can set the max jumps to "0". They get attacked a lot less often and can get the resources back to thier home base quicker. This is where the stategy of the game comes into play. Think. :wink:

Darquies
x3ap

So it begins.

Post by Darquies » Sun, 25. Jan 04, 17:33

First off Acidic I'm not overreacting, I just want the game I payed for to do what it says. Is that wrong? If I say only one jump is allowed, then one jump is allowed. and going into predident's end is more than one jump. It's simple math(trying to do my best gary oldman inpersanation from 5th element) 1 jump equals 1 jump, 1 jump DOES NOT EQUAL 2 JUMPS. Now lets all be civil and do not offer me any kind of "pills" I say no to drugs :)

Second Tandem, my SSP(which sells cells at 14 creds a unit) in Argon Prime has four thousand+ energy cells, all the time(funny nobody wants to buy em) I had set it up there for the fact that my wheat plants never have a supply shortage. My SSP does not make me money, which is fine, it's there just for my other factories, like my crystal fab is there for my SSP(I like chaining) so that wasn't the problem. It's like if my transport goes to the wall, and cannot find cells for 14 creds, it should come to my SSP and buy them, not go thtough President's end and then to home of light.

White Tiger, thanx for your input, but I know this(not being sarcastic here) Thats why I had my SSP in argon prime(same sector) selling at 14 creds per cell, which is the price set for all my other plants energy cell price limit.

Thankyou all for your input, but I think you seem to be missing my main point. I want the max jump thing to be an absolute, not a suggestion for my transport ships.

that's why I'm a lil steamed(not to the point of retardation) It's like if i tell my back turrent to only protect my ship, and sometimes it just descides to fire at a friendly Titan or a collossis for no reason, how would you feel.

And yes I know it's only a game, but I did pay around 40+ dollers for this game, and I just hope that this can be fixed in the next patch.

And Acidic, Just say no :wink:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 25. Jan 04, 21:16

What you're saying is that you'd like it to work like it did in X-Tension--e.g. a factory transport has to go all the way back to its home base once it finds its destination no longer has the goods available, THEN it decides where else to go. That's fine if it's only travelling 1 sector, but when you have transports traversing 3 or more jumps to get their goods, the new system is a godsend--it means you actually stand some chance of getting the produce your factory needs to work.

maestro4202
x3

Post by maestro4202 » Sun, 25. Jan 04, 21:47

Darquire is still right.

The fact that P End kills SO many stupid traders you would think there would atleast be an option to check 'AVOID SYSTEM' at the known systems list when you press R. This way you get both the better trading and avoid the march of lemming trader ships into PE. :lol:

Darquies
x3ap

lets try this again

Post by Darquies » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 06:34

pjknibbs wrote:What you're saying is that you'd like it to work like it did in X-Tension--e.g. a factory transport has to go all the way back to its home base once it finds its destination no longer has the goods available, THEN it decides where else to go. That's fine if it's only travelling 1 sector, but when you have transports traversing 3 or more jumps to get their goods, the new system is a godsend--it means you actually stand some chance of getting the produce your factory needs to work.

Why do we even have the max jump setting in the station settings screen if the game is not going to abide by them. It's not about having to go back and forth, it's about sticking to the game settings. And the 3 most important factors about a business is location Location LOCATION. I'm sure you have heard this before
so whoever decides to put a factory while his resources is like 3 sectors away, let him deal with it. he can go ahead and put the max jump setting to 9. But me, I look for the "ripe" spot. set up my factory, and expect my dang transports to follow my setings

Now please lets stop getting off the dang subject.

in the next patch will this thing be fixed, or what. I just want my transports to do what I tell em to. That isn't too hard now is it.

If this isn't going to happen, is there a script that will make sure that my transports do NOT go into President's end. I might as well try to fix this situation since the game won't.

8)

Troj
x3

Post by Troj » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 11:18

I thought that Presidents End was one jump from Argon Prime ... allthough in diagonal ... I always thought thats how the jump limit worked, like how a king moves in chess. so you cant go more then 1 square away from your homebase, but you can travel through 8 sectors in the area around it - which I believe you can do from Argon prime.
Semper Pugno, semper Vinci.

Darquies
x3ap

Post by Darquies » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 11:28

Troj, i think not, from all the stuff and the goings back and forth, that would have been a simple answer to give me, and alas this thread wouldn't be so big. It takes 2 jumps to get into president's end from argon prime. Unless you have a jumpdrive, but we already know that.

8)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 11:49

Darquies wrote:Troj, i think not, from all the stuff and the goings back and forth, that would have been a simple answer to give me, and alas this thread wouldn't be so big. It takes 2 jumps to get into president's end from argon prime. Unless you have a jumpdrive, but we already know that.

8)
you are right that Presidents end is 2 jumps from Argon Prime but if your ship's Homebase is in Argon Prime and it travels to The Wall for energy but cannot find any and then finds them in Home of Light it will travel there by any route possible, which may include Presidents End, to get to Home of Light which is only 1 jump from Argon Prime
The max jumps limit is the limit of travel for the ship to to buy goods and not the maximum it will travel
hope this helps you to understand how it works

Jericho
x2

Re: So it begins.

Post by Jericho » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 11:56

Darquies wrote:
Second Tandem, my SSP(which sells cells at 14 creds a unit) in Argon Prime has four thousand+ energy cells, all the time(funny nobody wants to buy em) I had set it up there for the fact that my wheat plants never have a supply shortage. My SSP does not make me money, which is fine, it's there just for my other factories, like my crystal fab is there for my SSP(I like chaining) so that wasn't the problem. It's like if my transport goes to the wall, and cannot find cells for 14 creds, it should come to my SSP and buy them, not go thtough President's end and then to home of light.
In that case i recomend setting the price to the lowest possible, and banning all other races from trading at your station. that way your ships will always go to your own facatory if their buying price is also set to lowest. That is what I used to do in X-T, untill I discovered (like a lot of other people) that too many ships/factories in one sector = plenty-much-ship-crashing.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

bobah083
x3

Post by bobah083 » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 18:14

guys, i have a fix for it, just check it out. one of the quickest ways to check(not to use with main save): drop SPP in PowerCircle, feed it with crystals any way you want, then assign 2 ships with following 'sell' command:
http://www.xscripting.com/modules.php?n ... it&lid=164
and set jumplimit to 1. Then just watch: selling ships never fly through the hole or cloudbase. or 2 SPP's for faster effect.
PowerCircle because it has no way north : top-right, top-left and vice-versa reroutes are always going normally.

i believe buy best replacement prototype is on its way

BTW
Vulture wrote:I believe the Teladi Trader script will ensure this.
No, i have checked it myself, it follows the same path and leaves jumplimit zone sometimes. At this point at least (v2.2c).
Do not delay your task if you can ignore it!

astroturf
x2

Post by astroturf » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 18:55

The AVOID sector(s) would be worth its weight in credits!! I had to abandon a Solar plant because I kept loosing transports in presidents end.

Darquies
x3ap

it didn't work

Post by Darquies » Tue, 27. Jan 04, 00:30

I downloaded your script, but I couldn't install it, I couldn't read where to hit install button, also it wouldn't install where I told it to go(after trial and error with the buttons)

Thanx anyway

I just descided to put some ships in president's end to take care of the problem

(ARGH!!! sent in to wrong reply message window, but this pretty much tells what i did to fix this problem)

bobah083
x3

Re: it didn't work

Post by bobah083 » Tue, 27. Jan 04, 01:58

Darquies wrote: I couldn't install it. I couldn't read where to hit install button,
i have suddenly realized, that i put a desktop color as window color instead of exact color, and your desktop is black i think, so black text is unreadable.
i can fix it, but dont think they will allow me to upload it again... :x
sorry.
Do not delay your task if you can ignore it!

raskor414
x2

Post by raskor414 » Tue, 27. Jan 04, 02:14

As an alternative, you can download the BuyWare Replacement script

Then you can have your ship buy exclusively from your SPP
MSI 875P NEO
P4 2.8c w/ HT enabled
1g Crucial PC3200
Radeon 9600XT 128m
SB Live XGamer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”