X3r Vet, old man needs help, gettin a 1.5 on the mild annoyance scale with TC.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ReeverDrak
x3tc

X3r Vet, old man needs help, gettin a 1.5 on the mild annoyance scale with TC.

Post by ReeverDrak » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 03:17

hiz therez,:goner: im an old X3r vet and iz getting a bit old in mi years... iz is going to be 21 this year!! lol now for youz normal foke out therez you'z are thinginz thats not old, but ye seez im one of them special gamers thats themz game dev'z geneticaly engineer to be especualy good at moaning at them for notz big reasonz, and for'z that wez tendz to snuff it at 25 so'z that theyz dont have to have us at um foreverz... so you seez my eyes are going'z and so'z iz my sences it seems as ill explain......

now, im an old vet of x3r as iv said, and iz only just gots mi mits on TC, and fromz the first moments of it all i can till they tweaked it.. and not all in a good way... now its not a really big thing but iz is one vemz peeps that like the old way with R of bein able to lock and unlock (engadge unengadge) the flight movment to the curser.... now if anyonez ever played about with DarkStarOne youz know thats there be strikein similarityz with TC'z basic flight movent contol.... this could be an imporovment, but not as you have to hold down da left mouse evey timez you wona move... so iz asks yaz humberly this.... is therez a way of bringing back that right click lock?? it just goz wid mi stylez of play and i preferz it to havein my arthritic fingers getting strained every timz iz is in a fright....

so if it pleasez, please help this old man find his wayz.... i has been looking but my eyez deseave...

thank ya alllzzz for readin, and a merry xmas to youz allz and allz a good nightsz!!
now iz must be gettin back to the home :goner:
see ya'z
life is a bag of sock, most of them are clean but only one will take to stink out the hole bag!! lol

ephemeron
x4

Re: X3r Vet, old man needs help, gettin a 1.5 on the mild annoyance scale with TC.

Post by ephemeron » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 03:32

You want the "Classic" flight controls. IIRC, Shift-N is the default toggle, but you can reconfigure it to your liking.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 12:42

but you can reconfigure it to your liking.
Binding that to Right mouse button, boresight fire to left mouse button and that new fire mode I never use to centre mouse button makes it much more R like.

M

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 14:35

:goner: i seez sonyz but itz there da lock i iz much love and missez??
life is a bag of sock, most of them are clean but only one will take to stink out the hole bag!! lol

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 16:10

If I am reading what you are saying correctly (sorry, I am quite a bit older than you and find this hard to decipher!) then what I suggested for the right mouse button should do exactly what you want - classic flight mode = ship follows cursor, 'normal' flight mode = hold LMB to steer, otherwise ship is 'locked'. You might be able to debind the steering thing from the LMB as well to actually lock the ship's steering.

M

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 20:06

whats im meanz is the the right click botton would if clicked would lock you into ether movin your ship around or if clicked agian, put you back into the curser to go intoz the menuz, now can i do that in TC? i would be nice if i could, so i could have the left click for weapons and i wont have to hold down anything to let me move around.... just like in old x3r :goner:

Elkestra
x4

Post by Elkestra » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 20:12

Several of the above are offering control solutions to the problem (as interpreted), not sure what else we can do.

On the other hand, it would be a lot easier to help you if you at least tried to type things properly, and discovered the 's' key.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 20:27

That is exactly what the RMB bind I was suggesting will do. Go into the gameplay/controls menu and find out what toggle classic flight mode is bound to (shift+N by default). Then bind the Right mouse button to that control. Swap the cursor fire (currently RMB) to Middle mouse button and then add left mouse button to boresight fire. As close to R as I can get it.

M

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 20:29

maphys wrote:That is exactly what the RMB bind I was suggesting will do. Go into the gameplay/controls menu and find out what toggle classic flight mode is bound to (shift+N by default). Then bind the Right mouse button to that control. Swap the cursor fire (currently RMB) to Middle mouse button and then add left mouse button to boresight fire. As close to R as I can get it.

M
Thank youz... :goner: youv been much help... ill cheack that out shortly :goner:

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 20:32

No worries. Good luck with that - I fired up TC for the first time and had the same reaction "Gimme Reunion controls back!". One other one to remember is that Autoaim is not on the cursor fire (the one that follows your mouse arrow rather than the HUD), only boresight. Oh - and it is a good idea to bind the jump key to something other than shift+J as now there is a sector beginning with J and it gets annoying when you nearly jump there by mistake!

M

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 20:36

maphys wrote:No worries. Good luck with that - I fired up TC for the first time and had the same reaction "Gimme Reunion controls back!". One other one to remember is that Autoaim is not on the cursor fire (the one that follows your mouse arrow rather than the HUD), only boresight. Oh - and it is a good idea to bind the jump key to something other than shift+J as now there is a sector beginning with J and it gets annoying when you nearly jump there by mistake!

M
gotchaz, ill keeps it in mind and illz playz around a bit withz the bindin....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”