X-SUPERBOX: What is this all about and what should it contain?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 26. Jul 09, 12:35

Well if its the ultimate box it needs to be a collectors edition for uk not germany as they had enough collector editions only for now lol.

People like collector editions with maps u can put on the wall and maybe a statue of sorts which you could do a ship model u put in the box, nova perhaps or somit or the original x ship would be damn cool.

Some really good reading material like a guide to the universe with back story for sectors and races and stuff would be cool. A handbook for the beginner would be cool too with good trade routes for lots of wares, good factory combos and where to put them based on new universe placements etc.

For the ultimate gift tho do the x ship fully updated to x3 gfx but keep the model faithful and let them play with it. Perhaps you could use this as a preorder gift like play.com sometimes offer as exclusives.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 26. Jul 09, 12:39

People like collector editions with maps u can put on the wall and maybe a statue of sorts which you could do a ship model u put in the box, nova perhaps or somit or the original x ship would be damn cool.
Paper ships Paper ships Paper ships!!!!!!!!
Ego did that with X-perimental shuttle... do that with some other cool ships!

I'd love to have a Ray Papership... :lol:
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sun, 26. Jul 09, 12:43

A compatibility patch for X:BTF, X:Tension and X2:TT to work in Vista environment. I doubt a lot of folks are keeping to their XPs and 2000s when Vista and 7 are becoming the majority.

cheggs
x4

Post by cheggs » Sun, 26. Jul 09, 21:32

The TO class from the XTM, if there can be only one the SPP one(I forgot what it's called).

Of course most important of all an updated model of the X-perimental Shuttle for X3-TC

I can't believe it's been 10 years, I think another beer to salute this wonderful acheivement(sp?)

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 01:55

Hmm I may have to agree. Let me go pour a pint.

Duncans_pumpkin
x3tc

Post by Duncans_pumpkin » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 19:09

X2-Eliah wrote:A compatibility patch for X:BTF, X:Tension and X2:TT to work in Vista environment. I doubt a lot of folks are keeping to their XPs and 2000s when Vista and 7 are becoming the majority.
X:BTF works fine in vista tried it recently.
X2 i still play in vista all the time works perfectly.
Don't own X:T so cant tell you.

How on earth did you get rights off of THQ to sell X:T and X:BTF or is this just hopeing you will get them.

What i would like to see is at least one of Nuclear Slugs DiD stories in book form. Sector Map Poster. Poster of all the ships with names next to them. These are my major ones I would like.

And I can't stress this enough beta test the whole thing and make it all work and if you include apricot slices guide rewrite the damn thing.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 19:33

I think you should make it a tick box option for the install.

Box 1: Install X3: Terran Conflict
Box 2: Install X3: Reunion
Box 3: Install X2: The Threat
Box 4: Install X-Tension
Box 5: Install X-Beyond The Frontier
Box 6: Install Fan Made Game Content
Box 7: Install Fan made X-Content

Make it so you need to change the disc depending on the install. I should imagine X-BTF and X-Tension can both fit on a single disc.

And then while it is installing everyone here in the forums could write a BBS story which goes onto the installing screen. So instead of just pictures off all the games there is BBS stories. Or you could even make the BBS stories appear in a menu on the center of the screen with pictures from all the games lol.

Another thing that would be awesome if there was some kind of mode which enabled a chronological play through. Once the last mission of every game is completed a save game converter converts your current game on to the next system. Although that may not work it would be pretty awesome. It should only apply from X2 upwards though as they do have save game converters and they are set 20 years after X:Tension after all :D

bluten
x3tc

Post by bluten » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 22:38

Why do not to add a translation of every books speaking about the universe X. :D
Moi, pour rien au monde je ne me suiciderais ... Plutôt mourir !!!

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 22:44

X2-Eliah wrote:A compatibility patch for X:BTF, X:Tension and X2:TT to work in Vista environment. I doubt a lot of folks are keeping to their XPs and 2000s when Vista and 7 are becoming the majority.

Vista is such an utter failure, why else would microsoft be bring out 7 so soon? I can count on one hand, 2, the people I know who bought vista, and kept it. Everybody else I know went back to XP.
AMD FX 8core 8150 4.5ghz(overclocked)4x8gb ram, ATI Crossfire Radeon 7850HD x2. Sabertooth 990fx mobo

cheggs
x4

Post by cheggs » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 23:28

Just to be the first to say this, a prize lets say box set 001 to be awarded to the winner and to be fair for those of use who have systems that can't run TC or have any talents in the artistic way(OK me :wink: ) have a chance to win.

I'm so drunk

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 00:32

dlryan wrote:

Vista is such an utter failure, why else would microsoft be bring out 7 so soon? I can count on one hand, 2, the people I know who bought vista, and kept it. Everybody else I know went back to XP.
Lots of people use vista because they didn't have the option of XP when they bought their computers. Myself included. It's alright and I like some of the gimmicks, though its using up horrible amounts of memory is a pain, it being 64 bit means I can have a lot more memory ;)
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 00:43

Poobah wrote:Lots of people use vista because they didn't have the option of XP when they bought their computers. Myself included. It's alright and I like some of the gimmicks, though its using up horrible amounts of memory is a pain, it being 64 bit means I can have a lot more memory ;)
Last time I went into a shop I was like "I'm buying this computer if I get XP instead of Vista".
After a little huffing and puffing I got XP. *shrug*

These people want to sell you stuff. If you want other stuff, you ask. Well, or go to a shop where the computer salesperson knows more than the "5 minute introduction to electronic stuff".
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 09:44

If is possible I wish to see some italian tutorial and work ( like map for example )

in this [link] we've all italian works

in this [link] we've all works for modding and scripting
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

carbonshinigami

Post by carbonshinigami » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 13:26

id love to see like an extras disc with like interveiws with the team and where they got ther ideas and such so i can have my nerd moments :lol:

scritty
x4

Post by scritty » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 17:09

CBJ wrote:Don't take it too personally Gavrushka. Over the years scritty has been staunchly critical of many of the things that Egosoft has done, but we know he still loves us really. ;)
Ah thanks CBJ.

As for me being a minority. Well on this forum maybe, but then this forum is populated by....... X fans (myself included).

Another lesson of capitalism, is do you r market research, and make sure your polling is truly representative, and the questions asked are relevent and unambiguous.

I have every X game ever released. I have XBTF twice and X3 and X3 2.0. I'm a comitted player. I just would like to see new gameplay content and maps.

However, keeping to the flow of constructive ideas. How about .....

1) The return of user defined corporation Logos (It really was nice to see my own designed logo as I docked)

2) More "fly in" stations - I know there are still a few about, that just proves that they can be done :-)

There. Done.

Good luck with this, who knows, i'll probably end up buying it. I'm like that :)

Paul

Oooh oooh, having the first games redone in X3's graphics engine !! (never going to happen is it)
We've got lumps of it ..around the back !

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 17:22

scritty wrote:1) The return of user defined corporation Logos (It really was nice to see my own designed logo as I docked)
Yes yes yes, a thousand times yes. These should never have been removed! I'll give my firstborn Egosoft for a middle-name if they are brought back :wink:

Duncans_pumpkin
x3tc

Post by Duncans_pumpkin » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 18:31

Good god why does everyone despise vista. Vista is better than XP and all the X games run on Vista so can we stop the Vista hate.

Bringing it back ontopic yes to user designed corp logos.

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 19:28

Vista is more system intensive than any previous OS, from a gaming standpoint when you want the majority of your computer focusing on making your game awesome you don't want Vista hogging 1/4 of your RAM.

I don't HATE vista, but it does annoy me sometimes, OTOH having 8 gigs of ram and 64 bit vista means I'll have more RAM available than I ever could under 32 bit xp...

EDIT : ON TOPIC, honest.

For screenshots I'd suggest looking at the submissions for the screenshots of the week thread because there are a lot more submissions than shots than make SSOTW and as beauty is in the eye of the beholder I often like some of that week's submissions than the screenie that ends up as the SSOTW, also since there can only be one there are often a lot that just don't quite make it but are awesome :)

AjaxDude
x3tc

Post by AjaxDude » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 21:43

scritty wrote:
2) More "fly in" stations - I know there are still a few about, that just proves that they can be done :-)
I don't think the X3 engine can have station interiors, but I'm sure someone can mod the stations to have hangar bays.
How can one player flying one ship defeat a big gang of pirates?

Good flying, or reinforcements. Lots of reinforcements.

Stryc9
x3tc

Post by Stryc9 » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 22:33

scritty wrote: 1) The return of user defined corporation Logos (It really was nice to see my own designed logo as I docked)
I never spent much time with X2 because I got it after I got X3 and just couldn't quite get in to it but I remember this being there and would love to see it patched in in some way if possible to X3 and TC for the superbox.
Overspecialize and you breed in weakness, it's slow death. -Major Motoko Kusanagi

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”