[X2] Lowering my combat grade

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

samoja

[X2] Lowering my combat grade

Post by samoja » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 15:21

I want to lower my combat grade, i am currently on veteran stage, reason for this is that i want to capture some faction ships by doing combat missions and currently missions offered to me are far too hard to focus, just now i got a mission in which i had to kill four argon busters and i am flaying one buster myself, they just chew me into pieces with missiles in no time, i heard that your rank drops over time if you act passively, please help.

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 17:31

sit inside a station but not docked in the clamps. turn on seta and go watch a few movies. it should drop a percent or 2 for every few mins of seta. i cant remember how long it takes or how much it drops but its the way to do it. remember to stop all your freighters or they will get attacked and killed pretty quickly.
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

samoja

Post by samoja » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 17:45

Thanks a bunch

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 20:16

Upgrade to a nova. They are godly. But if you can't just go hunt pirates and until you get a baymon. They are a little OP for a M4 then move up to a nova and you'll be good to go. I can kill 4 M3 and an M6 in my Nova Combined with silkworm missles.

samoja

Post by samoja » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 21:34

I got a Bayemon but i have no money for optimal loadout so i use Buster since it can mount Silkworms, i also recently captured Orinoco (with shields intact oh god) but still have no money to mount weapons or repair its hull, but i'm close to finish my first loop and then i should be able to spend more time trading because i won't have to babysit my factories all the time, just one more PT and a cattle ranch and its done.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 02:31

Sell your orinocco. Always sell your stuff unless its M6, M2, M1, or you have a bunch of things needing protection. The Baymon needs to be repaired and sheilded then use ION plus Best weaps and start capturing before trying to trade. That way you have a profit. I have 8 Stations and 10mil left over WITH 2 transports per station per resource needed.

samoja

Post by samoja » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 08:55

Well, i actually have 3 Bayemons, with max shields and alpha PACs, but i cant afford beta PACs yet, my Buster has 2 beta PACs so i stick with it for awhile, and for transports i use captured pirate ships(i rename them into Fast Transports because, well...), i have 3 fully upgraded situated in my facilities at Ringo moon, one ferrying Ecells from my power plant to my Cahoona bakery, Silicon mine and Crystal fab , second ferrying Meat from bakery to crystal fab and the third ferrying Ecells to my Wheat farm that i keep for profit(i keep its products at highest price and still they sell), i also have another Wheat farm in the wall that has its own Fast Transport and is fully automated buying Ecells from nearby PP and selling products to 2bakeries nearby, i recently captured another PS and i just need to install upgrades and repair its hull(its not very damaged) to assign it to ferry Silicon wafers from Mine to CF, and ill need one more to ferry Argnu beef once my cattle ranch is in place, ill use one of he Bayemons to transport Crystals from CF to PP. So you see ive got it all planed out, just need to capture another PS, buy cattle ranch and get my PS into shape and i'm ready.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 16:27

The PS TS is really useless if you ask me. I Prefer the boron TS as it carries 3k worth of goods.

Just transfer your Beta PACs from your buster to your bayamon. Cap the shields and start stealing pirate orinocco and bayamons until you can afford ion cannons and learn to switch between the two weapons fast that way once you knock them to 87% you just ion until they surrender. You will make tons of money that way. Then get a nova and start playing it economy wise. You waste time other wise because capturing is the fastest way in the beginning to getting money.

Also sell everything fighter ship wise except your bayamon's and don't waste time repairing hulls and just sell ships until you can afford the nova with ALPHA HEPT because the beta's do to much damage once most shields are out.

The way I do it is use my ION Disruptors to knock the shields to 0 then hit them with my HEPTs until they are below 87% usually 2 hits with the two weapons firing then switch to ion and keep attacking until their weapons hit 0 and then just keep doing it until their shields hit 0 then they ALWAYS surrender their ships. This mainly works for M3 and below. M6's have a low chance I read somewhere on this forum but won't really do it too often. I knocked a Teladi Osprey weapons out and just kept at it for maybe 5 hours and never surrendered so I killed it and continued doing my quests. Once you hit commodore rank most of the missions where you have to kill someone involves 4 M3's plus 1 M6. Just keep Silkworm missles and destroy the M6 and just do what I said for the M3 and trust me you'll have so much money it will make you smile :twisted:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 17:20

Please discuss general gameplay questions in the X-Universe forum.

**Moved**
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”