How many spp stations to build in kindoms end

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ians
x3

How many spp stations to build in kindoms end

Post by ians » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 23:36

I just wondering whats the limit or the recomended max amont of spp stations to build in kindoms end. I have build 1 spp my first station and its made over 3 million and was thinking of making more just like some advice on how many to build in kindoms end since i have abit of cash.Sorry about the newbie question still abit new to this game Thx.

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 23:39

I'd probably avoid putting another one there unless you build a crystal fab to help support it. There probably isn't enough existing crystals to go around with two plants competing for them.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 23:39

Best thing to do is check the stations in Kingdom End. If the demand for ECs is still high then think about another one. Just make sure there are enough suppliers of crystals nearby to run another one. (I've only got one there so I dont know the actual answer!)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 23:41

what jack said really. 1 Standalone + 1 SPP double loop if you dont plan on end products to kindgdom end (theres not much silicon in this region)

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 23:47

if you have only one spp and its not running out of crystals then your not trading to its potential, if you get the balance right then the local crystal supply will not be able to cope, if your doing ok with just one, then leave it at that, if you want more then you need to start loops to supply the spps but it probably will only flood the sector with energy and have a negative effect.

Consider adding factories that supply secondary resources to the borons, doing this increases their energy usage, good for spp sales :P
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

ians
x3

Post by ians » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 00:35

Ok thx guys ill proberly just leave the 1 spp in the kindoms end since its doing well , i have a crystal fab as well in kindoms end is doing well its the only 2 station i have. So i proberly just leave it at that and let it collet money over night or somethink :)

Thx for the advice guys

b-b-q
x2

Post by b-b-q » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 01:45

I wouldn't build more than one there. It is better to spread out your SPPs so they don't compete with each other over crystals. Of course, this rule doesn't apply if you make your own crystals.

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 01:53

Expand expand EXPAND! Build stand alone SPP's in 7-8 more sectors:
Heron Nebula, Red Light, Paranid Prime, Emperor Ridge, Ceo's Buckzoid, Greater Profit, Lucky Planets, Trinity Sanctum, Turuk's Pride, etc etc etc
All these SPP's will generate between 70k to 100k profit / game hour, and cost just 1 million to install each. These will be your cash generators.
Later u can build double crystal loops for the most profitable of these stand alones, maybe even for all...

easternblocrobotcowboy
x2

Post by easternblocrobotcowboy » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 02:19

build one in red ligt if you dont have one yet. it is by far my most profitable SPP. It can always sell e-cells for 19 or 20 and not fill up. especially if you already have a crystal fab to keep it supplied.

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 03:04

The local crystal supply in Kingdom End isn't even enough to feed my sole SPP there (yes I convinced my competitor to retire :twisted: ). I agree you are better off spreading out your SPPs - don't be afraid to remove your competitors by force to create a monopoly for yourself.

wathman00
x4

Post by wathman00 » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 05:21

I try to build SPPs for profit spaced at least 2 sectors apart. If I plan on making it an industrial hub I'll put an extra SPP to meet my local demands, and sell the excess off if any.

Warioc
x3

Hate Kingdoms end

Post by Warioc » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 11:44

Is it just me or is Kingdoms End swamped with Enemy presence. I lose more ships in that sector then I care to think about. Even put my first Nova there as protection and that too got destroyed.

Protection up there is non existent, grrr

Paris_Hilton

Post by Paris_Hilton » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 11:52

I have 5 facts there:
2 Bio Gas Facts
1 Bofu Chem Lab
1 CFab
2 SPP's

Have several facts in neighbouring sectors:
1 SilMine and 1 WFarm in Three World
1 SPP and 1 Bio Gas Facts in Rolks Drift
Several food production facts in the sector east of Rolks Drift

All is doing well except the second SPP in Kingdom End seldomly lacks of Crystals supply

Thedestroyer
x2

Try Pontifex's Realm

Post by Thedestroyer » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 03:23

Kingdom End and Rolks Drift are very good but, for me Pontifex's Realm creams them both, its by far my fastest earner and I have lost only one supply ship in weeks of trading! Just make sure youre using a fully optimised split Iguana to get your crystals (for 1684 credits)as competition for them is fierce. 8)

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 03:30

I haven't seen a single pirate in Kingdom End, not quite sure what you're talking about...
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Thedestroyer
x2

Hmmmm

Post by Thedestroyer » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 03:33

It probably took you 20 minutes to think up that tripe though :D

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 06:19

I've got two in Kingdom End, put them there together right at the start of my empire (that way I didn't have to watch that damn Argon Mammoth CRAWL through five sectors twice), and noticed that they just wiped out the crystal supply, especially once I put my third fab in Herron's Nebula.

So I put a Crystal fab in Herron's Nebula just to pop some crystals onto the market. It sells at max price, and matches my SPPs pretty well in profits.

I recently decided to put a second Crystal Fab in Herron's (Well, recently, a month ago or so), since it has plenty of resources to go around, and figured that I could use that for supplying some of my SPPs that always seem to be short.

But, I couldn't resist, so I let it sell for max profit as well, and figured it would still have crystals left over.
Heh, no such luck. :)
Both of them are constantly sold out, never getting any more than maybe 48 to 64 crystals in them before some hungry trader buys them all up.

Maybe I should put a third one in...

Have just now put a Teladianium foundry in Kingdom End, also selling at max, and it's not even getting to 5% stock before it's just robbed of all products. All those hungry Biogas factories really love that Teladianium. I figure that between Kingdom End, Rolk's and Queen's, you can easily put four or five Teladianium foundries at max profit and just let them sell away. Also boosts the Boron's energy consumption, which in turn benefits my SPPs.

Only problem is that some Borons want Soja Husks, and in order to provide that, I'd have to put up two fabs (Soya farm and Soyeries), which is a bit of a hassle. Might still think about it though. It would be fun to put up just a stretch of fabs all across the top Boron sectors. :)

Creston

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 08:19

Constipated_Vigilante wrote:I haven't seen a single pirate in Kingdom End, not quite sure what you're talking about...
As pirate bases randomly respawn, it's quite likely that a new base may be nearby.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

grandgnu
x3tc

Post by grandgnu » Mon, 29. Mar 04, 06:30

I think his problem is probably Khaak clusters and not pirates. I was using SETA while I had supper and had landed my ship in the Boron Equipment Dock in Kingdoms End (where my two SPP's are)

I had a Nova, Orinoco, Mandalay and Discoverer all set to attack all enemies in that sector (of course I didn't have the best weapons or shielding for all of them though, and I didn't have them set to protect one another or act as a team)

When I got back I see that all four were destroyed! Arrrgghh!

I've heard that Khaak clusters tend to show up because YOU are in the sector, so I guess I'm bad for my own business. Kinda stinks you can't hang out and be safe anywhere, at least when you're still growing your empire. But, it is challenging. If only capturing in 1.3 weren't so frigging tedious.

Warioc
x3

Post by Warioc » Mon, 29. Mar 04, 14:24

Yep mostly from khaak clusters, and only early in the game. Now i havent lost a single TS in days.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”