Factory "Other races can trade" problem...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Factory "Other races can trade" problem...

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 23:18

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my Crystal Fab.

I originally set it up to make money, selling at 1930 cr per crystal to all comers.

Now, my SPPs are begining to drain the local economy a bit so I decided to STOP trading with other races & reduce the price of my crystals. Keep 'em for my own use, you see.

The problem is that as my crystal fab was soooo popular any races ship that was already in transit when I switched off everybody elses docking rights, STILL docks & buys MY crystals even though I said NO! As a result every time my stock builds up nicely some b*gger comes and takes the lot at the REDUCED price to add insult to injury.

I did debate setting ALL races to FOE of this factory to see in that helps but I don't know what effect this'll have on any owned ships - don't want to start a war in Argon Prime!

Any ideas, or is this just something that I can hope to be fixed in the next patch?

Cheers,

Scoob.

ShaggyMoose
x2

Post by ShaggyMoose » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 23:32

I would just jack the price back up until the "other race" TS stop showing up. Then you can safely lower the price again.

Problem is, I don't know from how many sectors away an AI ship will attempt to trade. You might be waiting a while for ships that have decided to fly half way across the universe...
"On behalf of our President and Senator, the Argon Federation thanks you for your assistance with this invader. In return, you get... Silkworm missile removed."

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 23:48

Might just sit outside my fab & "discourage" them personally! :D

Actually, I've left the game on SETA since before posting this message and I've had no more "thefts" since. But like you say they ould be travelling from an awfully long way off considering how rare crystal get once you game hits a few days worth of play.

Scoob.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 00:06

They will trade from at least 11 sectors away, considering that most ai ships don't have engine upgrades you could be waiting a very long time. :P
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 02:23

My suggestion is to keep trading crystals to the NPCs and buy from the local trading stations. Lots of profits this way. If the area is chronically low on crystals, build another crystal fab. Cutting the NPCs off from your crystals just lowers your profits. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

easternblocrobotcowboy
x2

Post by easternblocrobotcowboy » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 02:31

if you are selling for >1900 dont stop the fab, build a new one for your own use. Alternatively, outfit a manta with a jumpdrive and call it 'crystal reserve' . transfer your crystals to the ship whenever you have some lying around and store them in the ship, ready to fly out and jumpdrive to whatever SPP needs them.

TW

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”