The Osprey Sux !

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CheeseAndBaconBurger

The Osprey Sux !

Post by CheeseAndBaconBurger » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 11:34

It's ugly, it's slow it sux! I hate it. Why did they add it.

Gazzareth
x2

Re: The Osprey Sux !

Post by Gazzareth » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 11:37

CheeseAndBaconBurger wrote:It's ugly, it's slow it sux! I hate it. Why did they add it.
Variety ??

Gump

Post by Gump » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 11:41

is that the M2 which use's PPC's ??

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 11:43

IMO it is the only ship of its class which you can leave alone in a sector with setting 'attack all enemies'. It has the most powerful shielding and very effective weapons. Its price including all the equippment is the best buy you can get. It will take out any Khaak Cluster in notime and also (if you set Pirates as enemies) any Pirate base without getting scratched.

For flying myself I use a Dragon. Looks cool and is very fast.

Cheers Euclid

patherton

Post by patherton » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 11:45

You're just not using it right..!!

Osprey + HEPT + 375 Shields + Strafe Drive = Carnage
Osprey + PSG + 375 Shields + Strafe Drive = Sector Ownage

attep
x3

Post by attep » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 11:46

Osprey is very capable ship. If you wish to buy a ship and never have to worry OOS or protect convoy etc not a problem if you want more of a challenge use an M5
You owe me one brain. Yes you do.

CheeseAndBaconBurger

Post by CheeseAndBaconBurger » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 11:50

I couldnt seem to take out a xenon k with the psg's on the osprey....but my Nemisis takes them in out in 60 seconds flat, with the gamma psg and beta turrets....maybe its more effective on m3's???

Gump it's the Teladi m6 corvette.

Zathos
x3

Post by Zathos » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 12:01

I was playing in Xenon space with my Osprey last night....what a toy :D
GHEPTs and BHEPTs and I was owning everything (until I rammed a cap ship and lost some toys :( ...Mind you I still survived and took out the cap ship, so I guess that ain't too bad :) .

I would like to see if a Dragon could survive that.

It is a bit slow for caping the smaller ships, but the turrets take care of em. Leveing you to have all the fun with the big boys.

I'm going back tonight to finish clearing the sector, then I think I will just leave the Osprey there to keep it clear. :twisted:
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will all say, we did this ourselves' - Lao Tse (circa 600 BC)

patherton

Post by patherton » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 12:03

Just strafe and u won't have a problem..

Took down 5 K's, 3 J's and countless L's in my Osprey last night...

ched
x3

Post by ched » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 12:10

yep the ospray is one crap ship too powerfull complete overkill might as well play game in god mode

Zathos
x3

Post by Zathos » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 12:11

Yea, I need to get the strafe key mapped onto my joystick.

Did you notice the huge blind spot on the Xenon cap ships? You can get top and bottom turrents firing in plus the two front guns and they only have one little pea shotter firing back :lol:
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will all say, we did this ourselves' - Lao Tse (circa 600 BC)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 12:12

Zathos: I recommend utterly care concerning clearing Xenon sectors.

If you did not yet have taken out the Xenon SY then they will send a huge fleet from there. Unless you're flying a fully equipped (gpsgs) Paranid Odi you will have serious problems.

Cheers Euclid

CheeseAndBaconBurger

Post by CheeseAndBaconBurger » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 12:15

Nemesis Ownz All !!!!!!!! :D

Zathos
x3

Post by Zathos » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 13:09

euclid wrote:Zathos: I recommend utterly care concerning clearing Xenon sectors.

If you did not yet have taken out the Xenon SY then they will send a huge fleet from there. Unless you're flying a fully equipped (gpsgs) Paranid Odi you will have serious problems.

Cheers Euclid
Sounds like a laugh.
I could always bring my Hydra along for wingman support :lol:

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 13:10

osprey - cheating
nemesis - looks like a fat dragon
dragon - nice!

Zathos
x3

Post by Zathos » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 13:23

james_2k wrote:osprey - cheating
nemesis - looks like a fat dragon
dragon - nice!
Cheating my arse :shock:
If they give you a big gun you should use it :twisted:
M3s are great for dogfighting but when you want total destruction you need the big toys.

Or perhaps Valentino Rossi should quit Honda and ride for someone else 'just to make it interesting'....
..Oh wait he already did that :oops:
Perhaps there is something in this :?
..Naaa, Big guns all the way :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 13:28

I shall shortly be buying and equipping 5 teladi ospreys and assembling them in fixed formation positions in Seizewell. Then piloting a range of other destroyers and corvettes from my fleet, I will find new and enjoyable ways to blow them up.

Such is my personal dislike of the Osprey. It will be money well spent. -

You get some rather interesting pilot messages doing this (found this out in a friendly fire incident where my nemisis accidentally blasted my odysseus "you would do this?!! you would declare war on the Paranid empire!!! I surrender ship!)

High_Pinger
x2

Post by High_Pinger » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 14:14

How ironic everyone else puts up threads complaining about the overkill of the osprey and then someone puts up a thread saying its sh** completely contrary to everyone else. I think he's having a laugh.

ClaumaniC

Post by ClaumaniC » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 16:50

Dragon for personal use.Osprey best all-rounder>.(<<but it's DAMN ugly)
[A fresh start]

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 16:58

twilight_echoes wrote:I shall shortly be buying and equipping 5 teladi ospreys and assembling them in fixed formation positions in Seizewell. Then piloting a range of other destroyers and corvettes from my fleet, I will find new and enjoyable ways to blow them up.

Such is my personal dislike of the Osprey. It will be money well spent. -

You get some rather interesting pilot messages doing this (found this out in a friendly fire incident where my nemisis accidentally blasted my odysseus "you would do this?!! you would declare war on the Paranid empire!!! I surrender ship!)
i started to shake my head whilst reading this, but when i got to the target practice bit, i stopped. well done! :) :) :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”