Best fighter for hunting khaak?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bad Karma

Best fighter for hunting khaak?

Post by Bad Karma » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 10:44

Hey all,

Have lost a couple of transports to those triangle dudes :evil:
Need some advice on the best fighter and weapons load out to go on a hunting trip, for some of these little buggers.Nothing like a fine red revenge to take the sting from a loss of credits and equipment :skull:

Mon Mothma
x3

Post by Mon Mothma » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 10:54

Perseus, or vulture. PSGs for the m5s, HEPTs for the m3

D.P
x2

Post by D.P » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 10:57

a wasp missile will take out a an M5 no prob
Excuse my spelling I’m dyslexic!!!

Hugoman
x2

Post by Hugoman » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 10:58

the thing to worry about is that they attack in swarms
without pie there is only chaos

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 11:01

Then take the Nova. The rear turret will stop most missiles and the 75MW shielding will stop all lasers.

barrymid
x3tc

Post by barrymid » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 11:02

nova for khaak m3 or unbroken cluster or khaak swarm to pick off khaak m5 away from the m3 split mamba got speed to keep up most the khaak m5's

Hugoman
x2

Post by Hugoman » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 11:03

OR use a dragon
without pie there is only chaos

Bad Karma

Post by Bad Karma » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 11:08

thanks I'll give some of these a try....the HUNT is on :twisted:

High_Pinger
x2

Post by High_Pinger » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 11:21

Perseus or orinoco because of the power of the beta psg.

patherton

Post by patherton » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 11:27

If you're attacking a Swarm in a fighter, make sure you take out the M3's first.. If ignored they will take you out VERY quickly..!

Bad Karma

Post by Bad Karma » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 11:44

Once again....thanks for the tips....I'd been working on my trading not alot on the combat side of things.still cruzing in my argon discoverer when not in my mining vulture.Decided its time i looked for something with more fire power.

OdinValhik
x4

Post by OdinValhik » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 12:51

High_Pinger wrote:Perseus or orinoco because of the power of the beta psg.
Indeed, hitting a cluster with 3 beta PSG wipes it out after 10-20 sec :) I get 1-2 fps in the most intense moments though ;)

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 13:07

Pointless really
When i first got the game i killed the clusters too but there is no point it will only respawn 5 sec later on the other side of the map and take out one of you transporters. Khaak design is just cheating to compensate for poor programming

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 13:15

lLongshanks wrote:Pointless really
When i first got the game i killed the clusters too but there is no point it will only respawn 5 sec later on the other side of the map and take out one of you transporters. Khaak design is just cheating to compensate for poor programming
They don't just respawn in sector automatically, although at some point they will - care to elaborate on the programming comment ??

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 13:51

Gazzareth wrote:[

They don't just respawn in sector automatically, although at some point they will - care to elaborate on the programming comment ??
Get a few points in combat rating and they spawn non stop. I dont mind the odd fight here and there but the Khaak just wont stop spawning no matter how many you kill.
The AI control of all ships is very bad they fly away turn around and fly at you shooting. Often trying to ram making no use of strafe drive or speed control or even some co-operation. Unless you are the first to meet the cluster the little ships will do their own thing and allow you to pick them off one at a time.
To make up for this the Khaak will
1,Ram nearly every fight as they dont lose anything not even speed if they take damage
2,Has greater range instant hit weapons so its near impossible to avoid (this isnt too bad)
3,Has never ending supply of ships that just keep respawning that will spawn on top of transports and instantly kill them

This is nothing but annoying. I dont play games to be annoyed i play to be entertained

Pat once
x2

Post by Pat once » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 13:59

I use a boring barra, now I just fly in and kill everything. I've gotten good at dog fighting.

But the tactics I used to use are -
fly to missile range target cluster with E key
launch wasp missile target next and repeat until they attack.

The wasp missiles will kill M5s with one hit and if you kill enough you can take out the rest with your guns.

For the M3 use a fast sweeping attack when you go past turn, match speeds and follow firing, if it gets away dont follow, boost speed to max and reengage with another attack.

For weapons an ID strips away thier shields and a Beta Hept for thier hulls just about one hit will kill a M5. Even an M3 wont last long.

As far as I know they dont respawn but after awhile you get a new swarm.
The Xenon L makes the Nova look like it has one foot nailed to the floor.

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 14:05

Mamba, defo. It can carry twin BHEPTs for the M3, whcih can also take out an M5 with two single blasts. And WASPs.
It's also got a speed of 286 which allows you to hunt them down rapidly.
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Bad Karma

Post by Bad Karma » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 14:24

I think I like the speed factor,my aim needs work so I'd kinda like to be able to bug out and circle back should the need arise :D

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 14:54

For Khaak hunting, nothing beats the Osprey. I've got mine loaded with 5 BHEPT's and 1 GPAC. When I was using my Nova, it was alright for taking on a couple of them and I could take on a swarm but the Osprey (bought it on recommendation from someone), it rules for taking on clusters. I bought one a couple of days ago and have been having a lot of fun in Presidents End with it. I set it on "attack my target" and it starts to clear house. My combat points go up quickly. :)

Bad Karma

Post by Bad Karma » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 15:08

Who makes the Osprey?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”