Xenon respawn rate

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

b-b-q
x2

Xenon respawn rate

Post by b-b-q » Sat, 3. Apr 04, 11:26

*minor spoiler ahead*

Does anyone know how long it takes for the Xenons to respawn their cap ships in their sectors? I have deliberately left the shipyard intact, but they aren't sending new cap ships to the sector that I cleared out. Also, will the destroyed xenon stations and spp's respawn?

Lastly, is there a way to 'force' the J's to launch their docked fighters? Either they aren't launching or are launching extremely slowly. My preference would be to blow them all up for a slighlty larger increase in combat rank (is still taking forever though) as I don't think destroying a cap ship with docked fighters will give you any extra points.

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Sat, 3. Apr 04, 11:33

I`ve found that they send replacement ships out almost immediately but they have to fight their way through several sectors to get to their destinations.

I just shoot once at the J then fly away on SETA, it launches fighters one at a time so you have to wait a bit.
If you can`t dazzle them with dynamics, then baffle them with bullsh*t :D

b-b-q
x2

Post by b-b-q » Sat, 3. Apr 04, 11:38

Sir Crashalot wrote:I`ve found that they send replacement ships out almost immediately but they have to fight their way through several sectors to get to their destinations.

I just shoot once at the J then fly away on SETA, it launches fighters one at a time so you have to wait a bit.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have assets in all the sectors between the shipyard and the xenon sector that I cleared out, but there has been no cap ships taking that route for a long while. Do you know if this is because I wasted the xenon station too? Maybe they no longer think it is 'their' sector?

Will the station respawn?

I am really hoping I didn't screw up that sector, as I *want* the xenons to keep respawning. If you kill cap ships in the sector WITH the shipyard, are they supposed to send out a new one immediately too?

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Sat, 3. Apr 04, 11:41

I`ve never touched the sector with the shipyard mainly due to the fact that I get too much lag in that sector so cannot fight properly. :(

Which Xenon sector did you clear ?

The Xenon Stations I blew up respawned ok after a while but I`m not sure if the SPPs do.

b-b-q
x2

Post by b-b-q » Sat, 3. Apr 04, 11:44

Sir Crashalot wrote:I`ve never touched the sector with the shipyard mainly due to the fact that I get too much lag in that sector so cannot fight properly. :(

Which Xenon sector did you clear ?

The Xenon Stations I blew up respawned ok after a while but I`m not sure if the SPPs do.
I wiped out the sector near Nyana's Hideout. Don't remember the number. This was actually done on Thursday but I haven't seen any reinforcement move through yet.

How long did it take your xenon station to respawn?

(I don't seta very much perhaps it needs more time?)

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Sat, 3. Apr 04, 11:48

In my experience, that sector refills really quickly as there is little inbetween that and Xenon 472 to stop them.

I`ve even had the replacement Ks start to arrive before I`ve finished clearing the sector...

Did you destroy the shipyard at some point ?

b-b-q
x2

Post by b-b-q » Sat, 3. Apr 04, 11:54

No I never once touched that shipyard. I may have to go back to a save game before I attacked that sector and try it in a different way. I just took in an Osprey with BPSGs and went on a rampage I'll loose a couple days of progress but it will be worth it. I think I'll leave the station alone and maybe try to only take out one cap ship and look to see what happens. It must not like something that I have done but I have no clue what it was. Killing one thing at a time might tell me what the problem was.

Anyways thanks for the help. I'll have a courier send you a large crate of spaceweed. :D

High_Pinger
x2

Post by High_Pinger » Sat, 3. Apr 04, 14:43

Don't go back to previous save, i did exactly the same thing you did, including blowing up the xenon station and it just took a very long time fo that sector to refill. I tried to see what the problem was by visiting the xenon shipyard and i found that all the capital ships it had built were busy fighting a paranid odysseus. Just give them time and they will sort out whatever the problem is and they will come, be patient.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”