So I dropped a Rimes Factory in the Wall...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jester688

So I dropped a Rimes Factory in the Wall...

Post by jester688 » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 17:17

I placed a Rimes Factory in The Wall, along with my two Wheat Farms..placed one wheat farm on "do not sell" to stock my Rimes Factory... Right before it arrived, I had my two Expresses, and Manta loaded with Wheat and E-Cells....

The Rimes Factory with this support work great...a litle micro management at first...but that is common with a any new Factory...

Going for a Weapons Factory next.....anybody else do something similar?
Anyone ever place a SPP in the Wall? and make money their? stiff competion..... :)

Paris_Hilton

Re: So I dropped a Rimes Factory in the Wall...

Post by Paris_Hilton » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 17:20

jester688 wrote:I placed a Rimes Factory in The Wall, along with my two Wheat Farms..placed one wheat farm on "do not sell" to stock my Rimes Factory... Right before it arrived, I had my two Expresses, and Manta loaded with Wheat and E-Cells....
Did EXACTLY the same in my previous play :wink: But I also had a CFab and a Cahoona Bakery there

Remy
x3

Post by Remy » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 17:20

i'd not bother with weapon fabs..they dont turn over much profit..go for a massom mill and a fighter drone fab instead..the only good reason for a laser fab is if you're gonna use them yourself :)

Paris_Hilton

Post by Paris_Hilton » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 17:22

There is no point of building weapon and shield factories unless you wanna use them to supply your own fleet

jester688

Post by jester688 » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 17:27

Ok, rethinking then....

Drop a Cattle Ranch, then Cahoona Bakery, and then Wasp Missile Plant...

My nearest Ore Mine is in Herons Neb....can not remember, Does The Hole have asteroids, that possibly have ore? I don't remember any asteroids in the Argon Prime or The Wall.....

Ty.

Timbuk2
x4

Post by Timbuk2 » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 17:50

Oh big fat hairy arse.

I'm just in the process of setting up a Beta PAC loop involving 8 factories in Herrons Neb. A Beta PAC can store up to 20 lasers so seemed more liable to be profitable than the larger weapons fabs which can only stock 2 at a time.

I wanted this loop as a money-spinner, nothing more. But you guys are saying weapons and shield factories don't make money?

What does? Missile forges?
I have a fighter drone loop in Seizewell which is happily chuntering out money and this was gonna be my first weapon-selling loop.

Shall I give up now and restart from a savegame and not bother with the Beta PAC?

jester688

Post by jester688 » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 17:55

I have heard....SAT Factories do well, as well as Missile Fabs....
but the common "answer" on Weapons FAB's is "build them for your use"
not to sell...

Me, I would like a "unlimited supply" of wasp's....and if it sells BONUS :D

Beta1
x3

Post by Beta1 » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 17:57

satfacts do make money but require some odd resources (magjlit etc)

I have a satellite loop spread across three worlds and cloudbase NW and it makes a mint - but then thats a lot of factories to setup...

ArgonTrustedLoony
x2

Post by ArgonTrustedLoony » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 18:23

All factories make money if placed in the correct situation it's just a case of how much they make. I think what people are saying is that weapons factories just don't tend to make money as fast as some other factories.
Every hour injures, the last one kills.

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 19:15

Subaru Impreza WRX wrote:There is no point of building weapon and shield factories unless you wanna use them to supply your own fleet
Wasp missile
BHEPTS
25MW shields

All of the above I'm making myself.

*maybe* I'll make
GHEPTS
GPACS
BPACS
125MW shields
Mosquitos
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

jester688

Post by jester688 » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 19:22

Realistically if you can support one Missile Factory, then its just a matter of building the others, in the same sector, and the infranstructure to support them...

SO, basically...like me...I am going for a WASP missile Factory...eventually I will build a SilkWorm, and then Mosquito Fact..

But, that is just a future thought...

Paris_Hilton

Post by Paris_Hilton » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 19:55

Fighter drone factory, which is cannot be categorized as a weapon factory, is highly profitable, as many people said.

Weapon factories production cycle is too long and you only get very small profits from them, that's why they are considered not profitable.

GHEPT and GPPC are so scarce in the universe. Those are the main weapon for your corvettes and capships. I'd suggest you to build them :)

jester688

Post by jester688 » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 20:57

Nearest Asteroid Field to THE Wall Sector? not PE...thanks...

the_conquerer_cgi
x3tc

Post by the_conquerer_cgi » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 21:04

I have a 1MW shield fab in Pres.End, selling price set to maximum. Makes a tidy profit.

Yes, if your goal is to run an SPP empire strictly for money, don't bother with any other type of station. That isn't stopping me from setting up every class of sheild fab and gamma weapons facts, as well as various stations to 'fix' the ecomony. I already got the Argon Prime area running much better with four wheat farms littered around. It doesn't turn a lot of profit, but there is more equipment in the docks lately. :wink:

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 21:04

Timbuk2 wrote
What does? Missile forges?
I have a fighter drone loop in Seizewell which is happily chuntering out money and this was gonna be my first weapon-selling loop.
You might be interested to know that Seizewell will actually support [/i]TWO[/i] drone fab loops which will both stay sold out!! Careful on the silicon supply though!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”