Capping the biggest with the smallest

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Strickfu
x2

Capping the biggest with the smallest

Post by Strickfu » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 15:07

Has any one capped a big ship M1, M2 or M6 with a small class M3, M4 or M5 ship?

Is it possible?

If so how did you achieve this feat of skill?

I tried taking down the M1 in herron neb last nite in a boron mako with Ion Ds and GHEPTs (was bored after mining all night and wanted a change) I died..... v. quickley.

Any Ideas?

Ruh Roh
x2

Post by Ruh Roh » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 15:15

In the normal course of the game you can not capture anything above m3. The exceptions are M6 during an assasination mission (yes people have capped one in an M3, but they are rarer to cap in 1.4). And Xenon K in "the xenon are chasing me" missions after AceofAces 1st.

Other than that nope... can't cap them...

Can kill them... But not cap.

An M3 COULD be used to kill a M2 or M1 but it would take a really long time, m4 or m5 I highly doubt but someone will probably come by and say they killed one in a bayamon or something.
-Ruh Roh

Mattremote
x3

Post by Mattremote » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 15:37

OK, I have not yet captured an M6 or a K2 with a fighter, but I have played capture tag with M6s while piloting fighters and TP Iguanas. Problem is I got bored and killed the M6s off. I am certain that had I elected to keep zipping around while burning the M6 with my Fighter and Iguana Ion Disrupters, the M6 pilot would have bailed eventually (I just lost patience and switched back to guns). I do not believe that certain Assassination Mission ships are tagged "capturable" and other not. I think that all are capturable given lots and lots of patience. I certainly think it is possible flying a Bayamon, assuming very sharp piloting skills and hours of patience.

I've captured a few M6s with other M6s and with M2s, but am not yet of sufficient combat rank to capture any K2s.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”