how to make your own asteroid feild

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

how to make your own asteroid feild

Post by Guest » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 21:26

after reading some of the other posts about folks hiding in the big asteroid in the xennon sector north of gf and then said asteroid getting blown up around them i decided for a laugh to go there and blow it up my self . so i did . and presto a medium sized asteroid feild . i only had time to scan a couple of the asteroids and they had 20 and 36 ore content. seemed quite hig to me . i had to scarper though because of incomming k and a js making a beeline for me . i dont think you can put an oremine on them though i suppouse you could mobile mine them . i never tried mobile mining . . hm theres something i havent done yet !!!!!!!!

fuzzywuzzy
x3tc

Post by fuzzywuzzy » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 21:28

They arn't really asteroids.

Post by Guest » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 21:33

hm then what could they be? what could they be? :)

khope194
x2

Post by khope194 » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 21:39

From what I've read of mining, and I could be wrong as I've not tried it, you can pick them up and they automatically become ore, or silicon ro whatever the asteroid was.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 21:40

They're just rock fragments of the asteroid and they'll disappear after a little while. If you've ever done any mobile mining, you'd know that, because if you're slow to pick up the rocks, you'll lose out. Anyway, Ego did this to keep the framerates from turning into the slideshow of the week. Imagine if players went around and blew up all the asteroids in Ore Belt, how many asteroids/rocks there'd be floating around!!

Just so you know, the number of rocks produced by each 'roid is equal to the yield. So a 64-yield 'roid in Ore Belt would almost double the total floating rock count!! If you blew up every 'roid in OB, you'd end up with literally thousands of rocks, way more than the game could handle. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Post by Guest » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 21:58

hmmm game of "asteroids" anyone ? now what ship? ah ah a khack m3 :lol:

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 22:27

What is the time of respawn of asteroids taht you ahve mobile mined?
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 22:32

Legion400 wrote:What is the time of respawn of asteroids taht you ahve mobile mined?
It's random, and longer than 3 days. At least when I mined Ore Belt completely out, the first respawn occurred over 3 days later. After that, they appeared slowly and randomly.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

fuzzywuzzy
x3tc

Post by fuzzywuzzy » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 22:33

Good. So they do come back....

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 22:35

fuzzywuzzy wrote:Good. So they do come back....
In exactly the same place (unless you've built a factory there :wink: in which case, it's nearby ) and exactly the same yield. :)

fuzzywuzzy
x3tc

Post by fuzzywuzzy » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 22:37

Awww.... So killing them won't make them change?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 16:50

fuzzywuzzy wrote:Awww.... So killing them won't make them change?
Nope.

Cheers Euclid

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 16:53

Ah good thx

What are the main asteroid sectors part from Ore Belt and Seizewell?

Because i want to do mobile mineing at the start but i might reconsider if they respwan 3 days after and that there isnt that many (If u kno wot i mean)

EDIT:

Oh yeah could you tell me wot Argnopedia means by sparse etc in asteroids in the sectors? I cant tell teh dif between certain ones and its driving me crazy
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

Atmus
x2

Post by Atmus » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 17:54

Do the Nividium roids respawn too I hope? I mined a few of them out and they havent come back for almost 5 days.

JamieKnowles
x4

Post by JamieKnowles » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 18:17

Yep, they do. :D

Ruh Roh
x2

Post by Ruh Roh » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 19:40

Nanook wrote:
fuzzywuzzy wrote:Good. So they do come back....
In exactly the same place (unless you've built a factory there :wink: in which case, it's nearby ) and exactly the same yield. :)
Oh drat.. I heard they have a random yeild upon respawning... Well shucks was hoping to have some more good ones spawn after blowing a couple up.
-Ruh Roh

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”