Your Mission (if you choose to accept it)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DickusMaximus
x3tc

Your Mission (if you choose to accept it)

Post by DickusMaximus » Tue, 7. Dec 04, 03:41

Looking for something amusing to do ?
like a set piece battle ?
ok heres something

first you need 25 laser towers and either two titans or an equivalent in corvettes (got to be argon though ) + 1 M3 (no psgs) of your choice.

no psgs but ion'ds are acceptable.

1) Arrange an ambush with titans and aforementioned lasertowers in omicron lyrae.
2) using your oddy ( this use of psgs is necessary to arrange things :D) wipe out the K's and J's in xenon sector 347.
3) get back to Omicron Lyrae dump the Oddy somewhere else and get into your M3 and command the defence of Omicron Lyrae.

The challenge - should you choose to accept it is to get as many K's and J's as you can before a single ship breaks through to nyanas Hideout where Mi Ton has been chained up outside the jumpgate holding a sign says 'Xenon wear big girls blouses'.
Should a single ship get through - the challenge is over.
Oh yes and you need to count the K's and J's that have been massacred and post them here.
I just got 14 K's and 6 J's and I thought I had things under control ....sigh.
Gotta go again though ..it was great fun.
For that TP tour with a difference. Come see Xenon sector 596.

Ruh Roh
x2

Post by Ruh Roh » Tue, 7. Dec 04, 15:40

Why the titans and laser towers?
-Ruh Roh

Feersum
x3tc

Post by Feersum » Tue, 7. Dec 04, 16:12

Why not? Sounds like fun :)
Comin' in on a wing and a prayer
Though there's one motor gone
We can still carry on

Ruh Roh
x2

Post by Ruh Roh » Tue, 7. Dec 04, 16:45

Well all you really need ot do ity put the laser towers at the gate so when they zone in it fires at them. Then sit there as werll, fire a few shots and strafe... They will shoot at you while you avoid their shots and your towers pick them off. Killing them all with an M6 or M3 only would be more measure of difficulty to me.. but ./shrug do waht makes you happy.
-Ruh Roh

DickusMaximus
x3tc

insanity

Post by DickusMaximus » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 06:16

its a personal friend of mine.
I thought it might be fun to try, we have too few set piece battles in X2 and I thought it would make a nice challenge.
The titans are because its human space and so is part of the scenario. This could also be done in boron or split space- whatever takes your fancy :D
For that TP tour with a difference. Come see Xenon sector 596.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”