need to make money new at game!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MOW!!!
x2

need to make money new at game!

Post by MOW!!! » Sat, 22. Jan 05, 16:00

ive juat started the game and at the bit where uve gotta get freaindly with the paranid to get the LFL device but i need to get a ship for personal use and a ship 4 capping because ive only got my disco. :oops:

what would be the best ship for personal and capping? and if i need to make money to get the ships how do i do it? :?
DGT

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Sat, 22. Jan 05, 16:04

The often recommended route is to capture a bayamon in your disco. Use it to capture an M3, cap a few other things for selling, sell them, fix up the M3 and use that.

Melter
x3tc

Post by Melter » Sat, 22. Jan 05, 16:05

Your Disco will do the job perfectly with Wasp missiles, 7 hits from Wasp missiles bring the Pirate ship's shields down to the required 87% hull.
If you want to go with the capture money making route then just forget the trade ship for now, cap a load of Pirate ships and then buy whatever you want with the pile of cash you have levered away from the Pirates ;)

Get the shileds maxed on the Disco though - and keep the speed up if you hear that any enemy missiles are detected.

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Sat, 22. Jan 05, 16:07

at your stage for capping you want a Mako or Bayamon (Boron and Pirate M4s), and they make fine personal ships too.

Getting a Bayamon is possible in a Disco, i did is when i only have 1MW of sheilding.... but it helps if you have a lot of practice capturing before hand. You can either use the missile aproach, or just fry min jently with 2xGIRE till the shield come down, then use something weaker to file away at the hull.

Beware that getting in front of a M4 when you are still in an M5 is a BAD idea, you wont last 10 seconds, and that if you are lucky.

If you just want to earn some money to get the ships, look at the courier runs on BBS, or the small size delivery missions. If you have the Mercury from a couple missions back you can either directly control it and earn money trading that way, or you can send it to a sector remotely and look for decent buys, then send it to the next sector and try and find somewhere to sell the stuff.

MKIII auto-trading is probably a bit expensive for you at the moment, as is station building.

hope that was of help
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

JonR
x3

Post by JonR » Sat, 22. Jan 05, 19:06

If you cannot fine a bayomon a pirate Mandalay(M5) will do quite well because it can take twin BPAC and can capture orinoccos (pirate M3)

MOW!!!
x2

Post by MOW!!! » Sun, 23. Jan 05, 14:32

Thanks for all your help ive got a bayamon now with 2 alpha particle accelerator cannons and 2 gamma impluse ray emmiters and its maxxed on shilds and speed. :P

But the guns dont cause much sheild or hull damage because there only cheap guns and i have to resort to crashing in to people to get their shilds down, and my boost extention and freight scanner always get destroyed what would you advise? :oops:

And where can i get the guns from? :?:

can u tell that im a n00b at this game :lol:
DGT

stu25

Post by stu25 » Sun, 23. Jan 05, 14:58

MOW!!! wrote:

But the guns dont cause much sheild or hull damage because there only cheap guns and i have to resort to crashing in to people to get their shilds down, and my boost extention and freight scanner always get destroyed
Like it.. :D

Just a Noob but already disovered this....Never forget this mate, no matter what ship youre in this will always happen lol.

The guns are available in Equipment docks, different races sell different guns. If you attack a ship from behind, espec the Bayamons, then you can usually cap one with full weapons loadout, thats the easiest way. Otherwise youll need a coupla hundred thousand I think to get 4 PAC's, cant remember which are the max for the Bayamon. If you can afford an Ion Disrupter available from
Spoiler
Show
Boron EDs, 225000 each
then it helps for capping. Usual route now though is to cap an Orinoco, then you're away whatever/whenever/however/whoever you want, the Orinoco is the best all rounder...and its free.

Then for easy money buy a Solar Power Plant (Argon) or just keep fighting and trading for a slower build up. Take the BBS missions for race/rank points and extra money for easy trade runs.

Whatever you want really.
RIGHT ON COMMANDER!

private mofo
x2

Post by private mofo » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 21:21

yo,
just started a new game caus my old file was messed up with to much stuff everywere like my solar power plants and loads of rubbish ships pissing me off, but i just wanted to say in all this chaos when i started again and used this guide it was really handy.

One more thing where can i buy loads of the best guns in the game caus on my old files i have a telardi pheonix and condor, argon titan, argon destroyer, argon M6 (i fogot its name) and a boron shark and hydra. But they got taken out by pirates caus i left them unprotected with no weapons.
Dancing on the head of a pin is not a talent if the head of the pin is considerably larger then you........

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: need to make money new at game!

Post by Nanook » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 21:36

MOW!!! wrote:ive juat started the game and at the bit where uve gotta get freaindly with the paranid to get the LFL device but i need to get a ship for personal use and a ship 4 capping because ive only got my disco. :oops:

what would be the best ship for personal and capping? and if i need to make money to get the ships how do i do it? :?
Don't be in such a rush to complete the plot. It's fairly short, and will leave you disappointed if you're just playing the game for the plot. Go off and do some trading, capturing, killing, etc. Build yourself an empire. That's what the game is really all about. Just think of the plot as something to do in between making yourself rich and famous. :D

If you approach the game that way, you'll find it much more enjoyable and longlasting, and you won't have to worry about having the right equipment to complete the plot missions. Happy X-ing! :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Remium
x3

Post by Remium » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 06:26

I started with a mako and the first Pirate Ship (generic kind) that I capped I fixed it up and used it.

I like it cuz the rear turret will often shoot the inbound missiles and ships trying to hurt me. I never tried the orinoco though primarily cuz the sell for so much money.

Now I'm in my Argon Nova and it's very nice. I was able to take on 5-6 ships at once recently, maybe more I was too busy to count, and I even took out an M-6 just for fun.

Not much scares me except for a large Kaack cluster or a lot of ships. Those stupid pirate pilots always seem to ram me after I take a missile hit. :evil:

Good luck.
Times fun when your having flies.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”