using an M6

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ken Parker
x3

using an M6

Post by Ken Parker » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 17:12

I've been swanning around in a Nova, great fun. but am thinking of upgrading to an M6.

Some questions:-

How do you Save game , as an M6 doesn't appear to be able to dock inside a Station. Surely you don't have to keep buying the Goner Save Game specials.

How do you Trade using an M6? They,ve got lots of storage capacity and surely, again, you don't have to have a transporter device or ferry everything up?

Is it as easy to capture Pirates as with a M3?

Which is best, GHEPT or Mass Driver

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 17:16

Use a M5 tender to get your jump fuel and to dock into stations to save/have a look at BBS etc
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

-XAAR-
x3

Post by -XAAR- » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 17:18

firstly G.H.E.P.T. secondly no you dont have to ferry everything up you can buy a freight-beamer from the goners, and unfortunately there is no way around the saving problem other than loads of salvage insurance, you can only dock at shipyards, and equiptment docks. though you can dock an m5 in you're m6, so choose both you're m6 and m5 wisely

have fun and depending upon which one you choose will depend upon what you will be able to do with it :)
NOTHING IS SIMPLE

Mavryn
x4

Post by Mavryn » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 17:19

An M6 can carry and M5 in its docking bay so you can use that to dock at a station and save that way.

M6s are usually better for combat in my opinion than trading as I've found it too much of a nuisance to ferry things back and forth with the M5

As for capturing, depends, you can put your guns on auto but that doesn't mean they are going to stop before the pilot bails and you destroy your target :) and what's the use of an M6 if you aren't going to use all your guns anyway?

I've never used an MD to cap pirates and MDs vs guns vs Ions are all a matter of personal preference

Mav

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Re: using an M6

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 17:21

Ken Parker wrote:I've been swanning around in a Nova, great fun. but am thinking of upgrading to an M6.
Its an almost inevitable move at some point.
Ken Parker wrote: How do you Save game , as an M6 doesn't appear to be able to dock inside a Station. Surely you don't have to keep buying the Goner Save Game specials.
Well its either salvage insurance, or, use an M5 (which can dock with an M6) to dock with stations and save.
Ken Parker wrote:
How do you Trade using an M6? They,ve got lots of storage capacity and surely, again, you don't have to have a transporter device or ferry everything up?
An M6 is a corvette, it's war ship. The navy, to the best of my knowledge, dont use Corvettes to do a bit of tradeing on the side :P

However, you are right, to trade, you need to ferry back and forth with the M5.
OR
Beam frieght across to a TS or another high capacity ship, then order it to dock, to actually trade stuff.

And if you thought those logitics were complicated, try tradeing in a TL!
Ken Parker wrote: Is it as easy to capture Pirates as with a M3?
An M6 isn't designed to take prisoners, its designed to destroy things. Capping in an M6 is tough, and not very rewarding. I suggest a more profitable carrier move would be Bounty Hunting with an M6. Bounty Hunting with an M6 is extremely profitable and cool :P
Ken Parker wrote: Which is best, GHEPT or Mass Driver
Depends wether you want to utterly destroy the target, or slowly wear them down ;)

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 17:26

I,ve done some good capturing in an Osprey, by just using the forward guns fitted with BPSG's.

Teladi Harrier is generally the best M5 to dock on the M6.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Ken Parker
x3

Post by Ken Parker » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 17:37

Thanks you guys for the prompt replies.

Guess I'll build up my Credits a little more untill I can afford a decent M6 with an M5 and transporter etc.

Currently I have 6 Power stations which will help me get some Credits and am Ranked to Vice Admiral.

private mofo
x2

Post by private mofo » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 17:48

just asking where are your 6 power plant caus i need some money to buy an m6. Also how do you set a ship to continually collect crystals for the power plant????

Cheers Alex
Dancing on the head of a pin is not a talent if the head of the pin is considerably larger then you........

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 17:56

If you buy the trade software mark 1 and 2 in the ship you want to collect ware, you can then set it's home base to the spp and in command console trade->buy ware for best price->crystals

You only need one of the trade softwares to buy and one to sell but I can't remember which is which :?, perhaps someone else can tell you this bit.

Ken Parker
x3

Post by Ken Parker » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 20:10

Power Plants are in :-

Kingdom End ( The best )
Paranid Prime
Family Whi ( The worst )
Ceos Defeat
Shore of Infinity
Trinity Sanctum

Shadey
x2

Post by Shadey » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 18:05

I use an M6 Osprey as my main ship (but don't trade in it). I found the best way to run it is to have a few extra weapons onboard so you can equip for the situation:

BSPGs and GHEPTS: "When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every mofo in the sector" :)

GHEPTS/BHEPTS: for normal combat (near friendlies, gates or stations).

Just front guns (turrets on No Orders) : for capping.

Another tip is to carry spare equipment (teleporter) in your m5 so you don't have to much annoyance from "X2 Random Equipment Loss (tm)". :)

My two cents.....

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 19:27

You can have your cake and eat it, too! :D

Get a Dragon and use a Pirate Mandalay as the M5 shuttle. That way, you get a very powerful and fast M6 coupled with the best M5 in the game for capturing, with it's APSG's. And the Mandalay has almost as large a cargo hold as the Harrier. And if you were fortunate to capture one of those hotrod Mandalays from mission 2, then you've got even a better combo. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

private mofo
x2

Post by private mofo » Thu, 3. Feb 05, 21:55

2 things
When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every mofo in the sector
i'm private mofo..... honest look
were fortunate to capture one of those hotrod Mandalays from mission 2
what do u mean hotrods???
Dancing on the head of a pin is not a talent if the head of the pin is considerably larger then you........

JonR
x3

Post by JonR » Thu, 3. Feb 05, 22:39

hotrod - more engine tunings - mine goes at 390

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Thu, 3. Feb 05, 23:00

JonR wrote:hotrod - more engine tunings - mine goes at 390
I would be happy with a Xenon N...if I could capture another one.
A new rig is in my hands now if only there was time...

EanX
x3

Post by EanX » Fri, 4. Feb 05, 03:09

Use your Nova to cap some xenon M5's in Xenon sectors, it's pretty easy..

You'll probably get some M4's as well.

The_T
x3

Re: using an M6

Post by The_T » Fri, 4. Feb 05, 03:37

Tsar_of_Cows wrote:And if you thought those logitics were complicated, try tradeing in a TL!
which is actually easier because you can carry around the TSes that you want.

As for the M6, they're great ships, everything you need to wipe out a xenon sector and massively boost your combat rank.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”