X³ Canada watch here!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

geestring

Post by geestring » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 05:23

err i have no idea what to do... I just want to start trading... first off... where can I buy a ship?

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 05:29

Try reading the guides in the sticky at the top of this forum, it will give you all the necessary information you will need to get started you lucky bugger!

geestring

Post by geestring » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 05:45

haha you still didnt get urs yet?

well my cds are still screwed....

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 05:50

I got my copy of X3 today from my local EB and like many others i had pre-ordered it. They too for some reason only had 1 copy, luckily i had no errors with cd2.

So either EB figured it wasnt going to be that popular and only ordered 1 copy per store to test how fast it would sell or Enlight screwed up majorily in distribution.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 05:52

geestring wrote:haha you still didnt get urs yet?

well my cds are still screwed....
No i didn't, and your not earning yourself any friends here, but at least i can contend myself in the knowledge that i will get a DVD that will work flawlessly. :D

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 06:28

StarWarsPwns wrote:seems like the availability in Canada is very limited. Like limited to only those who preordered. Not to mention that those that did arrive are messed up. Seems like a major screw up on the part of the publishers.

If you guys cant get your hands on it in Canada, I would encourage you to order it from UK, its a great game.

I don't think they'll be releasing the DVD version here. I don't think there were enough sales to warrant another release. Looks like this will be the only batch. Of course this is merely conjecture.
Did you pre order yours from EB Games Masonville? Cos so did I but they fulfilled someone elses order before mine, and I reckon it was yours!!

Lucky sod :)

KRJ
x2

Post by KRJ » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 07:45

:? I'm finding Enlights business practice to conflict with everything I know about capitalism... :?

Scallop
x3

Post by Scallop » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 12:48

I'm beginning to seriously consider just buying it from the egosoft store online, it could be faster....

boutinp
x3tc

Post by boutinp » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 15:12

BTW, has anyone here in Canada received their copy from the UK? How long did it take?

Thanks -Patrick

boutinp
x3tc

Got it!

Post by boutinp » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 18:16

Well, well, well. I just received my copy this morning. DVD from Leeds UK. Will wait for nightfall before giving this thing a try, it's a nice and sunny day here in Montreal (cold), and the glare is killing me.

I bled:
24.99GBP+8.50GBP=33.49GBP
Declared for duty 41.91$ CAN hence:
GST: $2.93 / PST: $3.36 = $11.29

Ouch, hope it's worth it.

PB

StarWarsPwns
x3

Post by StarWarsPwns » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 00:09

The Devil wrote:
StarWarsPwns wrote:seems like the availability in Canada is very limited. Like limited to only those who preordered. Not to mention that those that did arrive are messed up. Seems like a major screw up on the part of the publishers.

If you guys cant get your hands on it in Canada, I would encourage you to order it from UK, its a great game.

I don't think they'll be releasing the DVD version here. I don't think there were enough sales to warrant another release. Looks like this will be the only batch. Of course this is merely conjecture.
Did you pre order yours from EB Games Masonville? Cos so did I but they fulfilled someone elses order before mine, and I reckon it was yours!!

yea I did... hmm... they only had 1 copy. I don't see why you wouldn't have gotten yours first. I preordered it only recently.

StarWarsPwns
x3

Post by StarWarsPwns » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 00:09

The Devil wrote:

yea I did... hmm... they only had 1 copy. I don't see why you wouldn't have gotten yours first. I preordered it only recently.

refugee

Post by refugee » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 02:47

Japhus wrote:Well, if you really want to make it easy for the counter drone at EB to find it give him the SKU 2588143...
Wow impressive Japhus, you actually know the SKU or are you just making it up, because that would be really funny.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 02:50

boutinp wrote:BTW, has anyone here in Canada received their copy from the UK? How long did it take?

Thanks -Patrick
So far it has taken 13 days to no avail. I hear it takes 2 weeks which places it firmly on a saturday :( .

boutinp
x3tc

Post by boutinp » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 03:20

Sorry about that dng master, perhaps being on the East Coast, it swims on over a little quicker, just hang in there.

it took mine 10 days to get here.

Also, look on the bright side, I'm slow-witted and by the time your copy I'll still be toiling at the tutorial.

Patrick

Scallop
x3

Post by Scallop » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 13:23

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new from enlight or in regards to the release of X3. It would be only too ironic for me to send my money to the uk only to find copies in eb on monday.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 13:29

boutinp wrote:Sorry about that dng master, perhaps being on the East Coast, it swims on over a little quicker, just hang in there.

it took mine 10 days to get here.

Also, look on the bright side, I'm slow-witted and by the time your copy I'll still be toiling at the tutorial.

Patrick
It's actually dgn master (as in Dungeon Master) not dng but i'm easy 8) .

And at the rate it's coming to me i may as well swim to it.

I'm sure you'll make out fine, there isn't a tutoral per say, but the community here will be more than happy to help you get to xtreme before i get my copy.. :lol:

boutinp
x3tc

Post by boutinp » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 13:41

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Sorry I messed up the Dungeon part, that was an honest typo. I will go through the tutorials, eventually.

The game has a simulation section where I am practicing, once I get the immediate basics right I'll start going over the tutorials.

Patrick

StarWarsPwns
x3

Post by StarWarsPwns » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 14:15

why is there so limited availability in Canada. Plenty of other "niche" titles are rampent (i.e. Many of Dreamcatcher's games). But then again Dreamcatcher is based in Toronto. :\

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 14:19

Well if i must wait at least i can play a bit with my Avatar.

Don't feed the Trolls, What do you think of it? :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”