Who might like SETD

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheMIV
x4

Who might like SETD

Post by TheMIV » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 17:27

Singularity... decelerator u know

Might be useful fast fighter combats. :idea:

scoochy
x4

Post by scoochy » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 17:32

Like bullet time? Max payne/X3? Errrm...nope, not me
System Specs:
P4 3.00 ghz HT
256mb PCI-E 6800gt 78.01 drivers
2 gig ram/4 512 meg sticks
SB audigy gamer sound card
Albatron socket 478 MB w/ PCI-E slot

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 17:32

It would be cool to have kind of a Matrix thing going on in space wouldn't it?
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)
Have Scanner-Will Travel(X2)
WetWare's Ship Tweaks(X2)

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 17:35

Ermm.......No.

Dunners

TheMIV
x4

Post by TheMIV » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 17:58

It would be cool to have kind of a Matrix thing going on in space wouldn't it?

Yep, this is nice one.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 18:08

I already have that, It's called fighting in a sector with loads of Ai ships....

TheMIV
x4

Post by TheMIV » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 18:18

Very slowww fighting :D

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 19:08

I like the idea, but for a different reason.

I'd activate such a device to give me plenty of time to issue commands to wingmen etc. during fleet combat - would be most useful in that regard.

Scoob.

Arbalest
x3

Post by Arbalest » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 21:26

I thought we already had this, and it's why all these so-called "energy weapons" look like slow bullets flying from our ship, instead of traveling at lightspeed.

I wish game designers would get away from that WWII bullet idea. How come only the Khaak get real energy weapons? Fooey!

954flyer
x3

Post by 954flyer » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 22:14

Go pick a fight in Ore Belt or Argon Prime. It's turn-based combat there! :D

scoochy
x4

Post by scoochy » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 22:39

Scoob wrote:I like the idea, but for a different reason.

I'd activate such a device to give me plenty of time to issue commands to wingmen etc. during fleet combat - would be most useful in that regard.

Scoob.
Now that sounds good. Nothing worse than sitting in space not firing 'cause the hands are busy going through menus....
System Specs:
P4 3.00 ghz HT
256mb PCI-E 6800gt 78.01 drivers
2 gig ram/4 512 meg sticks
SB audigy gamer sound card
Albatron socket 478 MB w/ PCI-E slot

phiend
x3

Post by phiend » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 22:44

Well im sure if one of the future patches they release squashes some of those pointless taxis and M5s buzzing around im sure that we could at least have a decent scrap in Argon Prime :D

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 22:55

Now that sounds good. Nothing worse than sitting in space not firing 'cause the hands are busy going through menus....
Damn, don't ya just love intellegent people who agree with you :lol:

Scoob.

shasla5
x3

Post by shasla5 » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 00:14

Given the idiocy of the AI, it would be very helpful to have time to assign individual targets to your ships, and then give them another afterwards so they aren't picked off while just sitting there.
PC specs: Athlon 64 4000+, Geforce 7800 GT 256 MB, 2048 MB PC 3200 RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM, 500W, nForce 4 SLI dual PCI-E.

johnstrt
x3

Post by johnstrt » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 02:37

I think it's a great idea - have the option to take the jerkiness out of big battles, a bit more time to issue orders, and more opportunity for cool screenshots. Presumably it would just involve interpolating extra frames. Far as game logic goes - if they have devices to speed time up, presumably they can slow it down, too. Are you listening, Egosoft?

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 04:40

I think a better idea would be a pause that you could issue commands with. Nexus - The Jupiter Incident was like that and that was VERY handy.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 06:32

Scoob wrote:I like the idea, but for a different reason.

Scoob.
Wingmen?? Who needs wingmen - I'd prefer death than help :wink:

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 06:38

Arbalest wrote:I thought we already had this, and it's why all these so-called "energy weapons" look like slow bullets flying from our ship, instead of traveling at lightspeed.

I wish game designers would get away from that WWII bullet idea. How come only the Khaak get real energy weapons? Fooey!
Thats exactly it. They are enrgy weapons. Energy doesnt travel the spead of light and the plasma weapons and such are more like prjectile weapons.

The khaak do have energy weapons thats why their weapon is a line of energy and damn near insta hit and kill.

Also i like this idea but only if it had a timer on it or maybe it consumed energy from your ship. If you cxould just run it continuisly with no downsides to you (same weapon speed and ship speed) It would be no better than cheating

Arbalest
x3

Post by Arbalest » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 07:01

RaGodofTehSun wrote:
Arbalest wrote:I thought we already had this, and it's why all these so-called "energy weapons" look like slow bullets flying from our ship, instead of traveling at lightspeed.

Thats exactly it. They are enrgy weapons. Energy doesnt travel the spead of light and the plasma weapons and such are more like prjectile weapons.
Only in artificial game worlds like X3 does energy not travel at the speed of light. It's doubly insulting that all these weapons are called "lasers" throughout the game.
The khaak do have energy weapons thats why their weapon is a line of energy and damn near insta hit and kill.

Also i like this idea but only if it had a timer on it or maybe it consumed energy from your ship. If you cxould just run it continuisly with no downsides to you (same weapon speed and ship speed) It would be no better than cheating
To my mind, it's "cheating" to impose speed limits on things like lasers, to keep all the ships artificially close to each other in combat so it plays out like a WWII fighter sim.

In a "real" space combat simulation, instantaneous speed-of-light energy weapons would only work within a certain range, where you could be certain that what you're seeing as the target wasn't delayed too much by lightspeed limits over distance. That's assuming we were dealing with "real" space combat distances, instead of having to wait until a target is within 500 meters to shoot at it, like in X3.

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 07:46

To be honest you cant get all that insulted we have no idea what fighting in space would be like ^^ It would be almost impossible to have fighter craft like in all the movies and such because of the momentum and lack of gravity to alow them to manuver.

The ships that were worthy of fighting would be huge and lumbering having to travel at a snails pace so that they could slow down fast enough or manuver well enough not to hit anything. Lets set realism aside from the X universe k?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”