Don't get the best buy /best seller locator

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Spare-Flair
x3

Don't get the best buy /best seller locator

Post by Spare-Flair » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 14:51

Okay when I look at a good there is a MinCre and AvgCre and then the Difference.

When I am buying, I should always be looking for a positive diff to make sure I should get a good deal and when I'm selling, I look for a negative one? Is that right?

OddBall-aka-hippiejon
x3

Post by OddBall-aka-hippiejon » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 14:54

yep .
Dope will get you through times of no money - but money will NEVER get you through times of no dope .

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 14:56

MinCr is the minimum price you can buy the good(s) for. AvgCr is the average price of the ware.

Difference = AvgCr - MinCr
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 14:56

No, you always should look at the positive value, if it's negative it's bad.

myweb
x3tc

Post by myweb » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 14:57

In best buys, first column is the price that the station is charging for it. The second column is the average galaxy price for that good. Third column is the expected profit if you bought from that station and sold at average price. Positive=profit negative=loss.

RavingMonkey
x3

Re: Don't get the best buy /best seller locator

Post by RavingMonkey » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 14:58

Spare-Flair wrote:Okay when I look at a good there is a MinCre and AvgCre and then the Difference.

When I am buying, I should always be looking for a positive diff to make sure I should get a good deal and when I'm selling, I look for a negative one? Is that right?
I never could work that out either :evil:
The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

AMD Dual Core 64 3.0Ghz Windows 7.
6 GB RAM
512 N-VIDIA PCI-Express GeForce 9400GT
180 GB hard drive

Japhus
x3

Post by Japhus » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 15:49

I only use it to spot "potential" sales. For instance, you might find ore selling for 50cr but if all the stations in range are close to full and only buying at 52, 54, etc cr each then why bother?

That's why I have Adv Sat's all over the place, you can check to see if you have any customers really hurting for the product. IE buy Silicon at 232 and sell at 700+!!

I don't remember the exact numbers but near the start of my game I remember coming across a Cattle Ranch completely full of Agnu Beef and I filled my Mercury. I then visited every Cahoona Bakery in the original Argon sectors and eventually sold at a profit of 1 or 2 cr per unit...
Win7 64bit , 3.2Ghz Intel, 4Gig ram, ATI X5850

sprockit8
x3

Post by sprockit8 » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 16:04

I'm trying to figure this X3 trading stuff out myself. The Best Buy thingey convinced me that filling my Mercury with Thunderbolt Missiles was the thing to do. Since then I've visited a couple of dozen sectors looking for anybody at all to sell them to. There seems to be no buyers anywhere according to the Best Sell thingey.

Anybody know where I can unload these darn Thunderbolts?

Japhus
x3

Post by Japhus » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 16:05

Equipment docks should take them off your hands...I think.

Try and see.
Win7 64bit , 3.2Ghz Intel, 4Gig ram, ATI X5850

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 16:10

Yup Equipment docks are the way to go for Arms dealing. They will always pay the unmodified price for any weapon/missile/shield even if they dont normally sell the item in question.

But, they do have a limited number they can actually hold, so you may need to jump to a few different equipment docks to sell them all. But thankfully there's no real shortage of equip docks.

mrkdhrvy
x4

Post by mrkdhrvy » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 16:17

I placed a nav. sat. in every sector - and this allowed me to view the best buy/sell prices from anywhere in the universe. Simply select the nav. sat. from the map and scroll down to the best buy/sell option (assuming you have it installed in the ship you're using).
Now the problem is placing the nav. sat's in every sector... this can take some time and money.

Anyway, this is how you can find out where to sell the stuff you buy for cheap.

kalrus
x3

Post by kalrus » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 17:45

Be carefull cuz they dont work that good "well not in my game" just 10 mins ago i whent into Agon prime and used the best sell locator, it said (crystal fab m) 30 sillicon waffers were left at the staion, great i thought, anyway as i always do, im checking out other potential stations to sell to....And gues what, there was anoughter station that had only 10 silicon wafers left ..... Best sell my Arse. :wink:

sprockit8
x3

Post by sprockit8 » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 17:52

Okay, I'll start trying to lose the Thunderbolts at equipment docks. A related question: are we expected to remember the price we paid for freight, or does the game record this information somewhere for reference?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 17:55

It won't be long until you get a feel for buying/selling prices (stock level % is a good indicator), and won't need to write them down.

Buy for less than average. Sell for more than average. That's all that really matters.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

kalrus
x3

Post by kalrus » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 17:56

Good old fasion pen and paper will have to do you at the mo.... or a good memory. :wink:

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 18:04

And there's me, the most inefficient trader ever, who just uses the nav map and checks every stations price via that :P

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 18:20

Okay, I'll start trying to lose the Thunderbolts at equipment docks. A related question: are we expected to remember the price we paid for freight, or does the game record this information somewhere for reference?
Ok for 1 the best selling price locator is useless for weapons trading.
Saying that thou it dose have an advantage if you enter a sector with an EQ dock and your BSPL says no buyers for you thunderbolts then u can garantee the EQ dock has none and will by your entire batch.
This also applys to other weapons specially laser weapons find a dock that dose not hold the weapons u are carrying then dock with the station it will then be listed out of stock, so u sell lets say max stock 2. You sell 2.
:o still out of stock so you sell another 2 hit sell etc etc this will happen till you have sold all of the weapon u are carrying.
get the idea so when weapons trading always look for docks that don't stock the said weapon u are carrying and also weapons trading boosted you rank with the races pritty quickly :wink:

dazzoefc77
x3

Post by dazzoefc77 » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 19:05

And there's me, the most inefficient trader ever, who just uses the nav map and checks every stations price via that
You are not the only one, i don't have a problem dong it this way as i only realy look in equip docks and weapons facts anyways. Never liked best buys in x2, and i don't think its gonna grab me in x3 either.
No silly Teladi i dont lose profit, I get your ship

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”