Did you restart with 1.3 - any problems?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Did you start a new game with 1.3?

Yes - fresh install
22%
Yes - patched over old installation
31%
No - fresh install
1%
No - patched over old installation
33%
Not yet decided if I want to start a new game
1%
(Tried 1.3, but went back to 1.2.01 and still playing my old game)
6%
(X3 is shelved...)
5%

Total votes: 129

X-it
x3

Did you restart with 1.3 - any problems?

Post by X-it » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 10:09

It's a bit strange to read about how some are having problems with 1.3, and some are not.

Personally I have no problems; PSGs and mass drivers work with no performance loss, huge general performance boost etc. I did a complete re-install - removed the old installation and installed fresh and then patched - then started a new game on X-treme.

It would be interesting to see if there is a relation to how you guys patched and any problems.

If you're having problems, please tell if you did a fresh install and if you've started a new game or not.
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2 Ghz
OCZ 2048MB Dual Channel Platinum Edition RAM
WD Raptor X 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCIe 16x
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Lian Li Miditower PC6070BSCAND w/Hiper R580W PSU
Win XP Pro SP2 w/MS dual-core CPU hotfix

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 10:31

Started playing again, had been shelved waiting for the 1.3 patch.
Playing Bankrupt Assasin.
Performance a hell of a lot better now havent come upagainst any bugs as yet games running smooth now with default settings.
Seems strange thou most of the pirates that were all over teladi sectors have gone missing just getting the odd group moving throu now and again.
Saying that thou have only opened up teladi and split space so far.
Got good rep with Teladi but at war with the Boron :twisted:
Well I am a pirate :fg:
Did get a few Xenon moving throu Scale plate Green, made some good cash there capped a few L's and 1 M.
My ships a mamba Raider kitted out with 7 AHEPT's at the mo need an MD on the rear turret but not built up my rep yet with the Argon so just ploding on.
Don't understand why everyone is moaning about all the extra foe in the game I think its brill loads of potential caps to be had :twisted:
Got just under 3.5 mil in the bank now just off capping alone.
Anyway I'm very happy with the new version and loving ever minute :wink:

Elim Garak
x3

Post by Elim Garak » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 10:46

In 1.2 verison, I didn't have problem running the game in default map for custom game, but in plot, there were some little lags related cut scenes I think. I played till I had around 40 factories IIRC, then quitted for several reasons, not because of the game performance.

When 1.3 came out, I restarted and played both in plot quickstart and custom, then I learned that npc factories destroying themselves when there's no way to stop it and hostile capital ships destroying everything in any sectors, so I went forget it and quitted, but they aren't the only reasons I shelved X3. For performance in 1.3, I didn't have problem using psg flying in Odysseus over Xenon sector 101, I had like around 30 psg or so, plus some PPCs, maybe the game slowed down only a little, hardly to complain about. My pc is XP3200 @ 2.2ghz and 6600GT video card, 1GB ram. I didn't reinstall the game since I first got it, I installed every patches when they first came out.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 11:01

Elim Garak (another Trekkie, eh? :D),

I've also notices the 'new' enemy threats in my new game, but can not yet confirm if they destroy any factories or not, although they probably do.

As I was first exploring Paranid space in my starting Buster, I came across a Kha'ak carrier as well as lots of clusters in Priest Rings. I quickly crossed the sector and left. Last night I went back with a new Mamba, eager to try to take it out. All that was left in the sector was one cluster for me to take out. All factories still present, as far as I know. Going to check with Sector Planner to see if there are any missing.

As I have explored, I have encountered large amounts of Xenons (also K's) in several sectors, which have given me some fun and action.

If these Kha'aks and Xenons destroy any factories, I hope they respawn. Aren't factories supposed to respawn in 1.3?

Elim Garak
x3

Post by Elim Garak » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 11:16

hehe yep I'm a trekie :)

About destroyed factories, yes they do respawn. In other thread, there discussions about factories respawning in different sectors, sometime they multiply factories too much in a sector, so it would means I wished I had a factory puller to pull factories over there like tractor beam in Star Trek :). But the factories destroy themselves or push into sun or planet just for the kicks, that's even worse. I am not sure about sector planner, since I never used it before, but I have read about it. Is it a program that integrate in X3? BTW, I forgot to mention that I had onboard sound card, but I disabled it in bios which suppose to help performances in games. Some other game didn't run properly due to disabled sound, but X3 ran just fine without it.

Da_Junka
x3tc

Post by Da_Junka » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 11:17

In the end I was forced to go back to 1.2, not because of the glut of enemy but because of the drop to 1fps in some sectors, sound distortion and graphic corruption made 1.3 unplayable.
With 1.2.1 everything runs lovely again.

I tried every cure I could find, reinstalled drivers and was even thinking of a re-format until I read that others had tried this without success.

I would like to see a poll on how many of us where forced to downgrade, at a quick glance I could take a guess at about a quarter of X3 players.
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

RagX

Post by RagX » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 12:00

the "sector enhancements" (read: lots and lots and LOTS of mini-roids) tick me off completely (making me use the less-roids mod in the Script and Modding section to actually), but everything else was a definite improvement.

Now I can actually play the game fine with some form of reflection on my ship and get all crazy with the sexeh hull shapes :lol:

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 12:12

I find that the voices are all wrong with 1.3 even though they were fine prior to 1.3. If you remote command a ship to do something while docked you dont get a response until you undock Strange.

gpz1100
x3

Post by gpz1100 » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 12:56

Patched from 1.2.1 and got CTD's (had got rid of them in 1.2.1)
Fresh install and patched straight to 1.3 and still got CTD's

I don't accept that this is a hardware issue on my system because I run lots of hi spec games on here without a problem. Besides, it's well above minimum specs.

I'm also not prapared to do anything that would comprimise stability on the rest of my system just to get this game working.

While there are lots of great advice and ideas on this forum I can't help thinking it's a case of the tail wagging the dog.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 13:23

Didn't load after patching 1.2.01 --> 1.3 :sad:

Fresh install (1.0) and then patching 1.2, 1.2.01, 1.3 did the job.

However, got heavy lag followed by CTD during fights with psg and multiple sound effects. Turned 'glow' off and it seems the CTD's are rare now. Played 5 hrs. straight last night before CTD. Did not happen with 1.2.01.

Cheers Euclid

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 13:52

Fresh install, fresh game. A ton of bugs added, worse stability. No, 1.3 didn't do it for me.

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 14:05

reinstall, new game, no issues whatsoever, I was annoyed with the asteroid spam but blackrains mod fix that, and that was my only gripe.

Gavrusik
x3

Post by Gavrusik » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 14:07

Patched game, one issue with Mass Drivers, nothing since.

H.F._Mudd
x3tc

Post by H.F._Mudd » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 14:16

I patched over 1.2.01 to 1.3 and continued my game.
Began to see all sorts of FR loss that seem to be tied to weapons/combat in general.
Tried the common fixes: checked codecs :roll: , blah, blah, blah all to no avail.
Patched over 1.3 with 1.2.01 and everything runs really smooth except for very large battles.
Wanderin' the wastelands...

Derek M.
x3

Post by Derek M. » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 15:10

yes fresh install worked for me.

Frankenbeasley
x3

Post by Frankenbeasley » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 15:12

I had not long started to play the game as 1.2 and it was great apart from 4 or 5 CTDs and 2 or 3 BSoDs. These, I might add, were the only times my new comp has ever crashed.

Then I put the new patch on and restarted on Quickstart. It is a lot more challenging, to say the least. The universe is much more dynamic. I'm noticing a lot of new factories and a lot of old ones that are disappearing. The Silicon Mine in Herron's Nebula was the first to go... but, conversely, Queen's Space now has two. This is happening all over.

My first time back in Argon Prime after Mission 1 saw three Xenon Ms and a P crossing the system - that was quite a surprise. Mostly, performance has been improved but I do suffer a drop to just a couple of FPS during battles in some heavily rock-strewn systems. Even worse, during these battles I find that the graphics for my shots disappear - you can't see the rounds leaving the barrels, you merely see the target glowing when they are hit (if they are hit).

All in all, though, I like it despite the fact that I am, by nature, prone to the life of a trader rather than a mercenary. I am simply having to learn how best to adapt to the new condition of the universe.

I would also add that a friend of mine bought the game just after I did and was having extreme problems. He lives in the country and does not have internet access. I was unable to d/l the 1.2 patch for him from this site despite my best efforts. His vanilla game was unplayable with chopped sound and no way to ask for directions in the main quest. However, 1.3 let me d/l it at last and, on Christmas eve, I was able to drive out with a patch on CD for him. Since he is a battle-freak he is very happy indeed.

Faust
x3

Post by Faust » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 15:31

Patched over existing installation.

BIG performance and FPS boost :) , before 1.3 even the menu screen was at about 10fps. I'm surviving against the invasion, only about 10 freighters and 2 M6s down after 5hrs of play, and I've taken care of the one Kh'aak cap ship invasion I've seen.

Only problem is that a lot of "companies" are building facts that rival my own, and even though I remotely deal with all enemy threats I don't have much time, as of yet, to concentrate on the economy :roll: .

Maybe I'm just incredibly unlucky, but am I the only one that aims to have twice the recomended specs of a game and still pray it will run at all? With X3 I have about 20% over the rec requirements and it wotks better than Doom 3 HL2 etc for me, and FAR more stable (you should see the multicoloured clipping issue that is HL2 for me) and no noticeable bugs left, especially compared to RTW etc.

Anywho, I'm happy :) , and I know I can count on ego's community support in the future.

Faust
Whats more dangerous than a crazy Teladi with a PSG? Simple. One that knows what its doing...

Finding 1.3 tough? Try my guide!
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... ght=remedy

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 15:31

i tryed a fres install but with 1.3 the game just doens't run fine anymore
sound problems problems with my joystick so i am going back to 1.2.01
until patch 1.3

shadowfawx
x3

Post by shadowfawx » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 15:40

After 1.2.1 the only aspect of the game that I could enjoy due to performance issues were distant pirate battles at least 20 km away from high traffic areas. I was really enjoying this, as I was capping many ships in hopes I could use the revenue to start my trading as of the arrival of 1.3.

So 1.3 shows up and I am pleasantly surprised to see that Argon Prime is not a snail, actually it was running very well. I saw the new models of some ships as I flew to split fire, and was also impressed.

Then I found out that combat is impossible for me now, I dunno if its the PSG or what that does it, but once I'm fired upon the game freezes for bouts of 3 - 4 seconds, I cannot deal with this.

I ended up slinging my DVD across the room hoping to feel a bit better about the situation..... I didn't and now I have 3 pieces of X3 The Reunion.

Those 3 pieces of DVD will be the last thing to ever enter the doors of my home bearing the title Egosoft on it.

It really is a shame.

Kalthzar
x3tc

Post by Kalthzar » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 16:37

Started again went fine just a bit laggy in Ore belt etc,

However I go through any Xenon Secter and some if not ALL K's have No sheilds. None.

And The last mission?
Spoiler
Show
Ban Danna and his ships jumped in twice, so i effectivly had double the ships, of course 30 seconds later so did the Khaak.
recently been getting a couple of Sounds loops not sure if this was related to the autosaves from teh missions as removing it seemed to improve stability in 1.2.01

And Am i the only one not very scared of Khaak destroyers? You just run up to them and sit inside them where they can't shoot you. In a Nova? Anyone else? :?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”