PATCH 1.4 Requests

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

trekster
x3

PATCH 1.4 Requests

Post by trekster » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:10

-Built in Tutorial, as the Manual Implies, A tutorial to show you Navigation, Trading and Combat as a minimum.

-Visible Cockpits (very much adds to in game realism)

-Ability to purchase a Map of the Systems

-Help System (in game) to include a updated and accurate game manual- so that you can access and not have to leave the game nor take your eyes to read a paper manual
-=TRÉKSTER=-

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:14

u can already buy maps for sectors

bomb#20
x3ap

Re: PATCH 1.4 Requests

Post by bomb#20 » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:14

-The possibility to resize the windows to personal desires (i.e. the sektormap is usually to small, far to much scrolling going on!)

-Bring back the pure Pirate ships like the Pirate Orinoko!

-The Pirate station in Farnhams legend (where you catch Don Marani first time) should sell Pirate ships :D

-The Ability to combine captured Kha'ak ships into clusters! (They can do it, why can´t we when we got the ships? :( )

hmmm, that´s all i can come up with at this time :)

Kvalyr
x4

Post by Kvalyr » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:15

-Visible Cockpits (very much adds to in game realism)
That's subject to opinion. An in-game choice between Invisible/Visible cockpits would be preferable, as not everyone prefers having cockpits.

(/\)arped
x4

Re: PATCH 1.4 Requests

Post by (/\)arped » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:19

trekster wrote:-Ability to purchase a Map of the Systems

-Help System (in game) to include a updated and accurate game manual- so that you can access and not have to leave the game nor take your eyes to read a paper manual

First, the lack of being able to buy a map of the universe is for a reason, like not all the sectors have been discovered before and the exploring part of the game was especially focused on in X3 because so many people complained about X2 being too easy to explore. (Gates where nearly always in the same positions in every sector... With a few exceptions.)

Also there already is a help system in X3 just look for it, tis in options to view it all.

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:29

Lets just hope they can get the promised stuff working before we give them a wish list
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Guysmiley
x3

Post by Guysmiley » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:32

How about a slider bar in options for "Enemy AI Aggressivness"? One end is "Cool and mellow", the other is "Captain Insaneo". :D

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:33

-fix the sound loop problem
-option to turn on the reflections back on
-make mobile mining like in x2 not with those stupid mini asteriods that fill up sectors
-add all the correct models for ship's
-fix the text id thing in the joystick window

that's about it i think

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:36

Make a fix to the Nova Vanguard rear turret. (Although TheBypasserhas made a fix for now... Would be nice to have an 'official' one. Or even better for there to have never been a problem... ¬_¬)

trekster
x3

Post by trekster » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:37

Of course the option for cockpit on and off would be a given, and yes there is a Help System, very basic not too helpful for those just starting out, the stuff I listed is for someone new to X3 and not someone who has played previous X game series. :roll:
-=TRÉKSTER=-

NightSpirit
x3

Post by NightSpirit » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:38

I'd appreciate it if 1.4 would make the hotkeys for best buys and best sell work when you are commanding a remote ship. :) All the others seem to work but they don't and since they are right down the bottom it's a pain to scroll down when you are doing it so often as a manual trader.
Whedon: We will rule over this time slot, and we will call it... "This Time Slot".

Fox: I think we should call it... your grave!

Whedon: Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Fox: Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!

generalkorrd
x3

Post by generalkorrd » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:46

1) More grfx options ie: ability to reduce roid textures, station textures.

2) Better mouse control scheme.... freelancer style

3) Decoy launchers for missile avoidance would be interesting.

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:46

Oh yeah, it'd be nice for hotkeys to work when docked, they don't anymore in X3.

bomb#20
x3ap

Post by bomb#20 » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:49

Just remembered 4 more things

-being able to SETA whilst docked.
-A "Match target´s speed" key, which is standard in most other space sims (like Wing Comander or Freespace etc.)
-A "Target last Agressor" key 8also standard in other space sims... why not here?).
-When a ship or station gets destroyed I wanna know by whom. Was standard in X², but in X³ it does not tell u anymore :(

shadowfawx
x3

Post by shadowfawx » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:49

Possibly this time the patch would fix problems, rather than create new ones. Seriously folks it's time to outsource some help or something this is on the verge of being pathetic.

JonR
x3

Post by JonR » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 21:07

Um let me think 1 thing ...
wait could it be, NO MORE LEAVING YOUR SHIP TO CLAIM A CAPTURE!!
why must you tediously leave juz to order it to transfer info, also shift + e never seems to work for me and if i try to enter my ship through menus it doesnt work half the time.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=116904 ... a guide/review of M3s

Your shields in perspective ... be scared
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... ht=shields

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 21:09

(/\)arped wrote:Make a fix to the Nova Vanguard rear turret. (Although TheBypasserhas made a fix for now... Would be nice to have an 'official' one. Or even better for there to have never been a problem... ¬_¬)
Thanks, but mine one was pretty simple - it just replaced the model to the one from a different Nova (only mesh - specs are untouched)and that's all.. That was required because the Van's mesh (all the Novas, just like other fighters from a single family, feature different mesh scenes - you can see a slight difference between them) had a camera node missing.. THEY MUST ADD THE DAMN NODE!! So the official fix is prefered in any case..

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 21:24

JonR wrote:Um let me think 1 thing ...
wait could it be, NO MORE LEAVING YOUR SHIP TO CLAIM A CAPTURE!!
why must you tediously leave juz to order it to transfer info, also shift + e never seems to work for me and if i try to enter my ship through menus it doesnt work half the time.
thats what the override software is for, so u dont have to leave ur ship ;)

u could also use the script for the override software mk2

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 21:40

1.4 requests.
- the ability to move freight between two of my ships, docked at the same stations. Also when i'm not in the same sector or on the same station.

edit.
allmost forgot:
- fix the sound loop + freeze.

NightSpirit
x3

Post by NightSpirit » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 21:44

JonR wrote: also shift + e never seems to work for me and if i try to enter my ship through menus it doesnt work half the time.
Ahh, I had that the other day. I thought I was going mad. Left my buster to claim a ship I cap'd from a pirate and then couldn't return to either ship :( I had to dock at the nearest station before I could return to a ship. Would have been nice to have SETA for that :P
Whedon: We will rule over this time slot, and we will call it... "This Time Slot".

Fox: I think we should call it... your grave!

Whedon: Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Fox: Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”