1.3 smoother game play than 1.0 ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Infinity_squared
x3

1.3 smoother game play than 1.0 ??

Post by Infinity_squared » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 10:00

Hey everybody,

First of all, best wishes for 2006!!

I bought X3 a few weeks ago, but didnt play it so far bcz of the bugs and sluggish gameplay ... I have a medium performance PC. (the game worked, but was too slow to be playable).

After two patches, I wondered if performance was improved considerably, maybe in such a way that i can play it now??
Do u guys see any improvement in frame rates, load times ...
It is stated in the ReadMe of each patch that it improves performance, but I wondered if it is a condiserable improvement?

Ciao
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

tphater
x3tc

Post by tphater » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 10:43

1.2 and 1.2.1 improved fpses a LOT
1.3 gives a boost to performance but it also filles some sectors with asteroids resulting in a loss of fpses unless you have a good gfx card.
I am the one and only,the indestructible,fear me,cause i have a raging dragon and i'm not affraid to use it!
PAIN,SUFFERING,DEATH,it's all coming!
Terror feeds me,power flows through me,death is my ally!
Join me!
DIE!!!

boran_blok
x3fl

Post by boran_blok » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 10:48

1.3 gave a very noticable increase in performance. what I reccomend is to use 1.3 with the less asteroids mod (before you even start your game) see the modding forum for the mod.

RagX

Post by RagX » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 11:47

1.3 with the less-asteroids mod (starting a new game, trust me, 1.2 will spoil you with it's easy difficulty WAY too much) is perfect :) never had problems since (cept for when my cat jumps and starts rubbing against my joystick and so causes my ship to barrelroll straight into the closest asteroid. Damn I hate it when she does that while I'm trying to mobile mine).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”