2nd mission for x3 question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

davemarg
x2

2nd mission for x3 question

Post by davemarg » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 07:13

How in the hell do you hit anything in the 2nd mission while running through the city

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 07:15

Don't worry about the ones that are on your flank or unreachable just focus on who's behind you and then just start opening up as soon as you're even close to having them targeted. You'll be surprised how often you'll hit them.

Matthew The Mage
x3tc

Post by Matthew The Mage » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 07:21

Try turning your graphics to low.

Of course i am assuming you are talking about it being jumpy
it was in patch 1.2 not sure about 1.3

But when i turned down graphics to Low it ran smooth enough for me to finally finish it.

If you are having a hard time aiming make sure you laser guide is set to * the others are - and +
Use the k button to adjust it. Once on * it will help in your aiming it should flash blue on your target.

Hppswzd
x3

Post by Hppswzd » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 08:30

That mission was a hit and miss for me. Personally on the 1.2 patch or whatever it was, I could have a High and High with post filter on , we are talking maxed out, all setting maxed. With the 1.3 patch, even the low, low, none, none, and no glow, I was lucky where more than half the pirates hit the city buildings being destroyed. I personally knew all the missions, and knew when it was coming up, so I exit, set the settings for best framereate I can get on my system, and skated through, and hoped I complete it.

Many times I didn't, certianlly not, with any setting above stated.

I would love to know what Egosoft used, computer and settings. Come on they have to test it somehow. ( Hey egosoft what did you use?)

X3 is breath taking on maxed out setting in X2, X3 1.2 and 1.3 And I love all the astroids they put in, but slow my famerates to nill.

amd 64 3200
3200 1 gig ram
256 ati 9550
and nothin running not required to run the game
I get my system to like only 9 processes running ( takes like five minutes just to set my computer to play X3 1.3.

davemarg
x2

resolution to issue

Post by davemarg » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 12:15

decreased my video resolution and concentrated on the middle ships as suggested and fluked my way through this part - thanks a lot you guys for assistance

david c

Gert Arvesen
x3

Post by Gert Arvesen » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 17:19

Hello

Can somone please mail me a savegame just after this mission, i can not finish the mission, i only get one kill in town... over 100 try..

Gert@arvesen.dk

Thanks...

paulus103
x3

Post by paulus103 » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 20:53

As somebody who tried probably about 20ish times to complete mission 2

I have done it by keeping the graphic settings to low and for the first time
as suggested by somebody(thanks a million) played in window mode

Worked faultlessly :roll:

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 22:21

Turn the graphics settings down to minimum.
Use the mouse to aim
Fire in shortish (one or two seconds) bursts in the general direction of enemies. You'll hit them and kill them surprisingly often.

It only seems to take killing a couple of pirates to finish the city run, although maybe it depends on how well you did on the space section?.

Frame rate it seems is the key to success in this mission. The higher it is the easier it is to beat

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”