UT - Avoiding sectors

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ecniv
x3tc

UT - Avoiding sectors

Post by ecniv » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 17:09

Hi,

Just wondering - with a ut pilot if you set the race rank to foe does it avoid sectors owned by that race?

Or does it only apply to ships (so would still try to dock at the xenon spaceport for example) ?

Dont want to lose my ship but if that is what it is likely to do, I am not going to ut automatically!! :)
Alienware Area 51/7500, Geforce 8800 gtx, 2gb ram
Alienware laptop m5550, 2gb, 7600go
Commodore Gx9770, 4gb, quad q9300 2.5gHz , gtx 260 (replaced) - Vanilla game (no extra scripts except the upgrades from es)
*¥ Most posts written on an iPhone - please excuse mistypes/replacements ¥*

I'm not locked in her with you. You are locked in here with me. Watchmen-Rawlins

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 17:38

The foe setting did not restrict where a UT went in X2, maybe they changed this in X3.

It has been reported that not having no ships/stations/sats in a sector will prevent a UT going there. If it cannot see the prices then it won't visit.

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 17:46

Not true, UT's will go anywhere you've explored, nav sat's or not. Also, they'll motor happily through pirate and Xenon sectors. If you get the incoming message that one is under attack, be prepaired to jump it out quickly :)

Infinitesima

Post by Infinitesima » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 17:50

One of my UT's has a suicidal love of Brennan's Triumph and Mines of opportunity. I guess the only thing you can do about it is to blow up the stations in any sectors you don't want them to visit :twisted:

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 18:00

I jump my UT's that've been attacked deep into Argon space. They're the safest sectors in my game(pirates last about .002 seconds in AP) and always has a good buy they'll take. Usually, whatever deal they're after is gone by the time they trade that.

Seven05
x3

Post by Seven05 » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 19:26

If you can overcome the fear of an unsigned script throwing your computer deep into the bowels of hell you might want to try the Satellite Limited Mk3 Universal Trader. :)

Krevel
x3

Post by Krevel » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 21:10

Seven05 wrote:If you can overcome the fear of an unsigned script throwing your computer deep into the bowels of hell you might want to try the Satellite Limited Mk3 Universal Trader. :)
I use that script, too, and it's a real lifesaver. Since I installed it I've lost only one UT, and that in a dangerous sector I've since taken off the list. If you're going to use UT's, you should definitely give it a try.

Still, it seems to me that the Universe Map should have an option to select sectors as "off limits". Asked for it in X2 and X3. Maybe in X4 (God help us)!
There are two things we know are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And we're not sure about the universe.

Yeorin
x3

Post by Yeorin » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 21:13

I've lost -maybe- one UT, if that, in my entire game...and I have around 10 now I think. I'm not sure what's keeping them alive, but the few times they've been attacked they just jump to safety and continue along their way :?

Then again, I'm using the UT fix posted in the Script Testing forum...

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 21:24

Infinitesima wrote:One of my UT's has a suicidal love of Brennan's Triumph and Mines of opportunity. I guess the only thing you can do about it is to blow up the stations in any sectors you don't want them to visit :twisted:
that and not to wander there before you can deal with the area :D Brennans Triumph is my main base in all games... I dont explore it till I invade it :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”