How do i set up patrols

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mordis
x3

How do i set up patrols

Post by Mordis » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 18:19

hI. iTS MORDIS im having a weird problem, i have a few ships that i want to patroll a rather dangerous corridor that my ts ships die in alot. i read the manual and it says to go to the command screen and select patroll then the sector the the 4 waypoints..... well.. i went to the command screen and i cant find anything labeld patroll. all i have in my command screen is navigation,combat,trade,special,none. then a blank spot then something bout additional ship commands and another blank spot. what i mean by blank is, there is nothing there no buttons nothing, but it looks like something should be there. all my ships are equiped with allthe mods i could get, but for somereason i cant find the patrol button, its not listed in navigation,trade,combat or special. I clicked on the additional ship commands and all it says is none. and there is no option to change it. Plz help me, what do i need to enable patrolls, and oh im on 1.3

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 18:22

Select Combat on your command screen. You will see that the last two options are Single Sector Patrol and Multi Sector Control. Select which one you want, then choose each sector and waypoint for the lead ship. Use the ship that you want to head the patrol. Then add other ships to the patrol by using the Protect... option in the Combat commands.

You may only be able to use the patrol option with M6 and higher crafts, though I can't be sure.

Hope that helps.

Mordis
x3

Post by Mordis » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 18:25

well. i looked and most of my ships are m4s i have a small fleet of them lol. and when i opened the combat screen the only options i saw at the bottom, were attack all ememies and land and attack all ememies. there wasnt even the option to have them patroll there.

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 18:30

Then it must be as I thought. Tell one to attack all enemies and use others to back it up. Only use them in sectors that are medium risk. M4s don't have much of a chance OOS.

Krevel
x3

Post by Krevel » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 23:16

You'll need at least an M6 to lead your patrol. Then have the smaller ships set to protect the M6 (or another ship that's protecting the M6).
There are two things we know are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And we're not sure about the universe.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”