I need advice *sigh*, yet again.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Khaak_Hammer
x2

I need advice *sigh*, yet again.

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 20:49

Hi just started X3 after a upgrade (had played it before but never got anything real done)

I need a bit of help.

I have been (resonable) profitable in X2 but X3 is VERY new in terms of econamy so what with GOD and all what would be a good place for a large complex?

I have about 30 mil with a few M3's and one (personal) dragon.

what should I build and what transporters would be used?

Damm I hate this, I am a freelancer in ever way. I can run rings around ANY AI or human player while eating a bowl of soup but when I get to buliding the smallist factory my mind just run's away and hides.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 20:59

Dear Khaak_Hammer

You are right, economy is not so easy in X3 :)

You are wrong, you cannot build a large complex with 30 Mil. :(

But, you can start with a Space Fuel complex M in Helena's Fortune :)
It sells very well here, without a TS to sell - Just set your selling price below the average by 1cr.

Enjoy :D

Titaniumplanck
x3ap

Post by Titaniumplanck » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 21:06

start in herrons nebula and argon prime with energy (i have a shortage in argon prime in my game) with 30mil u should have enough money for a self-sustaining complex. then from that sell the products wanted int eh trading stations... cloth rimes, quantum tubes. thats not extreme money but its a base for expansion into teladi space, a more dangerous but profitable world.

in argon space id opt for mecuries they are local and quick, adequate freight space.

teladi space... maybe the caiman, its quick. pirates can prey on ur ships, caimans could get away. u do have the money for sector patrols so you could opt for that, but depends if you want money for that. caimans will howver snap up opportunities better because of their higher speed.

edit: u dont ahve the money for a crazily large complex. but if youve got that much money now, u can add on to a complex quicly enough. my current balance is 7mil, all fighters capped, 14 or so facts built.
if today was perfect there would be no need for tomorrow

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 21:18

Phlt wrote:Dear Khaak_Hammer

You are right, economy is not so easy in X3 :)

You are wrong, you cannot build a large complex with 30 Mil. :(

But, you can start with a Space Fuel complex M in Helena's Fortune :)
It sells very well here, without a TS to sell - Just set your selling price below the average by 1cr.

Enjoy :D
What do the XL, M, L, ratings mean?

were do I place the Spaceweed/fuel complex?

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 21:46

Khaak_Hammer wrote:What do the XL, M, L, ratings mean?

were do I place the Spaceweed/fuel complex?
M - L - XL is the "platform" you should use to build your auto-sufficient complex. Based on this you can add 1 factory L to sell your final ware: Space Fuel
i.e:
Race Factory # Yield
Boron Solar Power Plant M 1
Teladi Silicon Mine M 1 25
Boron Crystal Fab M 1
Boron Bio Gas Factory M 1
Boron BoFu Chemical Lab M 1

Argon Wheat Farm L 1
Argon Space Fuel Distillery L 1

You place your Space-Fuel only complex in Helena's Fortune, attached to ideally a Silicium Roid of 25 yield - beware that, if the yield is largely bigger, you might need more e-cells and your complex would no longer be auto-sufficient :)
Please, note that this complex would cost you a bit more than 16 Mio.

If it is not clear enough, don't hesitate to ask
:D

Your "M platform" is in orange - it is the cheapest one to supply auto-sufficiently your "Production complex" in yellow

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 21:54

Thanks.

Any good advice for a more advanced complex (never mind about C)

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 21:55

I have made a good profit from this complex;
1 x Silicon Mine
1 x Cattle Ranch
1 x Cahoona Bakery
1 x Crystal Fab

I have a feeling I'v missed a factory, with this complex attached to a good asteroid of silicon. produces Crystal. You can put a Solar power plant next to it, but i suggest not to connect it as you'll lose the final product, but place it near and have a Dolphin Super freighter ferry crystals & energy cells between the two, while your other freighters sell the excess crystal (for atleast 1475crd each.

Ammok Rules
x3

Re: I need advice *sigh*, yet again.

Post by Ammok Rules » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 21:56

Khaak_Hammer wrote: Damm I hate this, I am a freelancer in ever way. I can run rings around ANY AI or human player while eating a bowl of soup
If we was online and we was in our own fighters, i'd be eating your soup. :lol:
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Re: I need advice *sigh*, yet again.

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 22:54

Ammok Rules wrote: If we was online and we was in our own fighters, i'd be eating your soup. :lol:

Sounds like a callange!

Any Time Any Place.

were was that complex styles?

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:00

:lol:

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:02

I also have a question:

Does a station's race effect its production in any way?
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:04

Thats not an answer.

Are you going to follow up your challange or scuttle away under a rock?

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:13

titter.....i got a head start, come back when you have more than 76 stations in a complex, and our German buddies knock me into a cocked hat, with over 300 in one complex.

However, I have noticed that they seem woefully unable to replicate my spaghetti layout, theirs are all straight lines and cuboid, whereas mine reflect a more impressionist style reminisent of bolognese poured lovingly over a bowl of freshly cooked pasta.

You'll need more than 30m as well. no scripting.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:16

Ammok Rules wrote:titter.....i got a head start, come back when you have more than 76 stations in a complex, and our German buddies knock me into a cocked hat, with over 300 in one complex.

However, I have noticed that they seem woefully unable to replicate my spaghetti layout, theirs are all straight lines and cuboid, whereas mine reflect a more impressionist style reminisent of bolognese poured lovingly over a bowl of freshly cooked pasta.

You'll need more than 30m as well. no scripting.

No way.

You challanged me and I intend to follow through.

What game what time?

And I'll blast back to windows 95.

ewokshaman1
x3

Post by ewokshaman1 » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:29

Boron space in my game, especially Kingdom End is ALWAYS short on energy cells, and because of that, the sector immeadiately to the west is always out of Bogas.

if you could run energy cells from queen's space to Kingdom End enough to boost the bogas production, then run hte bogas to the sector to the west of Kingdom End, then run the Bofu back to Kingdom End, you'd make a whole Mess of profit. or put bogas factory's in the sector to the west of Kingdom End, that would cut out the run to Kingdom End with energy cells and help stimulate the local economy.

As i said.. this is just my game.

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:32

antigone Memorial & herrons nebula, i thought i found a good roid had a yeild of 25. but it was enough. added bonus it's a pretty quiet sector too & herrons has some argon patrols.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:33

Have you found the 108 roid yet?

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:40

Well, lets see if you can beat this first (challenge one), I'm not sure if it's me biggest, but it was me first. looking at it i can see when i used hired Tl's and then my ollie and then me moth, hopefully with a bit of help, yours won't take as long to build as mine did, the spacefuel is a good start. :)

Stations can be any, but Large, Medium etc count as one, becuase the challenge is to get em stuck together, rather than money spent. However, this complex is also self sufficient, or over producing in all areas except rastar oil, which i fill up from another complex occasionally, the frame is just a bit slow to go in and add another fab. :lol:

1 x BPAC
1 X APBE
2 X 1MJ
2 X 25MJ
2 X SILKW
1 X M RHIMES
3 X L SFUEL
1 X M SFUEL
4 X LT
7 X M SPP
1 X L SPP
1 X XL SPP
9 X M WHEAT
1 X L WHEAT
6 X M ARGNU
9 X L ARGNU
1 X L CHELT
10 X L CAHOONA
1 X M RASTAR
3 X L ORE
2 X M ORE waste of money, go large
5 X L SILICON
14 X M CRYSTALS

I make that 87 fabs. That should keep you going for a while. I'm also fair to middling at Counter Strike Source but i woulda whooped ya at Unreal.
:lol: Happy comp building. here is a help. :)

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:43

I just read about the BIGEST complex EVER.

11231 Facts.

beat that.

feel sick yet?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:49

but what makes you think your better than everyone else? ;)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”