Tips-n-Tricks UPDATED Dec 22

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GoateeCat
x2

Post by GoateeCat » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 01:02

reev wrote:There is no way on holy heck I could ever afford to buy one of those Mamoth Class suckers to do that. I am just not as savey as some of you I guess.
No no, HIRE a mammoth, not BUY. When you hire a mammoth, they will follow you anywhere but only charge when you cross a gate. Just get them to follow you to you station and order them to cut engines. They won't move unless you tell them too.

WildKarrde
x2

Post by WildKarrde » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 01:56

GoateeCat wrote:
reev wrote:There is no way on holy heck I could ever afford to buy one of those Mamoth Class suckers to do that. I am just not as savey as some of you I guess.
No no, HIRE a mammoth, not BUY.
I could be wrong, but I think he was referring to buying a TL to push an asteroid into a competitor's station.
"It's a trap!"
"Fighters, coming in."
"There's... too many of them!"

Reev
x2

Post by Reev » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 04:00

WildKarrde wrote:
GoateeCat wrote:
No no, HIRE a mammoth, not BUY.
I could be wrong, but I think he was referring to buying a TL to push an asteroid into a competitor's station.
Yeah I meant to push the rock into the station. It does not seem possible to get them to crash into it. I tried for an hour.

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 15:22

Updated this morning (US East coast)

Removed the bit about having a TL follow you to run into a station, seems that was a fluke.....sorry...

Added Sinclair4217's and GoateeCat's tips. Sorry GoateeCat, I didn't put your link up, 'cause it asked me to login....
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)
Have Scanner-Will Travel(X2)
WetWare's Ship Tweaks(X2)

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 15:36

Thanks to Steel for making this a sticky!
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 15:47

Yeah, it's a good thread.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

travisfinch

Post by travisfinch » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 18:20

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 18:22

I've never been able to get that to work. Have you?
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)

Burrito
x2

Post by Burrito » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 19:34

Something that I have been doing that I find helpful.

I enjoy spending my evenings (days too...) running around killing pirates and trying to steal their ships. During the process of this I also aquire a lot of junk that can be sold for who knows how much. Instead of flying all around trying to find a place to sell the junk, you can just transfer it to the cargo bay of the pirate ships you are going to sell. The shipyards will purchase anything from you this way.

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 20:02

Burrito wrote:The shipyards will purchase anything from you this way.
I wonder what they are paying for space eggs? Anyone want to give it a go?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 22:26

Sinclair4217 wrote: Buy a Split Scorpian (fastest and cheapest ship that can hold a Jump Drive). Max out it's speed, 5mw shield as well (if your feeling paranoid).
For fast ships, I prefer the Iguana over the Scorpion, the cost difference is not much, cuz you get 300+ speed vs 200+ of the Scorpion. It can also carry 25MW shield and a lot more EC than the Scorpion does, but Sinclair's tip is a good one.

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 01:52

Burrito wrote:Something that I have been doing that I find helpful.

I enjoy spending my evenings (days too...) running around killing pirates and trying to steal their ships. During the process of this I also aquire a lot of junk that can be sold for who knows how much. Instead of flying all around trying to find a place to sell the junk, you can just transfer it to the cargo bay of the pirate ships you are going to sell. The shipyards will purchase anything from you this way.
Cool, if I can figure out how well they pay for stuff, and they are paying fair prices, I'll put it up on Monday.
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 02:23

You get less if you sell equipment with the ships then if you removed it and sold it at the equipment docks.

Sinclair4217
x2

Post by Sinclair4217 » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 04:07

VincentTH wrote:
Sinclair4217 wrote: Buy a Split Scorpian (fastest and cheapest ship that can hold a Jump Drive). Max out it's speed, 5mw shield as well (if your feeling paranoid).
For fast ships, I prefer the Iguana over the Scorpion, the cost difference is not much, cuz you get 300+ speed vs 200+ of the Scorpion. It can also carry 25MW shield and a lot more EC than the Scorpion does, but Sinclair's tip is a good one.
Scorpian is max speed 329, the Iguana 308.

Belgarath
x4

Post by Belgarath » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 05:08

Here's the only tip I have at the moment....

Don't play X² on a PIII-600MHz machine with 256MB of RAM and an NVidia GForce2 GTS. It just doesn't work very well.

:lol:

I've got to get a new computer. :P
The new PC I just built for myself:
i5-13600k, 32GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3060 12GB
It'll do until I can upgrade the graphics card.

PlanetSide

Post by PlanetSide » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 08:31

lol u could even recommend do not play the game on a p4 3.2 512 mb and radeon 9800 pro..even at the start i get framerates in the teens when i have monitors on in the boron sector. Ie doing the second mish, when u get attacked by pirates, i had the external view up on my monitor so i could dodge incoming fire, and a turret view..didnt check framerate but it was quite jerky..

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 15:03

Spitfire79 wrote:
Shifty wrote:1 word..... Jumpdrive

get everywhere from anywhere in no time at all ;) although costs a lill
Hmm... within a sector? You didn't read my post.
No No Shifty, Spitfire79 is spot on. Whilst yours may work out quicker, if you have e-cells on board and a jumpdrive you can jump within the sector. All you do is active the drive selct the sector your in and then the nearest gate to where you want to be and your there! (after drive count down obviously)

klingens

Post by klingens » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 17:45

If you want a fast charging jumpdrive, just go into SETAagain as soon as the computer voice starts the countdown. that way it only gets the "10percent, 20" then immedetiately jumps. waiting the full 10 seconds is so boring.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sun, 14. Dec 03, 01:56

Heres a BIG tip for new folks,

Don't over do the rudder upgrades......I did on my Mako and now on turning manually its a touch over sensitive.
I'm an oldie too, I shoulda known better.
Pity there's noway to undo upgrades.

Looks like I'll be shopping for a new fighter.

All the fun of running a very small enterprise in space :)

Gotta love X :)
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

oolon
x3tc

Post by oolon » Sun, 14. Dec 03, 04:31

Want to see if a sector has bonus gates you missed? Check your universe map for lines which arn't connected.

James

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”