[X2] GHEPT Factory Loop Problem

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bastro

[X2] GHEPT Factory Loop Problem

Post by Bastro » Sat, 28. Oct 06, 18:14

Hey all, hope life is good for you. I was cleaning my room the other day and found esd's factory loop guide that I'd printed out, which I started to follow once, confused myself and thought I'd try again another day. Since then I've got more play time under my belt and reading back over it, I understand where I was going wrong before...or maybe not.
So I've been trying to build a loop that involves a GHEPT forge but I'm a little confused over it. In Cloud Base NW theres an GHEPT forge that uses EC's, Ore, Meat Cahoonas and crystals as a secondary resource. The only shipyard I can find that sells a GHEPT Forge is in Family Njy, I tried placing it in Scale Plate Green and it said it needed Rastar Oil, Ore, EC's and no secondary. so that screwed my loop up cos I'd place cattle ranchs and cahoona bakeries. So I reloaded, I thought maybe because it was placed in a Teladi sector was the reason it wanted Rastat Oil. So I tried again in the Ore Belt as its in Argon space and again it asks for Rastar Oil!! I lost two hours of my life over the those two loops!

So what I'm asking is.. how do I get a GHEPT forge to want Meat Cahoona's? any advice would be great, this is the last bit of the puzzle missing for me so when I know, I should be able to get looping!

Bastro
"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you." ~ Fry, Futurama

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Sat, 28. Oct 06, 18:34

to answer you question simply for a station requiring meatstake as a food resource it must be an Argon race station.
Rastar oil is a Split race station so no mater were you put the station it will still requre the same resources to run.
Also no player owned stations require secondary resources only AI stations require them.

Sever101

Post by Sever101 » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 11:25

There's a script called STC: Station Upgrade Commands that has a number of options one of which being to automate your factories and do away with the need for food for the cost of 5 million. I thought it was overpowering at first, but after my loop logistics demands reached headache levels, i tried it out on my BHEPT forge in PE and haven't looked back. I run it on all my food heavy factories now. This script is also the only way you're going to get a GHEPT to run in Argon space without hassles.

korcan
x2

Post by korcan » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 13:51

Argon Gamma HEPT forge can be obtained from shipyard in Light of Hearth

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 14:25

Sever101 wrote:the only way you're going to get a GHEPT to run in Argon space without hassles.
Why?

BoronSticks

Post by BoronSticks » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 17:48

Sever101 wrote:There's a script called STC: Station Upgrade Commands that has a number of options one of which being to automate your factories and do away with the need for food for the cost of 5 million. I thought it was overpowering at first, but after my loop logistics demands reached headache levels, i tried it out on my BHEPT forge in PE and haven't looked back. I run it on all my food heavy factories now. This script is also the only way you're going to get a GHEPT to run in Argon space without hassles.
Might as well just script in whatever you wanted. Why bother building a BHEPT forge at all?

Sever101

Post by Sever101 » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 08:01

jlehtone wrote:
Sever101 wrote:the only way you're going to get a GHEPT to run in Argon space without hassles.
Why?
I didn't know an Argon version of the GHEPT could be bought at LOH. I was assuming a different race's GHEPT would be used which means hassles when placed in Argon space.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 08:13

Sever101 wrote:I was assuming a different race's GHEPT would be used which means hassles when placed in Argon space.
Again, why? Nobody cares about the race of the station. You just haul the necessary supporting factories from the same source.

Sever101

Post by Sever101 » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 10:46

jlehtone wrote:
Sever101 wrote:I was assuming a different race's GHEPT would be used which means hassles when placed in Argon space.
Again, why? Nobody cares about the race of the station. You just haul the necessary supporting factories from the same source.
That's the hassle i was referring to. That and setting up multiple TSs to feed the outcast factory's resource needs. Especially if you have ample production and logistics for your most commonly used food resource.

Sever101

Post by Sever101 » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 10:49

BoronSticks wrote:
Sever101 wrote:There's a script called STC: Station Upgrade Commands that has a number of options one of which being to automate your factories and do away with the need for food for the cost of 5 million. I thought it was overpowering at first, but after my loop logistics demands reached headache levels, i tried it out on my BHEPT forge in PE and haven't looked back. I run it on all my food heavy factories now. This script is also the only way you're going to get a GHEPT to run in Argon space without hassles.
Might as well just script in whatever you wanted. Why bother building a BHEPT forge at all?
BHEPT is the maximum laser class for the turrets of most of my corvettes.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 10:54

Sever101 wrote:That's the hassle i was referring to. That and setting up multiple TSs to feed the outcast factory's resource needs. Especially if you have ample production and logistics for your most commonly used food resource.
But basically you do have to haul the stations anyway. And if you already build GHEPTs, you probably have TL of your own. With jumpdrive it does not matter much, where you buy the stations from.

Well, I did assume that one does normally build a stable and selfsufficient closed loop when one builds a GHEPT Forge. Naturally, if you do rely on trade for resources ...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”