Anyone else taking an X2 break till patch? :)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fergrim
x2

Anyone else taking an X2 break till patch? :)

Post by Fergrim » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 20:15

I love x2 so much, you all know. :) But with a 70 mb save game file.. It's definitely been break time for me from x2. Just not wanting to let degrading performance ruin my enjoyment of this AWESOME game. Can't wait to play again when the patch comes out.. Hope my Dragon holds up well during that time

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 20:20

Yeah mate, think I'm gonna have to stop for a while - combat's pretty much impossible for me at the moment!

Have been spending some of my time setting up a few more factories and only fighting when strictly required to protect my assets!

If the game speed returns to what it was when I first started the game I'm going to be a very happy chap!

Scoob.

Fergrim
x2

Post by Fergrim » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 20:22

I'll be happy too! I get most of my enjoyment out of the combo of factory management/combat. If I can't go about and have awesome fights in my dragon without super slowdown, I'm going to have to wait till the patch.

I'm willing to bet it will fix our performance issues. And include some super nice fixes too! :)

Sarpedon
x3

Post by Sarpedon » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 20:39

No, I can't stop playing, despite the many crashes I have when I try to leave SETA on for extended time periods. I MUST MAKE MORE CREDITS AND EXPLORE!
Death before Dishonor.

ShanghaiDilly
x2

Post by ShanghaiDilly » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 20:50

I can't stop playing either.

In fact, just the other day I decided to load up a very early savegame (only 27MB too :wink: ) and thought I'd try to be a little more efficient in setting up my factories, etc.

I'm an X-universe noob, but loving every minute of this game.

Now, if I could just catch up to that Mammoth jockey that stole my goods! :wink:

Fergrim
x2

Post by Fergrim » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 20:50

Yeah, seta crashes for me too when I leave it on for hours on end, without me touching the computer.

But that's to be expected. I'm more concerned over the general game framerate drop that seems to happen the further you get in the game. This degradation of functionality should cease once they release the patch.. Then I'll make a lot of profittsss

Kaelibb
x2

Post by Kaelibb » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 21:01

I had considered shelving the game till the patch was released, but as a newcomer to the series I am spending my time getting comfortable with the interface and getting a general feel for the game.

Though I encounter problems frequently and many are very frustrating I still cannot seem to stop playing. I think once the patch has been released I will start a new game and play a little more seriously but I am enjoying it now for what it can do.
Last edited by Kaelibb on Fri, 12. Dec 03, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 21:02

I'm taking a break from X2 till the patch. My game is unplayable with my savegame file at 72Mb.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 21:15

Looks like I'm going to be forced to stop - the latest Khaak incursion into the Ore Belt has finally brought my struggling system to its knees, resulting in a crash.

Don't want to stop, believe me, but as my latest saved game is over 120megs my system just can't cope anymore :cry:

Scoob.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 21:16

We've got to get the patch first.

Lets hope it will be this weekend.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

carran
x4

Post by carran » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 21:40

Not stopping because I haven't really got started yet, despite having the game for over 10 days. I don't see much prospect for playing over Christmas either.

Perhaps it's just as well as the patch should be out this weekend.

Stickynote
x2

Post by Stickynote » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 21:56

I've stopped playing till the patch comes out. Combat is impossible for me right now.

Vanhikes
x3tc

Post by Vanhikes » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 22:34

I cant play, as my system lag's too much. So i guess i have been forced to stop.

Hoping the patch is out soon, so i can feed my addiction. :lol:

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 22:35

Me too i am already dieing to play X2 some more but cant!

/me prays for the patch this weekend.

Fergrim
x2

Post by Fergrim » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 22:36

Maybe egosoft will see this thread, feel our pain...and make sure the patch comes out this weekend! :)

neuron
x2

Post by neuron » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 22:43

I've stopped a while ago actually, well, stopped playing all the time, because of the problems.

defenatly gonna keep going after patch though :)

ChaosLord
x3tc

Post by ChaosLord » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 00:19

Don't stop playing, they need more beta testers to fix the game before the EU version. :P But seriously, i've mostly stopped as well. Its fun, but the bugs just start to bother me too much. That, and since a major part of the game is still hidden has made me stop for now.
"All good communists should know political powers grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

DilbertLand
x2

Post by DilbertLand » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 00:32

I found that I started having a lot of problems with game freezes once I did enough to trigger the Kha'ak.

So, I've basically stopped too. I just placed a single SSP in redlight and have been leaving it on SETA to build up my credits until the patch comes out (with only a single station I've been able to avoid the trigger - so far). Hopefully the patch will eliminate the freezes I'm having and I can start playing again......and I'll have a nice bankroll to boot.

Halsy
x2

Post by Halsy » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 00:54

You do realize that the patch will more than likely be incompatible with current saves - meaning you'll have to start over again. IF that's the case, I'll probably make use of a trainer to get me back to where I currently am (anyone know of any?). While I don't want to cheat, I don't want to lose out on all my hard work either and start from scratch again.

As for all the issues for the first patch, I think they should put them aside and get the savegame issue resolved ASAP!
Midget Soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 01:17

Halsy wrote:You do realize that the patch will more than likely be incompatible with current saves - meaning you'll have to start over again. IF that's the case, I'll probably make use of a trainer to get me back to where I currently am (anyone know of any?). While I don't want to cheat, I don't want to lose out on all my hard work either and start from scratch again.

As for all the issues for the first patch, I think they should put them aside and get the savegame issue resolved ASAP!
The 1.0 savegames will be compatible with 1.1, so there won't be any need to start over after patching the game. :)

Cheers,
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”